Hell, my name is Maurizio and i live in Italy.
I'm the owner of a scooter Vespa PX 125 cc( over 100.000 km in Europe) and since 2008 of a Suzuki DR 350 that in 2008 and 2009 i've driven from Italy to Central Asia: Uzbekistan, Kazhakstan, Turkmenistan Khirgyzstan.
In 2010 i've driven a Royal Enfield in India and this summer a Yamaha tXT in South Africa, Namibia and Zambia.

One of my dream is to can drive a motorbike in China: i've visited your country in 2005, Shangai, nanning, Chengdu Lasha and Beijing, but with trains and plane.
Enter in China with the own bike i know that is difficult, but possible. The problem is the too much high cost: in general i know that you've got to buy a kind of "tour", with a chinese guide that follow you with a bike, following a planned route. This is out of my budget.

In 2009 i was at the border between Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan and i meet 3 french bikers, riding 3 chinese sidecar . They told me that they bought them in China, and after it was possible drive through China, without guide and just using the international licence of driving. At the border with Tajikistan they had'nt any kind of problem with custom. Everything was fine cause they are the owners and the sidecar wehre bought in China. They showed to me sidecar documents written in Chinese and Russian.

It is really possible do this ? For me is really really cheaper buy a fly to China and buy a little bike instead drive my bike from Italy to China: at the arrival in China i must spend money to send back my bike in Italy. For a ride like that i can get 30 day of vacation, not more. One way in 30 day is possible, go and back no.

Thanks for any kind of information or contact

Momi