Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    Not really. It's done only 3500km and the only problem I can think of was a loose bolt on the rear sprocket. We still have the winter around so, I'm yet to ride it this year though...

2. #22 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Glad to read your bike is doing well. I tried to convince Skyteam USA (not directly a subsidiary of Skyteam, but rather an authorized importer) to bring these bikes to the US, but they said they have no plans to. However, they are not an exclusive Skyteam distributor as others sell some of Skyteam's products here inthe US, so I need to convince someone to import them!

3. #23 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    Well, initially I got in contact with Skyteam themselves to send me one bike from the factory, but then discovered the UK importer. Pricewise the two "offers" were almost identical when I calculated transport and import fees from China, so I decided to get mine from UK.

So, if you'll be able to register it, I suggest you explore the factory option too.

4. #24 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Krasimir, just for curiosity's sake: before purchase, did you contact guys from Germany who sell Sky Team bikes? I think they had lower prices than UK importer.

About the "factory option" - you contacted them and they were willing to sell you a single motorcycle?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #25 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    No, I haven't. Didn't know they exist

Yes. Factory sent me a FOB price (as far as I remember) for one bike, and I contacted a local transport company to ship the crate from the Chinese harbour to my town. And I did take into account import fees and VAT to get the final, "on the road" price. (Thank goodness,) The whole operation is not "brain surgery" complex, actually.

6. #26 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Yes, a few years ago I saw a company from Germany that sold a V-Raptors. I think they had somewhat better prices than UK dealer.

I would like to find seller in China who can sold me some simple moped, so I could conntact some local shipping company an use their cargo consolidation service to get this moped here, to be able to brag to friends, that I get two-wheeler twice cheaper than what it costs at the dealership.

There are two problems (in fact, one and a half): to find someone in China who'd sold me the bike, and other are our's customs authorities - they are complicated and ... I do not find a word that would describe them better and not to offend them.

7. #27 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Here is link for a German distributor http://www.german-mini-biker.de/
    But they do not sell the V-raptor or dual sports, only the minis and the Dream/ACE.

I would like to see Sacin make a line of bikes replicating the Honda SL series dual sports.
    They could and they could make them up to 223cc versions, since there are no real suitable twins that Honda used for the line they could just use the existing singles in production.

They could also do a replication of the early model CB models.

8. #28 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Yes, a few years ago I saw a company from Germany that sold a V-Raptors. I think they had somewhat better prices than UK dealer.

I would like to find seller in China who can sold me some simple moped, so I could conntact some local shipping company an use their cargo consolidation service to get this moped here, to be able to brag to friends, that I get two-wheeler twice cheaper than what it costs at the dealership.

There are two problems (in fact, one and a half): to find someone in China who'd sold me the bike, and other are our's customs authorities - they are complicated and ... I do not find a word that would describe them better and not to offend them.
    Well, the forwarder I contacted handles the actual custom clearance for me (for I fee, I guess), which is standard practice around here.

As soon as I see myself with some spare cash, I'm totally getting one of those 125cc, monkey/mini bikes. I'll ruin all "street racers" at the city lights around town!

9. #29 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    "Spare cash"!? What, you were moved from the Balkans?

"Spare cash"... You joker!

I think I would for such endeavor, hire some serious and trusted people, such as, for example Austrian Gebuder Weiss. A serious company with good prices; I recently heard that they at the moment offer transport Ningbo-Belgrade for 70 Euros per cubic meter.

10. #30 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    Dreams are still free, or not?

70 euro/m3 sounds like pretty good price to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast