Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qianjiang Motor

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. #171 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I think I understand now why they added lesser Benelli models, it created a midrange offering that allows better access to certain markets. The Benelli offerings in some markets, like Finland are all Chinese made offerings.
    At the same time, Benelli in Serbia, or just its motorcycle division, is all Italian - http://www.benelli.rs/naslovna .

Damn, looks like I failed to notice that the incomes in Serbia surpassed incomes in Finland.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #172 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    The 600 and 250 are missing in Serbia, they are also missing in allot of markets. In some they are being offered as Benelli and in others under Keeway. If I was to use the marketing of these in Serbia as any indicator of wealth, which would not be that reliable considering the lack of any legitimate real marketing research these people conduct, I would say it represent that of income disparity, that being there is no middle class. To take that further it could represent a proportions of sales for under 200cc and that compared to the higher end Benelli model sold, being more cheap Keeway likely get sold then very expenses super bikes. That would mean allot of low incomes and few high incomes. The profits on the super bike likely much higher and in that justifies selling less of them, maybe?

Is there a Benelli dealer near you and if so what else do they offer? Typically those that offer high end bikes also offer other high end offerings. They do not often offer low cost models as well, however some do, in the USA the largest dealers offer as much as possible. These are the best business models as diversification offers averaging of profits that in total will always beat those that do not, if they get the mix correct.

3. #173 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    A bit off topic, but I wonder why that 250 Benelli / Keeway / Whatever-you-call-it supermotard is assembled in China and is available in China NOT???

4. #174 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    I do not think it is in production yet.

5. #175 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    Here is Benelli considered simply as an exotic Italian bike whose design astonishes you, you might wish to take it for a spin, but not to owe one. Here, even today, Benelli has a reputation of an high-maintenance and unreliable motorcycle. Not once I heard a discussion like "Damn, even the Italians are not able to get them to run properly!". Not to mention that Benelli have ONLY ONE showhroom in Serbia, in Belgrade's southern suburbs (some 60 km away from me). "New money" buys Ducatis, Aprilias, HDs... Middle class, or what left of it, buys Japanese motorcycle mainstream.

However, among Serbian bikers didn't pass unnoticed that a few years ago, our police tested few Benelli Tre 1130 K, allegedly, for the role of "undercover" highway interceptors with HD cameras. So, if you see some Benelli in Serbia, as well bordeaux-black K10 Gixxer - that is probably police. Yea, "undercover"... of sort...

With these motorcycles, along with Stelvio, Mana, V-Strom, Beverly, X-Max (and good ol' BMW R-series), which in recent years they bought, our police is beginning to resemble Greek DIAS.

Back to the topic.

These new 250 and 600 cc bikes might be better accepted by the market with Keeway badge. Yet, it must be admitted that the Keeway build a certain customer base and became, at least, semi-brand.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #176 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    I would buy one of these…

I would like to see Keeway in the US offer these, if they can keep it well under 3k OTR and sell them through prominent dealers,otherwise I would not be interested.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2017 at 03:22 AM.

7. #177 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    I do not think it is in production yet.
    Alright. Got it. Any ideas as to when they're available worldwide and in China? I'd really love to have one!

8. #178 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    It was supposed to be released in the second half of this year, also I have read in Italy first.

9. #179 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    It was supposed to be released in the second half of this year, also I have read in Italy first.
    Thanks, I see. Will wait. Might consider getting one.

10. #180 Re: Qianjaing Motor 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    These new 250 and 600 cc bikes might be better accepted by the market with Keeway badge. Yet, it must be admitted that the Keeway build a certain customer base and became, at least, semi-brand.
    As I've said before, with the arrival of the KTM Duke 390 all these bikes loose quite a lot of ground in by charts. And that's even despite my allergy towards KTM....

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast