Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Disturbing13's Avatar
    Here are a few cosmetic and (kinda)performance mods I've done on my bike.
    I hated the original PLASTIC handle grips that came with my bike. They acctually had very little grip at all. I found some rubber grips that still fit with the flame theme of my bike.
    Here is the original

And here is the new grip. It feels much better in my hand; not so slippery like the slick plastic ones. I don't feel like these will jump out of my hands.

I also changed the mirrors to fit the theme as well but I think I'll have to order larger ones later, as they don't angle up properly for me to see. they look nice though.
    I also found these neat chrome plastic pieces that are made for cars but I thought they would accent the bike a bit. However my bike has more curved surfaces to it, so it makes it difficult for them to stay on. I have to find a way of heating the plastic without damaging the look so it will sit flush with my gas tank and side fangs.

Bike Owned
    2010 DongFang Chopper DF250CHB

2. #2 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MAN I LOVE IT!!!
    I am from Louisiana as well! I live in Denham Springs and just ordered my Chopper Monday!!!!! I wanted Orange but decided red would look cool as well. How does yours ride? Are you pleased with it? How fast can you go, and do you drive on the I-10 with it? Sorry for all the questions.....I have NEVER driven a Motorcycle before, and maybe a chopper was a bad choice, but if I am going to have ANY bike.....Well its only a chopper for me! I LOVE YOUR UPGRADES!!!!! Not to copy, but man, I may have to do the same when mine arrives!!!!! We may have to meet someday and eat some good ole New Orleans food!!!!!!! I will leave the wife at home!!!!!!! LOL
    Last edited by Chuck Stardust; 11-22-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

3. #3 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    How's it goin' man. I love my ride. It sets low to the ground but it gives me more a sense of control. I don't do too much busy traffic with it, mainly cruising at slower paces through the neighborhoods and around the roads near the Lafitte trails where there aren't any lights. This is my first bike as well. I do suggest strongly on the handle grip upgrades to something rubber or just something with more grip as the ones that come with it are slick plastic like in the pic above. It can get up to 90 on a good stretch of road. As you know the humidity is killer out here and it's good to have grips that won't slip out of your hands. You know it-New Orleans food is the best man! Congrats on the chopper purchase! :)
    Bike Owned

4. #4 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Man you got me pumped! I was having second thoughts because I waaa afraid it wouldnt go over 50 mph, and that woulda made it a waste for me! Yeah New Orleans has the best food ! My wife and I were there today and ate a deannies and had breakfast at Fleaur de lis! I'm home again and can't wait for the chopper to arrive!

5. #5 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    Be sure to post a pic of you and your bike in the 'Welcome to MCM' section when you get it all put together.
    Here are some hints and lessons learned the hard way (by me) about when you get your bike.
    1.The hardest part about putting your bike together is getting it out of the freakin metal crate. It's not hard, just tedious; but don't let that lessen the steam of excitement in ya about your new bike.
    2.Make sure you have a covering to work under. I received my bike in April...(a might as well be summer April) at 11:45 am. By 4:00pm my bike was done and I was probably as red as your bike.(I burn easily)
    3.The actual hardest part about putting your bike together is getting the bike propped up enough to get the front wheel on. I don't have proper lifting gear so i used a 3 inch cinder block with a leather briefcase on top of it just under the chrome guard by the engine.Don't want to scratch it!
    4.Do everything your manual suggest, especially draining the shipping oil and putting in good fresh oil. The stuff they ship in it is not useable, it's far too thin and low grade.
    5. If your bike doesn't start don't panic. There are lots of wire couplings that may come undone in the shipping process. Just find them and snap them together. (there is one real tricky one to find under the gastank that stopped my engine from turning over. Found it, snapped it, and started it. Had to partially remove the gastank to reach it.)
    6. Find the battery, follow the instructions for putting the acid into it and let it get a charge overnight. Do this first so you will have it ready for the next day. (Sadly you won't be able to ride the first day you get it... unless you have a premade/charged battery. I didn't :'( )
    7. lastly, sometimes your bike can be damaged in shipping so keep a digital camera handy and preferably open the container (cardboard) and inspect the bike for cracks or breaks before the delivery guy heads out, just so it can be documented. Mine had a broken fang on the right chain guard; took a while but it finally came free of charge.

Well I hope this advice helps. Like I said , I learned some of this the hard way. But heck I'de buy more . I even have half a mind to start my own dealership here. :)
    Bike Owned

6. #6 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    First, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Second, thanks for the advice! I will definately adhere to your words of wisdom, and you keep making me more excited about buying this bike! I think they are the best looking choppers, even comparing then to some of the Big Boys! I really can't wait!
    Thanks for the advice and your reply!
    Later!
    Last edited by Chuck Stardust; 11-24-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

7. #7 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    C-Moto Noob
    Disturbing13, I'm looking at getting the CHB. Did yours come with the front fender? Some sites show it does while it's missing on other sites. Thanks for your help buddy

8. #8 Re: Cosmetic mods to my DF250CHB chopper 
    mine did, it had to be put on but it was easy. I guess some people like the look of it without fender. personally I like it with.
    Bike Owned