I read that they were working on a twin, but I thought it was a 750? I was very surprised to see a 300.

What is interesting is the change in the currency between the USA and India, it dropped by 20% so when buying out of India the prices are significantly lowered. I wonder if KTM has the balls to ask top dollar for the 390 here? I admit that it is not entirely that simple since imports often feed into manufacturing and when currencies fall then costs of some inputs go up. This currently is stemming investments in India, its economy is slowing down.

I would like to see KTM import all three of the Indian manufactured Dukes to the USA, however if they held margins down the consumers would get used to the lower prices and in a product line that is historically one of the most expensive.
I actually would consider a 125cc here if it was under 3k, certainly would consider the 200cc if under 4k and the 390cc for under 5k. But If they bring the 390 here bet that they ask close to 7k for it. The 690 retails for $9,000.00, they have to adhere to their own convention.
Its a quandary, it really is for KTM, they are an expensive product line and now are mass producing low cost models. Not that different then the riff in QJ between their pricy Italian models and the low cost Chinese offerings. The big difference is reputation and perception of value, KTM could sell lots of these Dukes and for less…but they will not offer them for substantially lowered prices, at least not yet, that’s a shame for consumers.

Duke 125