Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Nice riding.That CRM would go nice there or a Husky TE310.

2. #32 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Thanks td_ref,

I'm still not sure I understand youku, I was told that the HD videos posted on youku come from Chinese media sources (TV stations, advertisers, etc.) and I have not been able to find examples of regular users that can upload a 960X720 video.

What is more interesting, is the bizarre way youku is referring to HD.

600X480 and 960X720 = WTF is that shit. Why are they sticking with a 4:3 aspect ratio ???

HD = 1080p or 1920X1080 pixels ----- If they want to go smaller, it should be something like 1280X720 or 960X540 to keep things in a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Anyhow... regardless of what standards they have, I can create a very small 960X720 version of a video, but I don't think it will maintain its resolution when it gets uploaded to youku. I would love to be wrong about it.

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it!

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    OK, I managed to upload a NASA HD video to youku's. The video can be view 高清 or 超清.

The result speak for itself. But for HD I have another question, is it sensible to upload a HD video to internet? I've dsl connetion but low bandwidth upload (most of we are), for this 720p 40s 50mb file, it take me 1 hour to upload. That's not include server transcoding time.
    p.s. the original video is in this link http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/hd/HD...archive_1.html, the fifth paragraph.
    同志仍需努力

3. #33 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    The result speak for itself. But for HD I have another question, is it sensible to upload a HD video to internet? I've dsl connetion but low bandwidth upload (most of we are), for this 720p 40s 50mb file, it take me 1 hour to upload. That's not include server transcoding time.
    p.s. the original video is in this link http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/hd/HD...archive_1.html, the fifth paragraph.
    Well td_ref, it's rather complicated.

The first thing we're dealing with here is the limited capabilities of the vBulletin software that MCM runs on. Some sights using vBulletin allow users with html experience to customize the way things are displayed. MCM has a core set of "tags" that can be used to present text, photo's and videos, but it's very limited. CC has given us tags for several video hosting services, but the Chinese government keeps banning them (I think this now includes Viddler) so he's fighting a battle that can't be won. It would be cool if we could have a little more html or iframe power in our posts, but it may cause problems for CC.

Regardless of which video hosting sight people choose, all of them change your video before streaming it. For instance, you downloaded a 47.0 MB 1280X720 HD video that was encoded as an .mp4 file and then uploaded it to youku. They used a different .mp4 encoding method and shrunk your video down to a 3.7MB 672X378 file. So when you go to youku to watch your video, you are seeing a much smaller version than what you uploaded. It still looks good, but it is very different. They also display it in their stupid 4:3 format, so you have the black space at the top and bottom.

When I get a massive HD video file out of my camera, I can transcode it before uploading to a video hosting site. For example, 640X360 is a beautiful size for streaming high quality HD footage. I can easily upload 2 minutes of footage in less than 50MB. Half the problem with uploading is bandwidth, the other half is youku….their servers suck. That 50MB file upload to Vimeo via my proxy server only took 17 minutes, I direct uploaded it from my computer in Taipei in 4 minutes.

I really appreciate your input and time. I would be happy to post via youku, but I can't understand the Chinese interface and, as you mentioned, uploads take a very long time.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #34 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    CC has given us tags for several video hosting services, but the Chinese government keeps banning them (I think this now includes Viddler) so he's fighting a battle that can't be won. It would be cool if we could have a little more html or iframe power in our posts, but it may cause problems for CC.
    ChinaV, you are correct. My viddler videos can no longer be accessed from inside the wall. One interesting occurrence is that my Motokai's Inner Mongolia Ride 2010 video is still working - it just happens to be stuck on one frame.

5. #35 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Somehow I forgot to post the remaining pictures from last years Guangdong Enduro season. Richard, Andrea, & I managed to cover quite a bit of ground and logged over 1200 kilometres of trails across 18 rides. I tracks it all via GPS and came up with the following stats:

Distance: 1200 kilometers / Average ride was 60 kilometres
    Time: 66 hours / Average ride was about 5.5 hours
    Average moving speed was around 20 kilometres per hour

I'm not going to comment all the photos, I think most of them are pretty much self explanatory.

More to come....

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #36 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Continuing on with more pics from last years Enduro season...

I was hauling ass and almost impaled myself on this tree. I caught it straight in the chest protector and it launched me off the bike. I thought I was dead, and now have a pretty good idea what it must have been like to be a medieval knight on the loosing end of a jousting match.

Bastard locals use these illegal nets to catch birds. On one hand, you want to tear down the nets, on the other, you don't want to stir up trouble so we just let them be.

More to come...

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #37 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Final batch from last years enduro season...

Ritch holding my bike while a get a mud photo. We struggled on this hill for half and hour and never managed to get up it. Lucky for us there was another way out or we would have been in big trouble.

6 hours of riding usually = 6 hours of cleanup.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #38 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Banned
    cool pics! makes me want a thumper again....

9. #39 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    Looks like Viddler is back in action without a vee pee en.

If someone would post a clear tutorial on how to use youku, I would post these there as well for faster viewing in China.

Uploading is slow, try to post more later.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #40 Re: We're back...more Guangdong enduro 
    I was hauling ass and almost impaled myself on this tree. I caught it straight in the chest protector and it launched me off the bike. I thought I was dead, and now have a pretty good idea what it must have been like to be a medieval knight on the loosing end of a jousting match.
    Oh man, Fortuna looked at you with a smile on her face.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast