Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: SYM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: SYM 
    My proposal is for Lance to invest in a design engineer, to work up designs that utilize existing technology that is already in mass production, that being primarily the water cooled 250.

There is a percentage of the market that is interested and if done correctly that corner or segment of the market can be taken with that engine. Taken if it is presented in a variety of offerings.
    It is about bringing it to the market quickly and cost effectively.

2. #22 Re: SYM 

3. #23 Re: SYM 

4. #24 Re: SYM 
    This video is from October, 2011, from a (I assume) scooter shop owner in the Noho (North Hollywood--remember the big bank robbery/shootout?) area of Los Angeles. I am guessing these bikes are already in the US? It seemed like we were still waiting (although, I have to admit, the scooter industry has a whole different set of followers in the US, as opposed to motorcycle people--and SYM is primarily a scooter company sold through scooter stores) for these bikes to arrive. Glad to see they're here already (I think).

5. #25 Re: SYM 
    Hopefully this 150 isn't as bad as in it's motherland. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post38141

6. #26 Re: SYM 
    That sounds in the video seems like a drive chain that is loose? It does not seem like an internal engine sound.

I read the thread and it makes really very little sense to me.

The engine offered in the US is rated at 9kw @9000rpm (12.25hp) not sure if it has ceramic cylinders though, SYM does use ceramic cylinders in newer engines. They advertise that technology for the scooters but I do not see it included on the information for the Wolf 150?

SYM is offering a 24 month warranty, the Wolf has has an EPA certificate for 2011, it was the change in distribution that delayed its arrival.

7. #27 Re: SYM 
    The Symba got allot of attention and a decent following, it is logical for SYM to introduce the Wolf 150 after that. It being a bit more for a bit more.

8. #28 Re: SYM 
    I would not have any issues buying an SYM, they offer decent products for decent prices. The 24 month warranty backs them up.

The Taiwan manufactures got under cut by low quality for dirt cheap, so did the South Koreans. It makes it difficult for them to operate in the market with all the low cost competition.

Most reputable dealers, if there is such a thing, sell scooters and seek decent products. The SYM line bridges up, the T2 if priced right will get attention, it has a much more aggressive stance then the CBR250, it need to be priced well under the Honda and with a 24 month warranty it should represent a viable alternative to it.

There is a percentage of riders that do not want a race bike, they are beginners and may never go that far, they may never want a super bike. Some start with a scooter, some start with a dual sport, these are options and new entry level options have been missing for some time. They are feeders and the industry needs to embrace them if they want to keep going.

9. #29 Re: SYM 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    That sounds in the video seems like a drive chain that is loose? It does not seem like an internal engine sound.
    I read the thread and it makes really very little sense to me.
    Taiwanese called that sound as "鬼叫", quite common in B3U. Why had 鬼叫 is explained @ http://forum.jorsindo.com/viewthread.php?tid=2253770 Rubbish Bearing & No bush @ another side in head unlike the old Sanyang OR HONDA & clone.
    Another B3U headache is "刷缸" which WILL drop engine pressure to un-rideable condition very soon (10k km sad story heard in TW forum. The old Sanyang can at least round odometer once. ) Toothpick size con rod + Light weight short piston http://wolfclub.org/viewthread.php?t...extra=page%3D1 To overcome the headaches: Re-config it as early 90's BUT the FI may drive u nuts
    TWese often complains the front start motor which made them can't direct fit Honda or clone parts Stator also in a weirdo config http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....&last=24037749
    Last edited by humanbeing; 01-05-2012 at 03:39 AM.

10. #30 Re: SYM 
    I guess time will tell? If that is the engine they are exporting or not? It would be shame if it is.

Since most American typically ride their motorcycles just for fun, it would take a long time to get to 10,000km(6,300miles), some may loose interest in the little bike before they put that many miles on it, it certainly would be out of warranty by then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123