Hi everyone,

I am coming to China very soon (1st december). Initially I thought it was too hard to ride a bike around China but looking through this site and others (Horizons & ADVrider) i've realised that it is not only achievable but looking like the exact adventure I want.

Only issue is getting a bike pretty much. Looking for a dual sport or dirt bike around 200cc and I am landing in Beijing, would it be possible to buy one in Beijing and how would I go about doing this? I have a little bit of Chinese and would be able to tell someone I want to buy a bike and negotiate and that's about it. I'm prepared to do the trip with no plates and will have an IDL which I know isn't valid but can help.

I'm 26 and realise the cold this time of the year. Would be happy to tent it some of the way and will be glad to just follow my nose and wherever the locals decide to point me. I only have until the 24th of December however so time is a bit pressed as I fly out of Guangzhou but am happy to take a flight or train trip if required to make up lost ground.

I've done trips around Japan (FZ-6S), Thailand (Versys) and Australia with my very own 650 Vstrom. A few photos are here - http://imgur.com/a/Mq3Ak

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike