Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Lexmoto lsm 125 wont run right 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi I'm new here but not new to bikes

I recently bought a Lexmoto LSM 125 which need a little work to it which wasn't a problem, but once I got it home and started to look at it the real problems started

In the space of about six months I've had to replace loads on the bike ie new wiring loom and speedo and speedo drive to the digital which doesn't work correctly, I have lights but no speed reading after speaking to the people I bought it of ( for which there are clueless) I was refunded the money I paid for it only to be told that the analogue system is now discontinued grrr and no I had no instructions with the harness or speedo or speedo drive

Now the latest is when I start the bike it will tick over but as soon as I apply the throttle it tries to die so I've had the carb off cleaned it and replaced it and it will work for about a day then were back to the same problem I've changed the fuel filter and fuel lines I must add that I did remove the old air filter and replace it with a K&N air filter when I was inspecting the bike for possible problems I did notice that there was two breather pipes that was sucking in air I've placed fingers over the pipes but still nothing the bike wont rev

So my question is does anybody else have any ideas as I'm losing faith in the bike

2. #2 Re: Lexmoto lsm 125 wont run right 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Crap in the tank blocking the jets? if cleaning the carb works but only for a short amount of time that's the first thing that springs to mind.

What kind of k & n did you fit? A replacement filter or have you removed the airbox and fitted a "pod" filter? If it's the later I would try swapping back.

Where are these breather pipes going from/to?

3. #3 Re: Lexmoto lsm 125 wont run right 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi and thanks for your reply here is a picture of the air pipe and what it leads to and as for the K&N filter it was fitted due to the old standard one dying

1.jpg2.jpg

4. #4 Re: Lexmoto lsm 125 wont run right 
    Try the spark plug, too. I have had similar sounding engine 'problems' happen to me, and 3 out of 4, I needed a new plug. One out of 4--I needed a new CDI. Both are easy fixes and work the proverbial miracle.

5. #5 Re: Lexmoto lsm 125 wont run right 
    I should mention--the plug is the cheapest, so definitely pull it out and see if it is blackened. If it is, you can wipe it down and clean it, put it back in, and see if it stays running. Then you know it was simply a spark plug, and go purchase one and gap it. To check a CDI, you need a working one, but come to think of it, at least in my case, the bike would not start at all, so work on the plug and like brooke mentioned, go through the carb again if the plug is fine.