Hello all!
I have an issue with my new Dong Fang DF250CHA (250 cc engine, wet clutch manual transmission)chopper concerning the gears. I can shift from Neatral to First, and advance all the way up to the last gear with no problems, but when I downshift I can step down all the way to first gear but can't go to neautral! I tried moving from Second to Neautral, then First to Neautral, but no luck! I can kill the engine and then go from first to Neautral and I can sometimes (dead engine) go from second to neautral, but thats tricky. Perhaps because I am a new rider it is just me and a lack of experience or "feel". I changed the oil when I first uncrated it (Brand NEW!!) a few days ago, and I used oil that was listed for wet clutch motorcycles. I filled the engine oil compartment to the full level but did not do anything on the clutch side.

1) Is the clutch using the engine oil to keep it lubed/cool?

2) Is there a point where it all has to wear/break in a little? I only have about 6 miles on it so far! (Brand new)

3) Is this just me from my lack of touch/experience? I am new to motorcycles and I have NEVER driven one until now! It COULD be me!!! I HOPE it is!!!!!!! I sure hope my bike is not having issues!

4) is there something I need to adjust? I looked inside the clutch compartment by removing the threaded plug on the shift side, but didn't see a liquid level. The parts I could see looked wet and shiny, so MAYBE thats good? They have a cover on the side of the case that has four screws. i didn't remove those and look in, but I figured I would consult here first because I wouldn't know what the level should be OR what to put if it was low!

Thanks for your advice in advance,
Chuck!!!