Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nima Naderi View Post
    look what i found !!!

there was a small motoshow in tehran and :

Are those being sold by Qingqi or Farsmotor?

2. #22 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    "TAKTAZ motor" is the current exclusive distributor of SUZUKI japan and also Qingi , but this bike

with 18/21 rims and not diamond style front cowl and Qinqi mark on the right case of engine

never been in the market for sale (just for show) but the one named "pishro gold 250" is the only alternative available by farsmotor

3. #23 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm surprised that you guys are treating this model like it's some mysterious new machine, it's the same unit the ChinaV documented so well here.
    Many 1,000's sold world wide. I had one on order here in Nicaragua before the dealer sold out. They quoted me $2,700 USD.

4. #24 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    Quote Originally Posted by motomech View Post
    I'm surprised that you guys are treating this model like it's some mysterious new machine, it's the same unit the ChinaV documented so well here.
    Many 1,000's sold world wide. I had one on order here in Nicaragua before the dealer sold out. They quoted me $2,700 USD.
    It is new to the US, so is "mysterious" and they have them in Iran, too. Funny enough, the dealer who is selling these, JP Motorsports, were probably one of the largest dealers of the Qingqi (sold as Qlink in the US) XF200/XP200, and the head sales guy "Smitty" said they aren't carrying too many as they want to evaluate them, in spite of the high level of reliability they had with essentially the same bike as a 200?!

On top of that, to me, the big surprise came as Cleveland Cycle Werks, who had been showing off their version of the Qingqi 250, had responded to me that they would not have their bike 'Da Hooligun' until the 2013 model year. I had assumed that the Qingqis weren't coming, and then I found these when I figured on settling and looking back into the Qlink 200. They were out of the Qlinks, but had these--no pre-announcement or any news of Qingqis coming here--BIG SURPRISE for the US market!!

5. #25 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, Cleavand Motorsport had preliminarily priced them way too high, so who cares what they do.

Aside from Qlink, I believe that worldwide, everywhere that the various forms of the Qingqi 200[GTX's]have been sold, the 250 has been sold too....in much less numbers.
    Probably S. America is where the most 250's have been sold, as they have been avail. there for several years. There has been some mentions of that model on the S. Amer. bike enthust. forums and they are positive.
    The only changes, aside from livery, has been to the exh. system and the addition of the oil cooler.
    I'm pretty sure that the model in ChinaV's outstanding running review, is the same machine imported into the US. I only wishy the new owner would have continued to up-date the reports.
    Of course, ChinaV's model suffered a plastic oil pump gear failure, which in turn cooked the top end. One can hope that there are some "under the skin" chaNGES that Qingqi has made.

6. #26 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think the dealer's trepidation is more of a case of "can they sell them for $3K".
    As you probably know, unless you live in S. Calif., you will be paying at least a $250 shipping fee. $3250...hummmm.
    Factor in that a 250 is somewhat small for US riding[and the 400's are not, if any, larger], I think I would pass.
    It has been a good seller south of the border where 250's are somewhat rare and Honda's 250, the "budget" Torando[made in Brazil, engine from Japan], go for almost $6000.
    In the States, I could get a near mint KLR250 for 3300 DOLLARS, and have gas money left over. It's liquid-cooled, smooth-runing engine make it a decent hiway bike, better than the TU 250 engineed Qingqi

7. #27 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    It's been almost a year since I took delivery of my second QM250. It's a great little bike, and I enjoy using it as a commuter. QingQi makes a decent motorcycle, but is severely handicapped when it comes to bringing product to market. If you dig through the old posts, you will see that the QM250 was announced in 2008. More than 3 years have gone by and they are still not available in China or most other markets.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #28 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    we had no other way to change the rims and tires and make a 18/21 Qingqi 250 with a 17/17 pishro gold 250 !!

9. #29 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Nima, the bike looks great in the snow. Is the weather that cold in Tehran or do you get up into highlands?

Hardcore chinabiking!!!

Cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #30 Re: There are some Qingqi 250's in the US... 
    dear euphonius

yes the weather is so cold in tehran and the photos were taken in lavasan 20 km far from north east of tehran

here is more

enjoy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast