Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Yea, but as far as I could understand, prices vary seasonally. No so long ago price was around 110 euros/cbm. You can check shipping rates and prices for other services firsthand, because Weiss has office in Sofia too.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #32 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    How about one of these?

Actually the minimum order is thirty, what you could do is contract with the shipping company and get price for shipping thirty and also renting the shipping container and then all you need is a field to park it in? You could sell Yamasaki Rednecks out of the shipping container.

Dream Bigger!

3. #33 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    I know this is getting a little off-topic, but Skyteam's FB page which I believe is the Chinese headquarters replied to m e and another US guy that they are finalizing certification for the V-Raptor for the US! I will believe it when I see it, but the FB moderator didn't seem like he was fibbing.

4. #34 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    Well, it uses a "standard" 223cc Honda-clone engine anyway, so I guess it has been EPA certified in the past. MJH knows more if and how these EPA certifications are transferable.

Importing 30 units is pure trading for me, and this is what has happened and continue to happen with Chinese bikes. Some bloke decides to make "big bucks", imports a container or two, somehow (and I mean SOMEHOW) he manages to sell them to some peasants and then he's never heard from again. And then we have "Chinese bikes reputation"...

Unfortunately, in our part of the world (I mean mine and Zorge's), there is no market for "sustainable" import/trade. At least not yet. It's second-hand-imports-driven both for cars and bikes.

5. #35 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    I am still tickled by the Yamasaki Redneck.

The Russian are selling these and all are only 50cc? They sell an entire line of 50cc Yamasaki.
    http://yamasakimotor.ru/catalog.html

6. #36 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Unfortunately, in our part of the world (I mean mine and Zorge's), there is no market for "sustainable" import/trade. At least not yet. It's second-hand-imports-driven both for cars and bikes.
    When you write about the "sustainability of the market", can you figure out how Macedonian company "Hamachi", in the market with two million and change people, constantly improves their offer, while in Bulgaria and Serbia, both of the markets of the seven million and change people, even C-motos are sold bad in last 4-5 years, so that the local importers barely surviving?

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The Russian are selling these and all are only 50cc?
    As far as I'm familiar with Russian laws, for 50 cc mopeds/mokicks (for now) you don't need a license plate or any category of driving license. And then there's the trick with these horizontal engines - bigger displacements can not be easily identified with bare eye. Therefore, almost all the horizontals in documents in Russia are "50 cc". Plus, market for, so to speak, small displacement non-scooters, is huge. If we take into account that virtually all former Soviet moped manufacturers went into oblivion - http://www.scooterdigest.ru/pub.asp?id=5205&tid=1 , should not be surprising that there can be sold virtually every model of small displacement twowheelers.
    Last edited by Zorge; 04-04-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #37 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    That flushed out a bit of unwanted cyber activity, off the Russian hosting site.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-04-2013 at 10:21 PM.

8. #38 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    When you write about the "sustainability of the market", can you figure out how Macedonian company "Hamachi", in the market with two million and change people, constantly improves their offer, while in Bulgaria and Serbia, both of the markets of the seven million and change people, even C-motos are sold bad in last 4-5 years, so that the local importers barely surviving?
    If I'd have to guess, one, motorcycles are not the only or at least not the main business of Hamachi, and two, the guys are not greedy and can actually look further than 3-6 months ahead.

9. #39 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    They sell hydroxyl conversion systems?
    Last edited by MJH; 04-06-2013 at 03:49 AM.

10. #40 Re: New SkyTeam ST250 V-Raptor owner 
    Hamachi is diversified and also likely well financed, as to how well they are doing you really cannot see that, they website are well done, but that does not mean that much.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-06-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast