Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by michemouche View Post
    Hey!

How are you doing?

What do you think about bringing the 250XR with road gearing on Tianma? Would be (a bit of) fun?
    Is there some tights corners or is this high speed track?
    hey i am good! u shoud give it a try! it is a pretty slow track... 250R would be enogh to have fun

[/QUOTE] good posts combined with excellent photography. who was the/your photographer. also like the "off track" photos too, always makes the day purr ;) Aside from riding racers, do you ride street?
    I see Jaunedoe you are based in Changzhou, so how do you find it, since they implemented the motorcycle ban? My other half is from there so we go there once or twice a year to catch up with her family or for weddings and the like. I rode from Ningbo and return one weekend a couple of years ago on my Dragstar Classic 1100. Boring ride actually compared with the mountains of Zhejiang, but I was sick of driving the car. [/QUOTE]

hehe i did those shots... got some issues on my bike it doesnt start anymore after a battery severe failure... hopefully this will be solved this week
    anyway for changzhou, i do street ride, but it is better not to leave the opportunity for the white hats to stop you... a friend of mine got his hornet pulled away... no chance he s seing it back since he lost the paperworks... bit of struggle!

2. #12 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    Question to the riders familiar with Tianma Circuit : how can you ride on the track (not to race, just to have some track time) ? Do you need to book in advance, or just come to the circuit whenever you want, pay a fee and ride ?

I guess some riders here do it sometimes, how is the track and the usual track time : many bikes and cars allowed at the same time, what about driving/riding etiquette (people cutting you off or basically ok) ?
    Just to know what to expect...

3. #13 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    you need to come during open days (check their website.. STC...)
    you have sessions for bikes only according to your bike type (guys with 600cc and 1000cc are running together)
    you need to pay a fee per session (and sign a paper telling that you are responsible of your acts!) - around 100 something RMB
    i get all the information i need through BG (http://bg-motorsport.ning.com/) but there are most probably some other ways (you also can rent a bike and gear from them... around 700 rmb per session for a 600cc track bike)

4. #14 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    Thanks Jaunedoe for the info.

During those sessions, the track is usually "full", or quite empty ? This is just to avoid being a moving chicane in their way...

5. #15 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    fred
    when you go to your first track day you will remove your mirrors and tape up your headlight
    and any other glass
    tyre pressure at 25psi
    look at a map of the circuit before you go
    visualise your line and gear changes
    ride smooooth (this is the most important thing)
    do not concern yourself with the riders behind you i.e. never look behind you

enjoy

6. #16 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Question to the riders familiar with Tianma Circuit : how can you ride on the track (not to race, just to have some track time) ? Do you need to book in advance, or just come to the circuit whenever you want, pay a fee and ride ?
    Basically answered, just want to add that unless you participate in a race, you do not have to tape up anything.
    This should be mandatory, as safety wiring some parts, as removing coolent and replace it with distiled water, but no one cares at Tianma. This also implicates that it is not a safe circuit for a motorbike, lots of debrise, mud and oil / coolent from time to time.

And oh yeah ... the concrete walls are close, very very close

7. #17 Re: Tianma Shanghai - 20/11/2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Thanks Jaunedoe for the info.

During those sessions, the track is usually "full", or quite empty ? This is just to avoid being a moving chicane in their way...
    5 to 10 riders from what i have seen up to now on a normal open track day... not that busy
    998S is right, the damn concrete walls are pretty close!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12