Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Happy New Year

1. #1 Happy New Year 
    Wishing all of you riders a happy New Year, Keep the shiny side up and ride happy ride safe.

This has been a great year for me and after finding these boards a very good learning experience. Thank you all for the shared knowledge, good natured ribbing, and some great stories.

Here's to a 2012 that sees prosperity, good health, and very lil mechanical issues. May your roads be smooth, your trails be conquerable and the skies clear and clean. Happy New years Everyone!!!!
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #2 Re: Happy New Year 
    Thank you so much for the nice greetings! I will join in and send a "happy New Year" to all of you.
    I count the days until our riding season is open again. mostly it is close to the 1st week in Februrary. now it`s very cold in Beijing but mostly dry. I would ride now, but we are out of bikes. one is with Jim for big maintenance and the other has a bad battery and we are waiting for replacement, delivered from Germany.
    so, this question is answered: you never have enough bikes!
    Cheers!
    Sabine

3. #3 Re: Happy New Year 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Chiming in from Shanghai with New Years greetings to all Chinabikers, would-be Chinabikers, has-been Chinabikers and anyone else too!

It's pretty cold here in the endless city, but the sun was shining so I took my Jialing -- yes, my JH600, bless her EFI heart, she's all I have -- for an easy spin out the Huqingping highway to Dianshanhu, and back in via the Beiqing highway. A bit north of 100km of urban, semi-urban, exurban and almost rural riding, and even saw a guy in waders harvesting lotus roots; he looked way colder than me, up to his chest in a freezing pond! I had only two stalls, neither in a compromising situation, but that's about par for my bike. Felt great to shake out the cobwebs, and didn't feel the cold at all, except in my fingertips.

The days already are getting longer (in this northern hemisphere anyway), so surely it can't get any colder. Better days are coming!

Happy New Year to all and ride safe in 2012!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Happy New Year 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Wishing all of you riders a happy New Year, Keep the shiny side up and ride happy ride safe.

This has been a great year for me and after finding these boards a very good learning experience. Thank you all for the shared knowledge, good natured ribbing, and some great stories.

Here's to a 2012 that sees prosperity, good health, and very lil mechanical issues. May your roads be smooth, your trails be conquerable and the skies clear and clean. Happy New years Everyone!!!!

I too am grateful for Gardo and this board. SO MUCH good information...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com