Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qianjiang Motor

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456781626 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Keeway is selling it’s 250 V EFI in Italy

I have seen these in person they are very small, sitting so low the controls have to be up front and then the bars go back, the steering neck is also raked out, then the forks get longer.

I think it needs to be straightened up and lighter in weight, it could be a

or maybe just one of these
    Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2017 at 03:14 AM.

2. #52 Re: Qianjiang Motor/Generic 
    Generic updated its website….it is cleaner nicer and simpler.

They are not offering complete specs on the 200cc, every other version of the bike I have come across has an OHV engine. That little bike cries for a about 17-20hp and likely has less then 14hp.

None the less it is a very handsome little bike.

Seems that offering a legitimate 250 single with about 20hp should not be such a difficult task or even an OHC engine that simply offers some more legitimate performance to match its sporty looks.

I have never seen one of these in person but bet my impression would be that it is small, seems to me that increasing the size a bit and displacement would be the next step.

I see nothing about the 250cc or 600cc that QJ manufactures advertised on the Generic site.
    Currently there are no news items…the site is relatively new.

3. #53 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    KSR imports product manufactured by Benelli Qianjiang, LML and also CFMOTO.
    The Generic line appears to be 100% BQJ and their Explorer ATV line manufactured by CFMOTO.

http://www.lml-scooter.eu/

4. #54 Re: Qianjiang Motor 

5. #55 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Keeway is Benelli Qianjiang, it is a international marketing brand name they use. The Keewway RKV200 and Generic Code S and X are the same bikes.

KSR may have some exclusive distribution rights in some countries for some models. For example the Keeway brand is offered in Austria but they do not offer the 200cc model there under the Keeway name, were Generic does offer the 200cc.

http://www.keeway.de/

It will be interesting to see where they choose to offer the 250cc Motards and the 600cc sport bikes.

Last edited by MJH; 07-13-2017 at 03:14 AM.

6. #56 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    like them both

600 cc has 3 cylinders!!!?

7. #57 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nima Naderi View Post
    like them both

600 cc has 3 cylinders!!!?
    four....your not reading the other threads?
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-rumors-thread

8. #58 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Saw those pics of QJ/Benelli motard. Want one. Seems like it's already out in the international market. Any idea if it's available in China? And if yes, how much is it?

P.S.: to me it feels like QianJiang-Benelli is a company that's tentatively taking the right path. They may not have a clear strategy (that of branding/market segmentation/differentiation and what not), but they're instinctively taking the right steps that other Chinese company have yet to take.
    They may very well become the first company to build the first Chinese bike with an identity (like Honda did for Japanese bikes). The only competitor they got in building an internationally recognizable brand (and brand image) is CFMoto, who have been also trying quite hard to establish themselves as a standout brand. I'm eager to see who does it first.

9. #59 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    From the perspective of what we get in the US: CFMoto started to get some sales with its automatic scooter/motorcycle contraptions, but don't seem as popular now, and limited with its offerings here. I know we don't really get any QJ products, but I do think if they were to come with the Benelli name, they would probably have some sales. Skyteam have been slowly establishing themselves with their Honda replicas lately, and now have a Skyteam USA (not sure if this is just a distributor allowed to use the name--I believe this is the case). The CT-70 replicas are known as being very reliable here as sold through Pitster Pro, SSR, and Skyteam--off to a good start! According to the guy I spoke with the other day, they are considering their V-Raptor 230cc bike for the US (the Suzuki VanVan replica). Their Honda Dream replica in 125cc trim is supposedly right around the corner and shown prominently on their site.

On a side note, Qingqi has grown a decent sized cult following with its 200cc motard/enduro sold through Qlink, and soon through SSR ( although that is technically a Pioneer model).

Earlier in the game, it seemed like Lifan was going to make it on their own, but they laughed at their customers (yes literally), and eventually as of late, could not figure out how to pass EPA without actually blaming the EPA. Zongshen has been gone a few years now, too.

10. #60 Re: Qianjiang Motor 
    Hopefully, CFMoto and QJ-Benelli will learn from the experiences of Lifan and Zongshen and will eventually establish some market presence. In big markets like US it's not only about the product itself, it's also local management style and marketing techniques that Chinese manufacturers have yet to learn.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456781626 ... LastLast