Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Qlink XF200 44 tooth rear sprocket. 
    i just had the 44 tooth rear sprocket installed on my qlink xf200.

i have had it on for a week or so and have determined it is awesome.

i have more fun on the bike than ever. i even sometimes forget i am in 4th gear now.

just one more option that my dealership is providing to us.

they offer these options to have installed now when purchasing or when upgrading.

1. 16 tooth front sprocket

2. 44 tooth rear sprocket

3. true slip on (less than 5 minutes to install) pipe

tell me this chinese motorcycle is not popular!!!

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I wish they offered the option of shipping those items to Europe. I would get the pipe and the 44 tooth sprocket, but even on their contact page, they don't acknowledge that the rest of the world exists.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I've found the OEM numbers for alternative rear sprockets that will fit. They're for a Suzuki TS125ER and the part numbers are:

64511-48730----428 chain----42 teeth
    64511-48700----428 chain----44 teeth
    64511-48720----428 chain----45 teeth

Now, if you could convince your friendly dealer (JP Motorsports) to ship one of their pipes to me... If they have any business acumen they would see that, as contributors to various forums, this would be a fair measure of advertising for that product and should increase their sales. For example, I can recommend it to the Spanish importer, with whom I enjoy some measure of friendship.

I'm convinced that the fitting of that pipe together with the removal of the Air injection system would, by eliminating the built-in oxidation catalyser inside the muffler, bring the power output of my bike up to about 18 bhp from 15.4 at the moment. It doesn't sound much, but is nearly a 20% improvement. I suspect that a carburettor swap to the BST31 (from our BST28) used on the Suzuki DR200 would bring our output to the 20 bhp level the Suzuki enjoys.

It would be quite simple: I give them my credit card number, they clear the payment, including shipping, and they hand it over to those nice chaps at UPS...
    Last edited by forchetto; 08-23-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

i will be happy to ask them about it. i wonder if you have access to money orders or travelers checks? i would recommend sending them one of those.

they will be able to cash it with money in hand. i don't know the details but they have been burned more than once by international credit card fraud.

i agree it would open them up to more business and all. i know they have a thriving ebay store so they are not new to global commerce. my feelings are that is where they have had problems with hooligans. they are just a single shop dealership not a chain that can swallow losses like that.

i have contacted the dealership and will relay their response!!!

forchetto,

well i guess i argued your points well enough for them to consider getting one out to you. your persistence is paying off!!!

they said to have you email them. i did mention your offer to connect them with your importer contact. hopefully it will pan out for everyone.

glad to see you have found alternate places for sprockets. i have heard of that bike but was unable to confirm that the sprockets fit.

either way it is great to have one that definetly fits as it is made specifically for this machine. at least for american buyers!!!

i wonder how the 42 tooth one werks? if it is ok with the 16 tooth front sprocket? maybe i will go to that once i get this 44 tooth worn out!!!

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Great. Thanks. I'll contact them mentioning your name and arrange whatever method of payment they prefer.

Now that we know those Suzuki sprockets will fit, we can do searches for other sources of supply and come up with a NYLON (!) one, like this 43 tooth:

It's on scam-bay item number 180130858112
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

wat in the sam hill? i know some forms of plastic are stronger than steal but give me a break!!!

8. #8 Nylon sprockets 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I've been looking into this and find manufacturers claim the following as advantages:

* Reduced wear on chain
    * No lubrication required
    * Corrosion and chemical resistance
    * Lightweight – low inertia forces and easy to handle and fit

Sounds good. However, out there in the real world the consensus is that they don't last long...
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

i would say that does sound good. with this particular motor and power it would be fantastic if we could get something to increase the power.

this will be something i will let others try first!!! but i am very interested in if it is reliable.

when i upgrade my chain i will be going with the sidewinder "smart chain". they offer a line of sprockets that are guaranteed to never wear out. i emailed them to see if they would make a sprocket for this bike and they never replied. i never followed up but i did not feel i needed to.

http://sidewindersprockets.com/

but i did put an older version on my quad before it was stolen a few years back. so i guess i can plug them!!! i was happy with that.

anyway jp made it easy. so i just went with them. i just had to wait till they actually had them manufactured.

i honestly was not in a rush to do the rear for fear of power loss but i am so happy i did it.

10. #10 REAR SPROCKET 
    HI, I HAVE A 2006 XF200 AND I JUST ORDERED PART #64511-48730 42 TOOTH ,AND IT THE INSIDE DIAMETER IS TOO LARGE. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE RIGHT PART NUMBERS? KURT
    Last edited by kurt10464; 12-06-2008 at 04:11 AM. Reason: DID NOT INCLUDE BIKE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast