Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qianjiang Motor

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Another new bike from QJ, this one they call the Blue Boalong QJ150-17A
    Part of it looks old: air cooled motor, drum brakes and swing arm.
    Part of it looks new: mono shock, fairings and gas tank.

2. #102 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    It does looks a bit like a shock absorber that comes with a motorcycle, is that the same shock used on the QJ600?
    http://motor.newmotor.com.cn/QJ15017A2983/

The link has a couple more images of the bike and they are even less flattering, who knows it may sell well in China, young people that admire the 600 that cannot afford it, they can at least get the shock absorber?

Its a new frame, it has to be, the rear brake on a 150 really does not need to be a disk, I forget were or at what engineering specifications a rear disk adds actual stopping force, but its way above the needs of a 150cc with 11-12hp. Not sure but if the rear brake is over rated it can cause the rear wheel to lock up prematurely?

I really do not hate the Blue Baolong, but it does not excite me at all.

They could make a real super light with a bigger engine, if the mono frame and shock layout has value in that then fine, but as it is seems like a all show and no go?

3. #103 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Regular
    [/QUOTE]They could make a real super light with a bigger engine, if the mono frame and shock layout has value in that then fine, but as it is seems like a all show and no go?[/QUOTE]

I agree.

4. #104 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Well, I guess at the right price point it could be a nice learner bike or commuter bike for an internal market. You know, that thing that just rides and rides and has no problems.
    Superlight could be something in the heads of Benelli's R&D. I doubt that QJiang R&D (if it exists at all) even knows about the existence of the aforementioned subclass.
    As for the rear brake, yes, indeed, it tends to lock up (and what we're looking at here is a Chinamade thing, after all), but it works exceptionally well on my wife's Suzuki EN-150.

5. #105 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Well QJ could take their 250cc OHC 4-valve engine and make a version of the Yamaha MT-03?

They can offer different frames and configuration for that engine, why not? I do not mind seeing the shock on that bike. I also like how they shrouded the radiator with flat black plastic and also the undercarriage guard, to me the MT-03 is very handsome.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2017 at 03:18 AM.

6. #106 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Benelli does have a 450cc water cooled single, they offered in a motocross bike.
    That engine should be considered for a street model.

It likely could drop into all the frames used by the 250 models, in fact if they were smart they would make the frames suitable to support both engines.

Then offer a larger line of UNO models…250 and 450

They could bring back the Mojave, in a 250 and 450 version.

It's just a mater of having the low cost production in China.

7. #107 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    My bet for the next affordable full sized motorcycle in China is the DUE 756.
    I believe the hold up is making it in China, it should be their next substantial release.

8. #108 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Well, that does look good!
    Also looks like ≈ 65.000 - 70.000 RMB to me :)
    A bit overdesigned (for my taste), still I'd be getting THAT over CFMoto 650 NK.

9. #109 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Its possible that they only end up manufacturing one motorcycle with the 600cc four and only one with a 750cc twin, however that is not the typical approach most manufactures take. That being they typically bring multiple versions to the market with a single engine design.

Honda just announced three models based on a 500cc twin, in the cases of QJ they likely will bring lines of bikes based on engines and should. The 750cc twin, if they get it right could be offered in three version very much like the three version Honda is offering with its 500cc twin.

For the 600cc, they could bring to the market and should a fully faired version, there in fact should be two models with the four cylinder. But for the 750cc twin it could be developed into three and one of which would be an adventure bike.

We can see that in the UNO line, the DUE line is not online and something is holding it up, it could be that the model is a one off and limited in that.

The Quattro is only in one form and the only real expansion potential for that is a fully faired race version.

They already have multiple versions of the Tre and in two sizes, I believe they are bringing some of the component production of those into China and in that able to bring down their production costs and that subsequently allows them to be priced more competitively at retail.

They cannot ever stop adding models, they have to keep developing and in that using all that they currently have in hand or can acquire easily and cost effectively, that is why we see the Uno models they are not much above the Chinese industry standard models, that being there are quite a few offering that 250cc engine, but they have it with EFI which give them a distinct advantage, that being it can be offered globally.

They also may eventually expand and diversify their production base, they have some potential to do that in South America. Multiple manufacturing centers is also a component of the success of the likes of Honda and others.

10. #110 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    The 2ue was first introduced as a concept in 2009, it has been a long road to retail for that effort.

Here is a conceptual through the vision of Oberdan Bezzi Design, who I have a serious man crush on.
    Not everything he visions tickles me, this on scores reasonably high though, it’s fun looking, it also adds the bonus of flipping off the conventional mainstream thinkers.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast