Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: KYMCO

1. #1 KYMCO 
    KYMCO has stopped offering the Quannon 150 sport bike in the USA.

Kymco USA reclaimed some of them from defunct dealers and are selling them for $1,999.00, that is a $1,000.00 off the MSRP.

This dealer in California has some of those repose...
    http://bertsinventory.com/#/motorcycle/

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...annon-99163578

I am not sure if the 150cc version offered in the USA has a 4 valve engine as the 125cc sold in other markets does?

The engine is an OHC and it should generate about 15hp.

2. #2 Re: KYMCO 
    Kymco also stopped offering its 250cc water cooled V-twin in the USA in 2009.
    That models engine is rated at 28hp, the resale on those favors the buyers not the seller.

Kymco Venox

http://motorcycles.yakaz.com/kymco-venox-for-sale

3. #3 Re: KYMCO 
    For 2011 Kymco USA updated its website and stopped offering any motorcycles, they now only offer Scooters and Off Road ATVS and Side by Sides .

4. #4 Re: KYMCO 
    Kymco does offer OEM services, they have a long standing partnership with BMW.
    That engine is respectable and could be set into other platforms.

I do not think the New Husqvarna is the perfect bike, but it defiantly has the modern style the next generation will be looking for.

I can see the Kmco 250 V-twin engine in a version of the that bike….I can vision a less dated version of the VTR250.

5. #5 Re: KYMCO 
    I would like BMW to buy Generic and hire me as an operations manager. The first thing they could do is change the name to Generix, but should present it as Generi-X.

Then all the models would begin with X, these would be the X-V250.…

6. #6 Re: KYMCO 
    Kymco was supposed to be supplying one of the companies (not sure if it was a Chinese company or not) with the 250cc V-twin for the company's new cruiser--read it somewhere or another rather recently.

MJH, Generic should have hired you before creating the name; if they do come to the US, perhaps they will hire you on and change the name to Generi-X USA or Generi-X N. America...

7. #7 Re: KYMCO 
    KYMCO is advancing as an OEM for engines, they are venturing into automotive engines. I believe the V-twin on the Venox has a faux casing, KYMCO may have made it look bigger then it really is. It is also a high revving engine…which is atypical for a cruiser.

I do not see BMW or its newly acquired Husqvarna brand introducing a 250 line, but they could if they had an entry level brand name…that being Generic. Which would establish a connection to Benelli QJ, they already have themselves, BMW, a connection to KMCO.

The goal would be or could be a supply line that is complete, a grouping of brands that could be distributed in common. That would present a complete offering…covering all types of models.

I just do not think they really needed to create BMW scooters…they may want to consider a separated brand for different segements and then source supplies for that appropriately to keep the prices affordable. Offering entry level into brands that have prestige is potentially dangerous, it can have adverse affects to the consumers sensibility, to the brand identity.
    Last edited by MJH; 11-21-2011 at 02:57 PM.

8. #8 Re: KYMCO 

9. #9 Re: KYMCO 
    BMW MOTORRAD COMMUNITY
    http://community.bmw-motorrad.com/en/
    Last edited by MJH; 11-22-2011 at 03:28 AM.