Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    The fact that the Ducati Caffe and Ducati China are unrelated tells you something about their (ineffective) marketing. Say what you will about Harley-Davidson bikes, they definitely have their marketing act together in China -- streets ahead of Ducati. Organizing riders is essential to H-D's success.

Wonder if the Ducati Caffe even has a license to use the brand?

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #12 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    The fact that the Ducati Caffe and Ducati China are unrelated tells you something about their (ineffective) marketing. Say what you will about Harley-Davidson bikes, they definitely have their marketing act together in China -- streets ahead of Ducati. Organizing riders is essential to H-D's success.

Wonder if the Ducati Caffe even has a license to use the brand?

DC Shanghai is official.....

DC owner is heavily involved with HOG Shanghai as well. Correct, HD China has the right formula and they are selling HD's like hot cakes......
    Amazing how may HD's go down and up the HuQingPing Highway every weekend.

3. #13 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Everyone.
    I thought this might be a good chance to introduce myself and Ducati Caffe Shanghai. After 7 years in the Food & Beverage Industry in Shanghai, Im realistic enough to know that we cant please every customer, every time. But we work hard to make it the best we can.

We "re-invented" Ducati Caffe around early March. Since then we've introduced:

New Menu's with Lunch and Dinner sets

A pretty good Beer list (Heineken, Corona, Erdinger, Hoegarden, Murphy's, Tsing Tao)

Indoor/Outdoor giant video screens showing F1, MotoGP, Superbikes and Discovery Turbo in High Definition (and in English)

We're excited to stock a range of Schuberth helmets and Soubirac Leathers, Pants and Gloves from David at Adrenaline

Great Air Conditioning and we made inside Non smoking

In the 4 months since i arrived, we've also established the first Ducati Owners Group in China. As we speak, our application is pending to have DOG Shanghai incorporated into the pretigious Ducati Desmo Club worldwide

We organised an innaugural ride to SZ ( a joint effort form Ducati Italy, Ducati China and Ducati Caffe) on July 7th this year
    with a ceremony (well..party really) to welcome our first 30 or so Members

And we are almost finished restoring and customizing our beat up lDucati Monster as a tribute to Marco Simoncelli. (due to be finished early August)
    So, as you can see..we have been a little busy.

As some of you would know, our Owner Vick Rana divides his rides between his precious Harley, and his equally precious Ducati.
    As far as Ducati Caffe is concerned, its's not about what bike you ride. But that you enjoy the ride.

Please feel free to contact me personally on 186 2182 2172 the next time you're in the Hongkou area, We'll send you a Bike Parking permit so you can park right outside our doors, and try our best to make sure you enjoy our Venue

Cheers..and safe riding
    Ged Cuff
    General Manager. Ducati Caffe Shanghai
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ged@DucatiCaffe; 07-18-2012 at 08:25 AM.

4. #14 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    A few shots of our first DOG ride. More shots to be posted in our brand new website. (due August)
    Ged

DOG 2.jpgDOG 1.jpgDOG4.jpgDOG5.jpgDOG 3.jpg

5. #15 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Dear Ged,

Great posts, and thanks for your warm welcome and great positive attitude. Some of us have been looking for an excuse to come out and have a look, and your friendly invitation is just the ticket.

If you've spent much time in MCM, you'll know we have a tradition of (No-)Bike Nights, where in the interest of social lubrication with adult beverages we leave our steeds at home. So while convenient motorcycle parking is nice, convenient metro stops are also a huge plus. What stops serve Ducati Caffe Shanghai?

What would you be willing to do to make Ducati Caffe the official venue of MyChinaMoto (No-)Bike Night?

Oh, and since you raised the subject, your beer list is actually subpar. Big least-common-denominator corporate brands all, and nothing with real appeal. How about some of the big flavorful American craft beers (North Coast Acme or Red Seal, Rogue Amber or Dead Guy) that are now distributed in China, or Brewdog (Punk IPA, 5 a.m. Saint, Hardcore IPA) from Scotland, or any of a gazillion lovely Belgian tipples? Just because we ride motorcycles doesn't mean we can't be beer snobs! Join us at our regular haunts -- Jackie's Beer Nest, Kaiba (I, II or III), Boxing Cat, etc -- and you'll know what I'm talking about.

It looks like your
    website is still under construction, but it does list your contacts, which I include here for all:

DUCATI CAFE 109
    1933 SHANGHAI, 611 LI YANG ROAD.
    SHANGHAI , PRC
    溧阳路611号1933 老场房109单元
    +86 021 6563 1719
    info@ducaticaffesh.com

I'm looking forward to making my first visit this weekend (which is forecast to be a 36C scorcher). Anyone care to join me???

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai

6. #16 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Euphonius
    What a great idea. We would be proud to be the official "No Bike Nite" venue.

Hailun Lu (line 4 line 10) is our closest subway stop. Then follow the signs to "Shanghai 1933"

I have posted my personal phone contact here too. Call me if you get lost and i can "talk you in"

This weekend is a perfect time to visit. Especially as we will have the Qualifying and Main Race of the German F1 Grand Prix here on Saturday and Sunday respectively (from 8pm)

Thanks for the craft beer suggestions. I tried d a Spanish (or was it Portugese?) beer called "Super Bock" recently. Have you tried it

Our beer list isnt so exciting in comparison, but it covers the tastes of many..laugh

Look forward to meeting yourself and many MCM members in the future.

Cheers

Ged

7. #17 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Love the photo of the Chinese babes totally enthralled in I guess they were watching the moto sports on the big screen.

Euphonius what are you going to do if you come to XJ you will have a wide choice of beers so long as they're made in XJ.They do taste good though especially with a kabab.I like the beer they added honey with.It's in a small green 10 litre keg if anyone cares to partake of this ale.

8. #18 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ged@DucatiCaffe View Post
    This weekend is a perfect time to visit. Especially as we will have the Qualifying and Main Race of the German F1 Grand Prix here on Saturday and Sunday respectively (from 8pm)
    I'm in.
    And feel free to offer euphonius a job as Ducati Cafe Beer Consultant. I'm sure he can find time when he's not in Chongqing working as the Jialing consultant (actually I think he's still waiting for that gig to come thru! )

Okay - who's going to put the announcement on the official MCM (No-)Bike Night in Shanghai thread?
    All right, I'll nominate myself.

9. #19 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Love the photo of the Chinese babes totally enthralled in I guess they were watching the moto sports on the big screen.

Euphonius what are you going to do if you come to XJ you will have a wide choice of beers so long as they're made in XJ.They do taste good though especially with a kabab.I like the beer they added honey with.It's in a small green 10 litre keg if anyone cares to partake of this ale.
    When it comes to lamb kebabs, especially in XJ, any beer on the planet is good as long as it's really cold. Did you know the hipsters here in Shanghai are starting to take a shine to that XJ mead or whatever it is. Not a bad tipple at all, if it's really cold and there are skewers nearby.

I'm a beer snob, but I'm ever more of a kebab snob!

jkp
    Shanghai

10. #20 Re: Ducati Caffee Shanghai 
    kebabs 101.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    When it comes to lamb kebabs, especially in XJ, any beer on the planet is good as long as it's really cold. Did you know the hipsters here in Shanghai are starting to take a shine to that XJ mead or whatever it is. Not a bad tipple at all, if it's really cold and there are skewers nearby.

I'm a beer snob, but I'm ever more of a kebab snob!

Kababs 3 rmb,Xinjiang long neck beer 3 rmb, naan 3 rmb , smokes 7rmb and salad can't remember but boy is it HOT

Eat your heart out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast