Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Anyone been at the Ducati Caffee Shanghai yet?
    http://ducaticafeshanghai.com

2. #2 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Yeah i used to walk past it every day when i was giving tours of shanghai. Nothing special about that place, it's just an expensive coffee shop that sells ducati merchandise. No atmosphere, never any customers.

It's only worth going to to see the building it's in. An old disused slaughterhouse called 1933, stunning place.

Attached Images

3. #3 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Nothing special about that place, it's just an expensive coffee shop that sells ducati merchandise. No atmosphere, never any customers.
    G'Day,

Spot on, nothing special and in a real awful location, was in the area the other week and took some pics.
    Ferrari Shanghai Club, Formula Pilota Lounge & Ferrari Merchandise Shop just next door and somehow got the feeling they belong to the same owner / management.......
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    it's changed a bit, new GM, auto shows on all tvs, they just had their 1 year anniversary party and debuted 2 new Ducati bikes, much better than how it was last year!

5. #5 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyflorez View Post
    it's changed a bit, new GM, auto shows on all tvs, they just had their 1 year anniversary party and debuted 2 new Ducati bikes, much better than how it was last year!
    mate, even the 1st. year anniversary party was boring (watching paint dry on a wall is more exiting), yes, attended the anniversary party and the DC is in a shitty location...... new Duc's, nope, just ugly looking bikes in flat green and a Diavel AMG......

6. #6 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    damn, have another glass of haterade, i had a great time meeting people, seeing bikes and eating and drinking, all complimentary. if you find a location with paint drying on the walls and they have bikes, cool people and free food and drinks, let me know, thanks!

7. #7 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyflorez View Post
    damn, have another glass of haterade, i had a great time meeting people, seeing bikes and eating and drinking, all complimentary. if you find a location with paint drying on the walls and they have bikes, cool people and free food and drinks, let me know, thanks!
    mate, don't get me started on imported food + beverage products, bikes, people and great venues...... your barking up the wrong tree....... the Shanghai Ducati Caffee is a very boring venue -over and out-.... yes, I ride a Ducati in China... do I visit the Ducati Caffee.... hell no, what the f#ck for....!!!!!!!!!!!

8. #8 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I do wish they could move the place downtown! Couldn't they find someplace near the showroom? I've been to that section of Hongkou maybe three times in my 9 years in Shanghai!

Is this the place where the posse of Taiwanese Ducati riders hangs out? Pillion and I rode briefly with a welter of Ducatis, most of them unruly squids, during the ride back from Moganshan two weeks ago. I do like the idea of a regular biker dive somewhere in town. Say, Motokai, what's the new place you were telling me about near Zhongshan Park? That could be a winner!

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    4 hours of happiness can't be all bad

10. #10 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Say, Motokai, what's the new place you were telling me about near Zhongshan Park?
    yeah, spill the news about a decent biker bar..... old Harley's - Bar on Hongqiao Road (Shekan Hotel) was a real classic biker bar in the old days......

Couldn't they find someplace near the showroom?

Ducati Caffee and Ducati China have nothing to do with each other, different owners - the DC owner has a few bikes and cars.......

Is this the place where the posse of Taiwanese Ducati riders hangs out?
    During the DC anniversary party they sort of launched DOGS = Ducati Owners Group Shanghai but you never see Ducati's riding around, very strange........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast