For most folks, the riding season starts in March/April and ends sometime in November. For those of us down south, November means prime enduro time. Summer is just too damn hot for shlepping through the jungle in full gear, so we welcome the cool dry air of late autumn.

You might remember how much fun we had during our rides last winter, which was followed by even more mayhem during the spring. One final shot as we finished off the season last May. It's hard to believe we found such good riding in the middle of so much urban sprawl.

My riding partner/neighbor, Andrea, and I, have pretty much exhausted all of the decent trails around our neighborhood, so we decided we needed to expand our horizons by heading north, near the city of ZengCheng. I scouted out some decent trail areas via Google Earth, and was pretty sure we would find some nice riding deep in the forest of central Guangdong. Plenty of mountains, with no major roads in this area, so there's a great mix of logging trails and technical single track to choose from.

Just one problem, there's 75 kilometers of concrete jungle between home and the trails, so we had a little project to deal with first. After a few phone calls and 5 weeks of waiting, I arrived home to find this.

Some assembly required, as the old saying goes.

Four hours later, we finally had ourselves a trailer.

Which can hold up to 3 bikes. (Do you hear that Ritch?)

And I even managed to get a nice hitch system that doubles as a bicycle rack.

Finally we were ready to venture out, so we loaded up...

Hit the road...

And headed to the trails.

Which turned out to be awesome.

It's going to take us months to explore all of the options here.

And a little reward after an incredible day of sweet enduro riding.

Stay tuned for some videos.

Cheers!
ChinaV