Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob BeijingStreetFighter's Avatar
    Hi There,
    we are a group of motorbike enthusiasts who are building, rebuilding and customizing every kind of motorcycles.
    Mostly the big and bad ones
    We hope to open up the scene in beijing for Streetfighter, Cafe Racer, Custom Bikes and more.
    For sure we also have a shop.
    Visit our website for some more Infos

www.beijing-streetfighter.jimdo.com

If there is anyone who is doing the same or like this kind of bike, contact us and we can get together sometime.
    cheers!!!
    Pat
    Beijing Street Fighters
    call 18611539271

2. #2 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    OK, I'll bite. What makes a bike a "streetfighter"? Sorry for the newb question, but I really have no idea what this word means.

Also, your Chinese name translates quite differently, as "German fighting bike". What does this name signify?

Can these bikes be legally registered in Beijing or elsewhere in China? I remember that Beijing authorities are quite strict, and are known to refuse re-registration for bikes with even minor modifications. Must they not remain stock to stay registered?

Thanks for enlightening me!
    cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Hi there,
    The name "Streetfighter" was created in the 90s in england, after a few guys modified their sportbikes (probably after a crash) to naked/half naked bikes. They modified the parts/bike so that it has a more aggressive look and is unique. over the years the scene in germany and england was growing and more and more custom bikes were called streetfighter. 德国战车 is the chinese name of our group. the meaning is that we have roots in germany and build good bikes. every bike can be modified individually and thats the fun part. since we are building bikes which are not even legal in china as stock version, don't mention the registration part. but in china everything is possible. i m still updating the website everyday, and if you check there are some pics of what kinda bikes i m talking about. this wont enlighten you i guess, but if you need more infos feel free to ask.
    cheers!
    Beijing Street Fighters
    call 18611539271

4. #4 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Sounds and reads like the "underground" bike shops we have around Shanghai and the Tianma Track (dubious motorcycles brought in via grey channels).
    Got a proper shop in Beijing or just as website, I am up in BJ frequently and might come over to check out your shop one day.......

5. #5 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Hi,
    yes we have a shop, show room and a workshop. you are welcome to visit us anytime. since its getting very cold in beijing now we are not doing a lot, kinda freezing. but i have a private winter project sitting in my garage and the shop is open anyway. chinese holidays will be closed.
    BTW. the website is just online since a few days and i'm doing my best to update and upload as much as i can. hope to get some feedback in the guestbook though....
    how is riding in shanghai? what's your ride?
    cheers
    Beijing Street Fighters
    call 18611539271

6. #6 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeijingStreetFighter View Post
    how is riding in shanghai? what's your ride?
    G'Day,

Riding is fine in Shanghai as long we have no rain (really hate getting filthy and dirty during Shanghai rain).
    Ducati Multistrada 1200S Pikes Peak is my big bike bike of choice for rides around greater Shanghai region.

My ongoing Z50 Monkey bike projects -never ending story-:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...50JZ-Supermoto
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...Z-Custom-Bikes

7. #7 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Your shop address details would be very helpful.

8. #8 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Shi Ba Li Dian Nan Qiao , go north 1000m direction to shi li he, opposite of Bus terminal 626
    Beijing Street Fighters
    call 18611539271

9. #9 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    I'm from England, the original home of street-fighters. I now live in China, but I don't want a local Chinese street-fighter because......

-Most of them are old, and the parts are hard to find.
    -Most of the bikes have been crashed and have possibly dangerous things wrong with them such as bent frames.
    -Some of the modifications done to these bike are dangerous, jacking up shock height and tire size to look cool, but negatively effecting handling.
    -Lots of bikes look OK but are often a few different bikes mixed together, badge on the tank or engine is no indication of the bikes true origin.
    -Many of the bikes were stolen in Hong Kong. I've had bikes stolen, bad karma.
    -Most bikes are not road legal and don't have insurance. I worry about the bike being confiscated at any time and possibility of financial ruin if you have an accident.

If you are doing things properly, well done , but generally in China the best advice particularly for new riders is to stay away from these kind of bikes.

10. #10 Re: Motorbike Customs in Beijing!!! 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    generally in China the best advice particularly for new riders is to stay away from these kind of bikes.
    G'Day,

No worries, won't be buying a dodgy SF in China, not a newbie to bikes in PRC, cruising around PRC for a very long time....... currently up in Capital City once again and thought might pop in to check out the BJ SF shop but can't be bothered to be honest...... had a look around the BJ Goldenport Race Circuit the other day and ton's of dodgy bikes (race cars) available, very similar to the Shanghai Tianma Circuit bike (race car) shops.