Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: What to buy?

1. #1 What to buy? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello to all,

Thinking of a Dual Sport,in the 250 CC range,any input as to where to go in the Tianjin/Beijing area to look at and or buy would be welcome .
    Only bike I have ever owned so far has been a 2008 Ural Patrol, which I sadly had to leave back home,I am 6 feet tall and 220 pounds,is a 250 cc bike going to be enough for casual around town and country side rides?

Thanks,
    Glenn

2. #2 Re: What to buy? 
    from what iv seen and heard most 250's are all around the same bhp range 18-20bhp (~15KW or there abouts) but you can get more powerful liquid cooled ones im not sure on the whole registartion process as i dont live in the PRC but another member could probably help out more with your quiry as to what would be most suitable for your needs

3. #3 Re: What to buy? 
    Hi there,

not quite sure what to suggest. If you want to be 100% legal and are lookiing for a bike with a little bit more power than the standard 150cc models and a little bit larger than a scooter-sized chinese bike, I think the JH 650 is currently your only option. See this thread for more details on what bikes can be legally plated: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...missions-rules

Problem with the JH 650 seems to be a stalling issue caused by some faulty EDI and a lot of MCM members driving them are having a hard time right now getting it fixed.

I am 6 feet tall as well and am driving a Jialing JH 150 GY-3 which serves me well. Then again, I am only 160 pounds...
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

4. #4 Re: What to buy? 
    galaxy XTR? Shineray x2? Qingqi 250?
    Last edited by td_ref; 01-06-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    同志仍需努力

5. #5 Re: What to buy? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    how about ChinaV's Yingang .. a bike that so far doesn't seem to have a bad rap & is legal, or so I read here >> http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...50-6%29/page13

According to this you don't seem to have too many options >> http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...issions-rules/

The rule of thumb seems to be that if you want a China bike, get the simplest possible 125 or 150, otherwise stick with joint ventures for good customer service.