Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Full house at Joy Motorcycles today, Victory bike by the dozens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Motorcycles
    Attached Images

2. #12 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Looks like we are going to see BIMOTA bikes soon, pic taken this morning outside Joy Motorcycles...........
    Attached Images

3. #13 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Interesting. Google for "bimota 上海" and you'll see some buzz in the chinese forums.

Bimota's site is only in Italian, but they seem to have a nice range of bikes. What makes me think the first thing they'll import is a crotchrocket?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #14 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    ... and the 2 KTM 990 ADV ??? loved them! but did not like the price at all! 200k rmb! ouch!!!

5. #15 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaunedoe View Post
    ... and the 2 KTM 990 ADV ??? loved them! but did not like the price at all! 200k rmb! ouch!!!
    Jimmy offered me a KTM 990 adv Dakar edition for 260,000rmb!!! And the standard model for 240,000rmb!!!! The SMT is 260,000rmb loaded with gear....

6. #16 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Anyone interested in URAL -2wd- sidecar bikes? Jimmy has some on the shop floor......

7. #17 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    Banned
    Kodlin Choppers http://www.kodlin.com now for sale at Joy Motor Shanghai.

more Kodlin Chopper launch pics: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...Choppers-China
    Attached Images

8. #18 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Spent a good 20 minutes chatting with Jimmy yesterday too. He was actually very accommodating, answering my questions about import taxes and duties (69% markup on an imported bike, plus 30,000 in "fees"). He claims that he can get any bike you want these days and the lineup of bikes in his shop seemed to support him: BMW F800GS, Duke 990 (beautiful!), R6 and the star attraction of the day a brand spanking new 1198 I saw being unboxed out front before its happy new owner. Said owner then raced it up and down Huaxiang Lu with a Lamborghini and a BMW in dire need of a new muffler . Surreal. Jimmy again said that he is now fully legitimate, providing 100% legal bikes. I guess he is doing this quite successfully as the shop had quite a few people there while I was wandering around. I got to sit on the bike TB has the photo of on the top left. Very uncomfortable for my 6' frame.

There is another shop on the same road in between Joy Motors and TP China. I have no idea if it is connected to either but there was a large selection of Yamahas, Ducattis, and Hondas for sale. A brand new NC700 was listed at 78000 and a 2011 CBR250 was 38000. Very tempting but I have no idea if they were legit. A new NC700 in Canada is 8799-8999. Too good to be true? Most likely.

Further down is a shop doing intensive custom work on jeeps. I thought modifying motor vehicles in China was very illegal? Apparently not on Huaxiang Lu, though perhaps these are for track use only. I don't believe that either.

9. #19 Re: Joy Motor (Motorcyles Shanghai) 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Jimmy again said that he is now fully legitimate, providing 100% legal bikes.
    Yeah, he has come a long way but buyers might have a problem and challenge with warranty and service work......

There is another shop on the same road in between Joy Motors and TP China. I have no idea if it is connected to either but there was a large selection of Yamahas, Ducattis, and Hondas for sale. A brand new NC700 was listed at 78000 and a 2011 CBR250 was 38000. Very tempting but I have no idea if they were legit. A new NC700 in Canada is 8799-8999. Too good to be true? Most likely.
    There are two other bike shops between JM and TP and buyers beware, 'nuff said.
    A few new bike shops coming up next year in that area.

Further down is a shop doing intensive custom work on jeeps. I thought modifying motor vehicles in China was very illegal? Apparently not on Huaxiang Lu, though perhaps these are for track use only. I don't believe that either.
    http://www.tojeep.com and they are quite good with modifications.....

10. #20 Re: Joy Motor (Motorctycles Shanghai) 
    Banned
    New shipment of nice bikes arrived.... before you ask - did not enquire about pricing....
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12