Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Zongshen Sierra200 riders? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, First of all let me say Hello. I'm a newb to the site and wanted to pick a few brains. I've been looking at China Bike trying to decide if it's what I want to get. I also looked at the UM (Korean). I test drove a Zongshen Sierra 200 today and I must say that I was a little disapointed in the power. When I released the clutch I thought I had it in second or third gear...nope it was in first. A little more sluggish than I expected. I had a Honda XL125 that seemed to have more power. Nice looking bike and it looks well made. The welds, fit, and plastics all looked great. Any Sierra200 riders here? Anybody got reccomendations on something over the Zongshen Sirerra200?

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Hi and welcome.

A direct equivalent would be the Qingqi QM200GY-BA or Qlink XF200. This is a well-made and reasonably well-finished super moto based on a Suzuki DR200 but with some better cycle parts, like the wavy disc, USD forks, etc.
    I'm finding mine very entertaining and fun to ride as well as reliable. The seat height was a little excessive for me, but slicing off nearly 3" of the seat foam cured that, but introduced the problem of bum fatigue after 30-40 km.

I'm also surprised by how little "plonk" or "grunt" there is from low revs. I would have expected a single cylinder 200cc four stroke, that is LOW geared as well, to pull a lot better than it does, and be well able to trickle along in 1st or 2nd with virtually no throttle. Perhaps it has a over-light flywheel or very little torque at low revs.

If you can, see and try one. Make no mistake, this is a quality, value for money product, that should help to bury the bad reputation that some Chinese products have.
    Last edited by forchetto; 08-13-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    Thanks Forchetto, I've done some more research and will probably buy the Zongshen. I read another post somewhere else where someone had done a few mods (the usual exhaust, jetting, air filter and carb adjustments) and now has his to max of 80 mph and a comfortable cruise at around 60-65. Low end torque was improved as well. I he also put on a slightly larger front sprocket (16 tooth) for a little more top end. I live only about three blocks from lewpack international and that is also a plus.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Great. Having a dealer close by is often the decisive factor, as well as having done your research, as you say.

If you ever feel like doing a bit of spannering I have a copy of both the workshop manual and the parts catalogue on CD. I could upload it to a corner of our works site server.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Arsis,

The Zongshen has had some mixed reviews most of them being bad and I think largely related to lack of spare parts. If your nearby dealer has a good store of parts (have you seen them?) then it's likely a non-issue.

Please let us know how it goes and I'm sure we'd love to see some pictures of the bike!

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Noob
    Arsis (and others)

I recently bought a secondhand Zongshen 200GY-2 (called ‘Sierra’ in
    > the USA). I was wondering if you have any suggestions for me on how to
    > improve the performance of the bike in terms of speed and power? Have you tried the modifications that you read about?
    I am a total newbie biker, living in Pretoria South Africa.
    >
    > Can I bore the engine to a bigger size?
    >
    > How does jetting work?
    >
    > Sprocket changes?
    >
    > What can I do to the exhaust?
    >

C-Moto Noob
    Forchetto

I bought a Zonghshen 200-gy2 without a manual. If you do post it somewhere, would you please send me the link?
    \
    Thanks!

8. #8 Zongshen Sierra 200GY Users manual 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermmias View Post
    Forchetto
    I bought a Zonghshen 200-gy2 without a manual. If you do post it somewhere, would you please send me the link?
    Thanks!
    Just uploaded the Users manual (in English). PDF file of 8.61 Mb, here:

http://www.telecable.es/personales/a...r%20manual.pdf
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Just uploaded the Users manual (in English). PDF file of 8.61 Mb, here:

http://www.telecable.es/personales/a...r%20manual.pdf
    Schweet, thanks man, I downloaded it.
    Herman

10. #10 Shineray Twin 
    I been checking Shineray new 250 MX (Which in my opinion looks great!) and the like to use the same Crank case as the CPI new 250,just the top end on both models chage.The CPI use OHC top end and the the Shineray use DOCH,the CPI about 24 HP and the Shineray 26 HP.Does anybody knows if both companies are sharing technologie.Are they gonna manufacture a 150cc models too or a bigger one?Does shineray plans to sell the dirtbikes to USA o Zongshen?Thanks guys and let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast