Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qianjiang Motor

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Austrian KSR Group GmbH, manufacturer and importer of motorcycles, scooters, quads and ATVs, anounced the re-naming of ist own motorcycle brand „GENERIC“ to „KSR MOTO by GENERIC“ at Intermot 2012.
    I remembered Sergio Bonelli's old comic book. The main character, Zagor, had a sidekick whose name was Felipe Cayetano Lopez Martinez y Gonzales, but everyone called him simply - Chico.

I do not understand why the Austrians made ​​so much fuss about the new name - simple KSR is more than enough.

I have to say that what KSR is doing is actually smart, consider the Vulcan 100, light easy to own and maintain.
    Vulcan, heh? Where are Kawasaki lawyers so far?

What I find interesting in this motorcycle is its engine. It seems to me that it is "bent" good old Honda engine with horizontal cylinder. 100 cc - it should be 50 mm bore and 49.5 mm stroke. I first saw this, as I called him - "bent" engine, on Sino-Polish "Romet Zetka" 50, and I would say that the same thing in a new Lifan 100 cc motorcycle a la Honda Ape. An interesting exercise on the subject "layout redesign", the but I do not understand why they did it, when that "bent" engine is rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    This! Just give more cc and replace front drum brake with modern disc brake.

I can't believe why it is so hard to design and market a bike which is a workhorse like MZ bikes are or like older Honda CB are.
    Your eastern neighbors sell those for around 1150 euros - http://moto.mail.ru/articles/test_dr...els_delta_200/ .

They should put some military grade design into the game. Start it with the idea "it must be maintainable in a forest/desert/ using only a limited set of basic tools, while the overal construction must be sturdy enough for the bike to go through WW2 campaign as a scouting vehicle."
    They did and didn't work so good - Shineray Long March.

Or should I go to a local bank with my diploma and ask for €100 000 000 loan to start up a company myself xD
    Find bigger bank and go, not with your diploma, but with your Rk - it is better chance to get some money that way.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #122 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    1972 Tornado 650 S

If you look through the images they have a copy of the MSO and it has a typo the HP at 11.2hp?
    That engine had about 50hp

Typical Italian bike the electric starter only works one day out of the week, it takes the rest of the week off to recover.

But it is defiantly in my eyes one of the handsomest bikes ever made. Maybe they can bring back a line of bikes called Tornados?

3. #123 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Ist their name they can change it if they want to.

If you offer names up for a friends child….you can likely cross those off as ever being the child’s name.
    Everybody wants to name their own babies.

The all over the place is coming inherently out of china from the factory to retail lots and lots of names.

I think they are saying uncle, to is it a Generic, it’s a Keeway it’s a Benelli, it does not end there.

I would pick some names and stick with them?

Kawasaki does have a line of bikes they call Vulcans, Yamaha has a line of bikes called Star. I doubt Kawasaki would have issues with the name, the bike is also a copy of their model they sell in SE Asia called a Boxer CT100
    Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2017 at 03:20 AM.

4. #124 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Your eastern neighbors sell those for around 1150 euros - http://moto.mail.ru/articles/test_dr...els_delta_200/ .

They did and didn't work so good - Shineray Long March.

Find bigger bank and go, not with your diploma, but with your Rk - it is better chance to get some money that way.

I am just curious and an idiot, what you meant with Rk, I did not get it xD

Cool! There is still hope in the world :D

Though, I very much liked the bike you linked and could buy it anytime, I became most attracted of the majestical Enduro they have:

The next best thing was this:

Would be a fun business to import Stels motorcycles by Velomotors to Finland. I very much liked the lineup they have. Just a pita that the markets in general does not like of what I like. With epic marketing worth of doctoral thesis grade studies later on that could be however changed :D

Anyway, I am a happy motorcyclist again. There is choise even though elitists in ivory towers has done their best with all kind of shitty directives to eliminate all competition against established brands.

There is choise, but the question is how it is possible to enjoy of that choise in Finland :p

5. #125 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Oh wow, look at that saddle!

They sell bikes like that in markets where people actually use motorcycles

In Europe they sell shitty bikes with paper thin saddles for people who actually drive cars

6. #126 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Kawasaki does have a line of bikes they call Vulcans
    Their VN's are here known as Vulcans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Vulcan

Rk stands for Rynnäkkökivääri.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #127 Re: Qianjiang Motor 

Cool! There is still hope in the world :D

Though, I very much liked the bike you linked and could buy it anytime, I became most attracted of the majestical Enduro they have:

The next best thing was this:

Would be a fun business to import Stels motorcycles by Velomotors to Finland. I very much liked the lineup they have. Just a pita that the markets in general does not like of what I like. With epic marketing worth of doctoral thesis grade studies later on that could be however changed :D

Anyway, I am a happy motorcyclist again. There is choise even though elitists in ivory towers has done their best with all kind of shitty directives to eliminate all competition against established brands.

There is choise, but the question is how it is possible to enjoy of that choise in Finland :p
    Are kidding if you want to set up an dealership then Import from Baltmotors, but Finland may not have favorable import tariffs, check out what the tariff rates are for that oblast were Baltmotors is located.
    Kaliningrad.

If you set up a shop it should centered first in Helsinki, you would need mechanics or two.
    You could import from Baltmotors and also certain products from KSR and maybe Romet and Minsk.

The duty is 8% and VAT 24%, so you add to the dealer cost what ever that is.

8. #128 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Are kidding if you want to set up an dealership then Import from Baltmotors, but Finland may not have favorable import tariffs, check out what the tariff rates are for that oblast were Baltmotors is located.
    Kaliningrad.

If you set up a shop it should centered first in Helsinki, you would need mechanics or two.
    You could import from Baltmotors and also certain products from KSR and maybe Romet and Minsk.

The duty is 8% and VAT 24%, so you add to the dealer cost what ever that is.
    Huh, Minsk!

Finally someone able to perfect the design of a motorcycle!

I want to spend the rest of my life either doing photography or doing something with motorcycles. So, thanks of the tips. I will have to evaluate the possibilities.

9. #129 Re: Qianjiang Motor 

This truly is one of most adorable bikes on the markets I know. Awesome. Brilliant. Epic.

10. #130 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    I was about to go berserk when thinking that can't a nation who has invented and produced

and

really produce a workhorse motorcycle able to wipe the rest of the wannabee motorcycles away of the table.

And the answer was: M1NSK.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast