Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 frenchman in Crimea( Ukraine ) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello folks
    I just registered but I have regular looking before on this forum...
    I buy last month a 125 YBR Yamaha, for my wife, and last week a suzuki clone, with a 300cc engine, off road model...The basis of the engine is GN or GZ model of suzuki, but with bore of 78mm, same stroke than original 61.2mm.
    Good quality engine, for the others parts, I'm not so enthousiast...But I knew what I buy and for another way, I'm little difficult to be satisfied because in France, I rode a 650 XRR and a Harley Springer, vintage look.
    Now another life, a wife, 3 dogs, 2 cats, building a wooden house alone, so I am on a budget, and living in the mountain, close to the sea, I don't need a bunch of HP...
    Chinese motos are close to my needs and I can do tuning with no fear. I'm close to the Forchetto thinking...
    If I can I'll send pictures of the 300cc bike
    Jmarc
    Attached Images

2. #2 Asiawing Motorcycles 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Hello Jmarc and welcome. Yet another Chinese maker nobody seems to have heard about
    This one (Asiawing Motors 2008) is very interesting as lot of folk are eagerly waiting for the Chinese to make larger bikes than the usual 125, 200, 250, etc.
    There's the Jialing JH600 but very few people have seen one of those...
    This maker, however, has, or claims it has, street versions up to 500 cc and Dirt bikes up to 450 cc.
    People, take a look at this site and see what you think, and what are the possibilities of someone importing them. The website is the usual crap we've come to expect from Chinese manufacturers, sod all information and poor photos (127px × 95px...) that clarify nothing...Among 1.3 billion people, don't they have anyone able to produce a decent website?. Even I, with the intelligence of a dung beetle and the grace and elegance of a 2-ton Walrus, I could, with the help of Microsoft's Front Page, do better... Surely a manufacturer that claims to make 45 types of motorcycle could organize a few Mb of web space and a 15-year old High school kid to make a site worth looking at.
    Apologies if I sound bitter and vitriolic but, I feel very strongly about companies that, with the Internet being virtually the only window to the world that they have, waste the oportunity and hand over the making of this important outlet for their products to some incompetent nerd.

http://www.asiawing.com/index.html

Here's a picture of the street 500, sorry about the photo, but it's the best they've got. My 6-year old niece can do better than that...:

Last edited by forchetto; 09-03-2008 at 07:13 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    Hello Forchetto,
    I saw in the shop where I buy my 300cc the road model of 500cc, modernlook frame, but ugly and heavy design, I just plan to buy an engine by the future, the chinese sold it (500cc) 1100US dollars, I must see what will be the ukrainian importer price....
    But about the 300cc, it was a big adventure to bring it back home...About 680 kms from Kharkov, where I bought it, from near Sevastopol where I live...More than 24 h travel, 3 h and 8 kms to push the f.....bike short of benzin, because the reserve in gas tank was too small...Engine overheating a lot, original main jet 128, at home I put 190, just enough, because the exaust is very very free, so very very loud, the first time in my life I want less noise( thinking I'm become old!!!!)
    I plan to give the bike a retro scrambler look, you don't know but my first bike was a Lobito 125 in 1974...And i'm still crazy about Alpina and Sherpa, but impossible to import here, no more than 8 years old bike or car and awfully nasty Customs....That's life...
    Bye JM

4. #4 Asiawing motors 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I've been looking for further details about this maker and it appears to be sited in the same place as Qingqi, in Jinan, Capital of Shandong province. I wonder if they share facilities or components, like that Suzuki GN250 style engine, as Qingqi manufactures Suzuki engines under licence.
    No wonder it was overheating, with a 128 main jet it must have been running really lean. Even my 200cc Qingqi came with a 122.5 Main jet.
    If they're exporting to the Ukraine perhaps they will homologate them for sale in the EU and someone will import them. I quite fancy a 500 single-cylinder road bike.
    If the specs are to be believed, the 500 weighs 167 kg, which is not too bad for a 500, but the power output at 30 kw (about 40 hp) seems a little optimistic for an air-cooled single, in fact Jialing only claim the same output (30kw/6000rpm) for their JH600, but their engine is a sophisticated 4 valve-SOHC, water cooled and fuel-injected.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

JMarc,

Welcome to the list! Your bike looks like a Wonjan who uses the GN250 engine in a couple of their models. Jinan Qingqi can and does manufacture these engines and soon be coming out with a model of their own so I wouldn't be surprised if this engine is sourced from their factory.

Sorry to hear about the stock tiny jet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a whole assembly line of carbs which passed by a worker picking the wrong sized jets from a mis-labeled box. Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted and am looking forward to hearing your experiences/impressions of it as she get more miles on the road.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #6 Asiawing Motors SR300 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Can't find more photos of the 500 model anywhere. If it wasn't for Jmarc's assurance that he saw one in a shop I would swear that the previous photo of it was created with Photoshop or something. It looks like an artists sketch..
    I did manage to find a decent picture of the 300cc road model, named SR300, but, mysteriously, it has no name or markings anywhere. It looks good though:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    Hello
    Yes Forchetto, the picture you post is the real bike I saw in Kharkov importer shop....But of course I forget my photo camera, so no pictures of bikes and my return travel....In the shop they have also the 500cc, that have a rather big oil cooler in front of the engine.
    I don't like the design, too heavy for me, classic frame is best for tuning job, like cafe racer or scrambler.
    If you want to see what the importer has in Kharkov, his internet is www.tornado.kharkov.ua , it's in russian, and click on the tornado logo in the bike section, because they are supposed to be tornado brand...
    They have nice 200cc with aluminium frame, wheels 21 and 18, (on the site 19 and 16) but always the "killer" detail, a very ugly plastic gas tank like crocodile skin....No engine brand but look like suzuki, I hesitate a lot, but finally i choose the cc than aluminium. Quel dommage ! ( in french)
    Today's job is trying to change gas tank, take off ugly plastics, trying in fact to give the poor chinese girl a decent dress....
    See you later JMarc

8. #8 To Cray Carl 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks Carl for your welcome...
    I must say you your internet site is OK, the first time I succeed in posting pictures, I'm best (I believe )in mecanic than in computer...So I'm glad that it works so easily for me.....
    Motorcycle , a way of life, if you survive, you 'll be still young...
    ( not sure of my english) here I only speaks russian...
    Five years ago, when I came in Ukraine on my Springer Harley I was just able to say Da or Niet, but travelling on motorcycle give you people kindess...I meet my future wife, so I wasn't in a hurry to go back, and when I was obliged to go back, cause of Ukrainian Customs for the Harley, It was the beginning of the winter, all was frozen outside town....
    Still young on a bike....And my wife agree that I buy again a big Harley , for me the first time a girl don't scream " what's the hell a new bike, never never never...."
    JMarc

Jmarc,

Sorry I took so long to reply to this thread but I was driving across the US when you made the last post!

I'm happy the site is easy to use for you. Your English is fine and thank you for saying hello! It's true motorcycling expands our minds and keeps us young. It is important to have a wife which supports this but still keeps us from doing too much stupid things!

Hope you are doing well in Ukraine... it must be COOOLD up there now! Stay Warm!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com