Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Nima,

All I can say is that I cannot wait to ride in Iran. When the time is right, I will ride there from China. What great fortune you have to live in a city that is surrounded by wilderness.

The snow riding looks like a blast!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #32 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    you are always welcome here and see you soon

3. #33 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Maybe Pitsterpro offers them to its dealers in the USA? Maybe they are distributing them in a limited number to any Pitsterpro dealer that wants them….they imported some for the Canadian market.

JP Motorsports is also a Pisterpro dealer.
    Just got an e-mail from PitsterPro Canada informing me that they will start selling a 200cc bike in early 2012 and that a 250 will follow later (towards the end of 2012). This is good and bad I suppose. Good, because it would mean that the Qingqi QM200GY-B / Konker KSM200 will life on in Canada as a PitsterPro bike (see link http://cmgonline.com/news/2011/09/15...ew-250-engine/), bad because it means the new 250 might not be the Qingqi 250. I am saying this because I talked to Cleveland Cycle Werks, which is opening shop in Canada as well, and they said that their new 2012 250 Hooligan bike will not be the air cooled 2011 Qingqi, but a new liquid cooled bike. This makes me suspicious that PisterPro is going that way too.

Regards

Versys Chris

4. #34 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    These people all need to share distribution systems and aggregate their purchasing. They should be offering brand name based distribution systems as a service to multiple manufactures.

Jinan Qingqi North America for example

If you have volume systems you can then offer production consult and also design and research and development influence. You select and test out of their production and then offer designs to influence them. You could even offer supply chain management as in parts sourcing.

A brand should represent the actual OEM brand, to include the component parts.

and in that give all your dealer get access to as many brands you can offer and comprehensive parts support.

One ordering systems for multiple brands, those brands should be the OEM brand name.

The best approach would be to have a warehouse in china that for managed global distribution, all categorized and managed as multiple OEM brands for distribution to various global markets.

The whole Traxx adventure should be doing that and offering differentiated brands not one combined brand.

Should be
    Jinan Qingqi South America
    Jialing South America
    Jianshe South America
    Dayang South America

It is different in South America because they require domestic assembly, but the same units can be offered to other markets as fully assembled However aggregating all distribution would reduce costs, production should be to a globally homologated standard. That being only exporting products to markets that can be sold in any market. Global models.

When the bar rises then everyone is risen simultaneously. If developing market cannot support technology then that is economic development for them and should be embraced, develop the technology in that region.

5. #35 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The model has a 2011 EPA certificate BDFRC.249GYB-001, it is valid only on 2011 models and is for all 50 states.
    Wow...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234