Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qianjiang Motor

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. #181 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    Qianjiang is apparently bringing out a KTM 390-looking twin-cylinder 300. What do you guys make of this...?

http://www.moto8.com/thread-426888-1-1.html

http://motorcycle.sh.cn/t_17674679.htm

2. #182 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    I would say the bikes engine has more in common with other twins, it does not appear to be an obvious copy of other current twins.

300cc Kawasaki twin engine.

Then there is the Suzuki 250 twin.

3. #183 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yeah I think it looks fantastic. But then being Qianjiang, it may be years before it ever sees the light of day if ever.

4. #184 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    I am pretty sure that one will come to the market and will be sitting between their 250 single and the 600 four.

They obviously are not having troubles designing, they actually seem inspired.

They have enough models to enter the USA, it is a good market for them to refine technical support, training and parts management.

This company is not a private company it is a government owned company its designs will not be copied.
    They are likely paying for consulting and in that carefully developing, they probably are not violating any intellectual rights and or patented technology within their offerings.

It seems that being bought by a Chinese company is not such a bad thing is it? Partnering with one in a JV seems far less progressive. Then those not having a technology partners are running a race on treadmill.

Benelli has good engineers, but they have no experience in mass production and related internaltional distributions. That’s all new for all at QJB unless they hired some people that used to work for another company and in that acquired the needed knowledge and skills.

They got the designing part down, at least it seems so, but that is not all there is, operations management is all inclusive and definitely a team effort. They are in a very good position to become a major competitor.

5. #185 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    0ZuVZCeE86437.jpg

xICvFCUgh5082.jpg

OtY5P89Yc9163.jpg

New pics of the upcoming 300. Could this be another landmark in the Chinese motorcycle industry? If they priced it at around 23,000 RMB to compete with the GW250 then I think it could be a real winner. I hear the Duke 390 sells for the equivalent of 20,000 RMB in India. If this bike becomes available to the domestic market in China, it would go a long way to quelling some of the massive jealousy that I have for the Indians.

6. #186 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Looks like a miniature Kawasaki ER6N with a parrallel twin rear shock on the right side of the frame then the swingarm design aswell does look smart though.

Kennon

7. #187 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    The 300 twin is currently on display at the Jiangmen motorcycle expo. Motofans claims it will be available to the domestic market some time next year.

sBFIZhMN42841.jpg

lV5l94Uc93002.jpg

8. #188 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    When Benelli starts to copy KTM on everything from displacement to paint scheme to target market, they become QianJiang. Looks good, though

9. #189 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    ljH9GSqRQ8084.jpg

vQILgCuOb6131.jpg

Some people on motorfans are starting to criticize it based on the apparent poor quality of the display bike especially the frame welds. The engine has "265" on it which some are saying is the engine capacity whilst others are saying that it stands for 2 cylinders 65 mm bore based on the BJ600GS having "465" on its engine. My bet is that the engine is a true 300.

10. #190 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    I bet the bike was a rushed last-second decision to jump into this niche urban 300cc competition, which, at this moment, is dominated by KTM (IMHO). Thusly, the overall quality of the bike makes it be a pretty dangerous ride. I believe it's more of a pre-pre-production mockup, rather than an actual production model. Anyway, I guess Nanjing dealerships will get it as soon as it rolls out - I'll definitely go to the shop to have a look at that, but something in its design just doesn't click. Can't say what exactly. Probably I'm just biased :)

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast