Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Dont over fill the gas tank, can you take a picture of the gas cap there are a few ways to ensure that vapor lock can be corrected the best is venting the gas tank
    venting the gas tank= riding the bike until it stalls and then taking the gas cap off and see if it starts then?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

2. #12 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 

3. #13 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Regular
    how would I check the gas cap for a clogged hole? And yes I have done this but the bike still chugs :(
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

4. #14 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    Its hard to say, I can only say for sure that it is a
    likely a rudimentary design.

For example something likely like this design.

5. #15 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Guru
    Why don't you just stick a rag in the place of the cap and ride like that for 10-15 min to test.

6. #16 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Why don't you just stick a rag in the place of the cap and ride like that for 10-15 min to test.
    Well I have ridden the bike with the gas tank open and the problem still occurs
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

7. #17 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Guru
    Well, the next one in the line is carburetor bowl. Is everything there clean and free moving as it should?

8. #18 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Well, the next one in the line is carburetor bowl. Is everything there clean and free moving as it should?
    today I am going to test it by doing what barnone has told me to do, ride the bike until problem comes up, then open the drain screw fully and tunr on engine and see if any gas comes out the runoff hose
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

9. #19 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    Matt if Sunny told you that the engines valve clearances may not be correct then you may want to take that into consideration.

Ask them for instructions on how to set the valves and to what clearances. Check this website for instructions on how to check/adjust the valves on similar push rod engines for comparison.

If they did not set the valve clearances correctly at the factory then running the engine cannot be good for it.

I would get the specs from Sunny and then check the valves, if you do not feel comfortable doing that yourself then find a mechanic, have them check the valves and the carburetor as well. That should be less then $100.00 in most shops.

Think ahead if you address the problem yourself and it is not resolved, they can blame it all on you. If you address the problem with a mechanic and it not resolved you have recourse.

If engines are coming over without the valves adjusted correctly then what else is not adjusted correctly?

10. #20 Re: 250rtc engine/carb problem 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Matt if Sunny told you that the engines valve clearances may not be correct then you may want to take that into consideration.

Ask them for instructions on how to set the valves and to what clearances. Check this website for instructions on how to check/adjust the valves on similar push rod engines for comparison.

If they did not set the valve clearances correctly at the factory then running the engine cannot be good for it.

I would get the specs from Sunny and then check the valves, if you do not feel comfortable doing that yourself then find a mechanic, have them check the valves and the carburetor as well. That should be less then $100.00 in most shops.

Think ahead if you address the problem yourself and it is not resolved, they can blame it all on you. If you address the problem with a mechanic and it not resolved you have recourse.

If engines are coming over without the valves adjusted correctly then what else is not adjusted correctly?
    thanx, already took everything into consideration, got all the tools for the job and a few extra like a compression gauge, will do myself as many mechanics told me they would not work it on because its a chinese bike and if they touch anything it seems the whole bike falls apart, they are being truthful atleast, well I look forward to the fix, will have a how to posted on here with pics of how to do it, I have many bookmarked videos and documents on the subject matter so it should go well
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast