Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qianjiang Motor

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Benelli updated its ITA website,it is displaying the the new UNO C models for 2013, both the 150 and 250 as well as the BN 600.

http://www.benelli.com/default.aspx

The Benelli UK site also has added the new models to the range, no pricing as of yet though.
    http://www.benelli.co.uk/

2. #112 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Generic (ksr-moto) is offering quite a few new models for 2013.
    Here are a couple.

TW 125 SM, specifications have it with a 125cc air cooled engine, however the image is of a water cooled engine?

There TR 125 SM looks to have the same engine and specifications have its as liquid cooled.

The 125cc are listed as 11kw @9000rpm and with 6-speed transmissions and have EFI.

The image of the TW125-SM looks like an edited image of the Benelli 250 Motard?
    Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2017 at 03:19 AM.

3. #113 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    I have to say that what KSR is doing is actually smart, consider the Vulcan 100, light easy to own and maintain.

4. #114 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Austrian KSR Group GmbH, manufacturer and importer of motorcycles, scooters, quads and ATVs, anounced the re-naming of ist own motorcycle brand „GENERIC“ to „KSR MOTO by GENERIC“ at Intermot 2012.
    Since 2004 GENERIC developed and launched various models that became successful in more than 30 countries and became market leaders in their segments in several countries. Most of GENERIC’s models were designed by world-famous motorcycle designer Gerald Kiska. In 2012, GENERIC launched the first motorcycle with the new 125 cc EFI-engine developed by KSR Group’s engine development department.
    When KSR Group got the chance to become importer and distributor for several well-known brands such as CFMOTO (for Germany and Austria), LML (for Austria) or Lambretta (for Germany, Austria and France) it became clear that KSR Group would have to make a clear differentiation between the products that were created by and those that were just distributed by KSR Group.
    “With the re-naming of GENERIC to ‘KSR MOTO by GENERIC’ we want to emphasize that this is not just one of the many great brands we distribute. KSR MOTO is KSR Group’s very own brand, offering motorcycles and scooters that reflect our personality. Vehicles that contain a lot of Austrian know-how and creativity”, KSR Group’s press officer Stephan Schmatz explains and presents another surprise: “KSR MOTO’s model range won’t be limited to 50 – 200 cc motorcycles and scooters. At Intermot 2012 we present the prototype of a 600 cc naked bike, a 300 cc ATV and a 700 cc ATV with V2-engine.”
    During the next years KSR MOTO wants to become a full-range-supplier in the motorcycle and quad/ATV business. “Our development team and our designers already work on further attractive models that you probably won’t expect”, Schmatz tells us, “we are convinced that after the re-branding our already very successful story becomes even more successful.”

5. #115 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    http://www.laughing-buddha.net/toys/mission?

xD

I wish all the best for KSR MOTO. Renaming Generic was a very good thing to do. I don't know is it because of my non-native English skills but generic sounds just awful.

6. #116 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I have to say that what KSR is doing is actually smart, consider the Vulcan 100, light easy to own and maintain.
    This! Just give more cc and replace front drum brake with modern disc brake.

I can't believe why it is so hard to design and market a bike which is a workhorse like MZ bikes are or like older Honda CB are. All this "dual sport" marketing has flooded the markets with tons of practically identical super motard bikes which are good for nothing else than some brief reckless driving.

They should put some military grade design into the game. Start it with the idea "it must be maintainable in a forest/desert/ using only a limited set of basic tools, while the overal construction must be sturdy enough for the bike to go through WW2 campaign as a scouting vehicle."

7. #117 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Oh man, I am an engineer by education now. Should begin to play job application lottery by trying to get a job on a company manufacturing motorcycles.

Or should I go to a local bank with my diploma and ask for €100 000 000 loan to start up a company myself xD

I already have a vision: Design three generic models of bikes. The models are "street", "off-road", and "hybrid", which shall be available in different engine sizes. Generic models shall be affordable and easy to maintain. The profits are focused on high quality replacement and modding parts, which can be used as "drop in" replacements for the original parts. Customers can also design "a'la carte way" a bike for themselves because the manufacturing of the bikes shall be very Just On Time focused. The three generic models shall be redesigned in 3 year cycles, meaning that all parts on the bike on three year cycle must be interchangeable.

8. #118 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    The little Vulcan is also only a four speed, who knows they may sell a lot of them.

What is missing for me is less stylized version of the frame with a 125 and 150cc versions of the Vulcan.

KSR is only offering more stylized versions of that frame in their Nimbus 125 and Torano 150. These could have been instead continuations of the Vulcan with bigger engines. But then again these others may sell well?

Maybe this will inspire them?

9. #119 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Benelli used to make singles back in the day, they imported them to the USA under the brand Wards Riverside, they were sold through department stores…in 1968.

I feel better when manufacturers differentiate modern from Classic, also between types or styles rather then just engine size.

10. #120 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Maybe this will inspire them?
    Uhuh, that is so freakingly beautiful motorcycle.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast