Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermmias View Post
    Forchetto

I bought a Zonghshen 200-gy2 without a manual. If you do post it somewhere, would you please send me the link?
    \
    Thanks!
    I am thinking about getting the same bike here in Australia... how is it going?

I am tossing up between that, the Kinlon 200 Motard, and the Arqin RT200 so any useful info from you would be good.

Thanks.

C-Moto Noob
    Hi there.
    I have had my Zongshen Sierra for 2 months now. I weigh 90kg, and am around 1.9m tall. This bike is a bit too small for me when it comes to long rides ands to standing up. It is too underpowered for South African highway driving - I do not feel safe. The suspension is a low point - not adjustable and front and back bottom out easily on bad terrain. At highish speeds on tar roads, the front end is very wobbly.
    High point: Looks, smooth engine and gearbox as well as ability of bike to handle bad roads (if you go slow). Bottom line: If you want to use this bike for getting to and from work at say 60-100km/h, and occasionally drive on dirt roads: GREAT. But if you want to go fast or drive off road - NO.
    I have no knowledge of the other bikes you mentioned.
    Hermmias

thanks Hermmias. I appreciate the information. The Arqin RT200 is the Australian version of the Qingqi 200. The Kinlon Motard is made by Loncin.

It is good to hear the Zongshen engine has been reliable for you, one administrator on this site seems to think the opposite :)

4. #14 Zongshen Sierra 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmarty45 View Post
    thanks Hermmias. I appreciate the information. The Arqin RT200 is the Australian version of the Qingqi 200. The Kinlon Motard is made by Loncin.

It is good to hear the Zongshen engine has been reliable for you, one administrator on this site seems to think the opposite :)

Marty
    The Zongshen is, in my understanding and observation, a direct copy of the Yamaha TW200's, as is a lot of the bike. It is thus a simple and proven engine. Same with the carburetor, which I took off and cleaned last weekend. I am chuffed with the seeming quality of the engine parts.The bike looks a lot different from the TW200 though because of the cool black plastic panels. If I could get it here(and if I only did tar road travel), I would buy the Quinqi 200 motard. That is purely based on my impession of their quality, and definately because I reckon that is the best looking Chinese cheapie by far! Beautifully designed!
    One more comment on the Zongshen: I put a quadbike handlebar on, which made it higher and narrower, which I find more comfortable. My brother crashed my bike, and bent the bar, so I'll replace it (and a couple of other bits!)
    Hermmias

If you dont mind Herm, what quadbike handlebar did you use? Any dimensions you can provide would be helpful. I have found the stock bar to be quite weak in strength.

How is the geometry compared to stock? Any large adjustments made during the first few rides to get used to the new bar position?

Any info is good info, thanks bud!

6. #16 handlebar on sierra 
    C-Moto Noob
    Bahaman dude.

I tried to post a reply the other day, typed a whole long story, and connection kept cutting!

In short: get a narrower, higher bar!

I do not know which quad bar I had (my brother had a crash with my bike and we replaced the handlebar).

I now have a secondhand bar that aparently comes from some Kawasaki. The angle and widthe is perfect, but I think I'll add bar raisers to get the hight back for when I am standing and riding!

sounds like a plan! didnt like the weakness of the last bar on my bike so looking to replace it with a more solid bar.

thanks for the intel

8. #18 Zongshen Sierra200 riders? 
    C-Moto Noob
    All motorcycles come to your door fully assembled and ready to go. Mega Power Sports will only ship our Scooters and Motorcycles out of the box and fully assembled and tested. Yes this does drive the cost up a little, but will pay off down the road. All Scooters and Motorcycles engines must be tested and valves adjusted and tuned to ensure long life of engine. This motorcycle can get up to 80 miles to the gallon. This kind of gas mileage makes this motorcycle very fuel efficient and economical. This vehicle is the perfect alternative to cars to save on gas and keep extra money in your pocket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12