Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: sunday ride out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 sunday ride out 
    C-Moto Regular
    We are organizing a sunday ride out to Tai hu from Shanghai.
    welcome all 2 wheels, side car, any moto can cruise at 90kph.

depart from Xiao fan's shop on hong gu lu by 0930h

round trip 300k.

tel: 186 2199 8590

2. #2 Re: sunday ride out 
    C-Moto Regular
    finally, we had a great sunday. 5 jh600 2-wheel & 3 jh600B side cars participated this tour.IMG00015-20111120-1636.jpg

3. #3 Re: sunday ride out 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Fantastic, Fon! Really sorry I was unable to participate, but I will next time! Any more pictures?

best thanks, and cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: sunday ride out 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fons View Post
    5 jh600 2-wheel & 3 jh600B side cars participated this tour.
    G'Day,

Just curious, any stalling issues with the JH bikes?

5. #5 Re: sunday ride out 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    G'Day,

Just curious, any stalling issues with the JH bikes?
    Hi, TB. As Fon has reported in the JH600 Stalling thread, Jialing appears to have resolved the stalling issue in the newer JH600 models, called JH600A. Now if we can just iron out the problems in our pre-2011 models, the JH600 will be an attractive dual sport option in China.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

6. #6 Re: sunday ride out 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Hi, TB. As Fon has reported in the JH600 Stalling thread, Jialing appears to have resolved the stalling issue in the newer JH600 models, called JH600A. Now if we can just iron out the problems in our pre-2011 models, the JH600 will be an attractive dual sport option in China.

cheers
    G'Day,

Thanks, now does Jialing offers a sidecar version with no stalling issues that can be legally registered in Shanghai?
    Lost interest in MIC bikes a long time ago and gave my last CJ sidecar away a few years ago.

Might be interested in another sidecar, one that works and has no issues......

7. #7 Re: sunday ride out 
    So far I think all the JH600Bs (sidecar) are registered in Huzhou or other "towns of convenience" in Zhejiang -- but only because Shanghai has not yet done what it did with my JH600 and enter it into their database of approved models. (Yes, mine supposedly was the first, and they took a ton of measurements and scrutinized the factory data sheets, etc.) So those ZJ-plated JBs probably are not welcome inside the Inner Ring. We do expect that Shanghai eventually will allow local registration with a 沪A downtown or 沪C suburban plate.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #8 Re: sunday ride out 
    Banned
    those ZJ-plated JBs probably are not welcome inside the Inner Ring. We do expect that Shanghai eventually will allow local registration with a 沪A downtown or 沪C suburban plate.
    G'Day,

Thanks once again but have no interest in "out of town" registered bikes anymore, been there - done that many years ago and just got back into big motorcycles in ML China.

9. #9 Re: sunday ride out 
    So far I think all the JH600Bs (sidecar) are registered in Huzhou or other "towns of convenience" in Zhejiang -- but only because Shanghai has not yet done what it did with my JH600 and enter it into their database of approved models. ...
    The issue is probably not related to the database of approved models, but a policy regarding the plating of sidecar. It is not allowed to just purchase a plate in the open market and apply it to the sidecar, unless it is already owned by the individual. One of the guys we rode out to Taihu with yesterday just got his 沪A plate successfully transferred to his sidecar this year, which implies the sidecar model is already in the database. I was told he actually had to go to court to win this right of transferring his own plate from his other motorcycle to the sidecar. Going to court, how about that!! Now it is an interesting question what constitutes "ownership" of a plate. Can one get a beat-up bike with Shanghai plate, scrap the bike and only transfer the plate to a new sidecar? I have no answer to that. I'd just like to point out that one of the sidecar owners did the impossible recently.

10. #10 Re: sunday ride out 
    Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    ...Can one get a beat-up bike with Shanghai plate, scrap the bike and only transfer the plate to a new sidecar? I have no answer to that. I'd just like to point out that one of the sidecar owners did the impossible recently.
    Milton, I think the answer to this question is "yes". In fact, that's the only source of plates these days -- old bikes being scrapped. And of course the plate on that scrapped bike is worth precisely whatever plates are selling for that month, i.e., north of 55k these days. Guys who got their 沪A plates a decade or more ago as a gift from their factory when they were furloughed know exactly what those plates are worth now. A plate is more than just the displayer of one's registration; it's a tangible, fungible asset that belongs to the holder.

Until the law or the state or a court says otherwise.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast