Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    How do you issue a C1E or C1D drivers license from Shenzhen? Motorcycles and sidecars have been banned for years.
    Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Good evening ChinaV.

We're talking about a CHINA license.
    ShenZhen provides no driver's licenses only for ShenZhen.
    They can and will not stop you to drive/ride somewhere else where it is allowed.

I can have in a non smoking area cigarettes in my pocket.
    I can smoke outside or anywhere else where it is allowed.

Greetings Torsten.
    more respect,less attacks - ZhongDe

2. #12 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckleben View Post
    Good evening ChinaV.

We're talking about a CHINA license.
    ShenZhen provides no driver's licenses only for ShenZhen.
    They can and will not stop you to drive/ride somewhere else where it is allowed.

I can have in a non smoking area cigarettes in my pocket.
    I can smoke outside or anywhere else where it is allowed.

Greetings Torsten.
    Greetings Torsten,

You have ignored the point. No shit we're talking about a China drivers license. A China car drivers licence is not the same as a China motorcycle license. Since this is a Chinese Motorcycle Forum, we are only interested in CHINESE MOTORCYCLE LICENSES with a C1E or C1D Endorsement. We don't give a shit if they come from Tibet, Hainan or Shenzhen. Please provide photographic proof of the SHENZEN ISSUED CHINESE MOTORCYCLE LICENSE with a C1E or C1D Endorsement.

Thanks
    ChinaV

3. #13 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    Hi ChinaV.

I think we have here a little misunderstanding.

Greetings Torsten,

You have ignored the point. No shit we're talking about a China drivers license.
    I ignored nothing,we are talking about a China Driving License.

A China car drivers licence is not the same as a China motorcycle license.
    I know,thanks! ;-) I never talked about a Car License,I only talked about a China Driving License,a China Motorcycle License simply doesn't exist.

Since this is a Chinese Motorcycle Forum, we are only interested in CHINESE MOTORCYCLE LICENSES with a C1E or C1D Endorsement.
    Wrong,you are interested in CHINA DRIVING LICENSES with a C1E or C1D Endorsement.

We don't give a shit if they come from Tibet, Hainan or Shenzhen.
    Uff...good news.

Please provide photographic proof of the SHENZEN ISSUED CHINESE MOTORCYCLE LICENSE with a C1E or C1D Endorsement.
    I can not,what I can do is upload a China Driving License with a C1E or C1D Endorsement.

Brice (the first post) wrote :

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Nearly 5 years ago I got my chinese driver license (a real one, car and motorcycle) in Shanghai.
    That's what I am talking about the whole time,a renewal of a China Driving License / Class C1 for passengers Cars and Class E for Motorcycles (C1E)

There is no China Motorcycle License,only a China Driving License with different Classes,here C1 and E.

Look on your driver's license: Driving License of the People's Republic of China

At the End we are talking about the same,the different is that I know what I am talking about and you not.

Perhabs you get confused because of the linked License is a C1 only,ok my mistake.

Today I am in Macau,but after the weekend I will upload a renewed China Driving License / Classes C1 and E

Thanks
    ChinaV
    My pleasure!

Greetings Torsten

4. #14 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    Torsten.

1. The Gong An say only apply for a driving license with them, other agents and companies can be scams or provide illegitimate licenses, so why take the chance?
    2. How can a 'Chinese driving license with car and motorcycle entitlement' be issued in a city which has a ban on motorcycles?
    3. Of course in China anything can be done with the right connections. That means your Shenzhen license may look real and pass basic scrutiny, but if there is an accident and the license is properly checked how can we know that it's going to be real? The license could be outright fake, could be issued by a real Gong An but not all the paperwork and computer entry has been done, or is real but if the Gong An Officer who has been cutting corners and providing 'back-door' licenses is caught then your license would become illegal.

5. #15 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    Hi ZMC888

Your post could be mine,8 years ago.

I have done that homework,8 years ago.

But I had all that thoughts and doubts before obtaining my first License in China,not for a simple renewal of an already existing legal license,THAT is the topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    1. The Gong An say only apply for a driving license with them, other agents and companies can be scams or provide illegitimate licenses
    That is his job to say that and it is ok for me,he will say the same about chinese visa renewals.

Hong kong is full of visa agencies and foreigners go in there to renew/extend their Chinese Visa as if they buy a pound of butter.

Here we are talking about a simple renewal of an already existing legal driving License and everyone thinks it would be a great business to offer for an existing legal license a new illegal?

What is that for a funny idea? Are you all running businesses like that? To renew a License legally is not as raise the titanic.

so why take the chance?
    Many reasons for,some I listed already in my first post.

The main reason is simply that they don't know how to do and can and will not spend time on that to find out.The way we offer to renew a License is simply a service and is used by many foreigners and Chinese people because it's easy.

They just put money on the table,send us the required documents and after 5 working days they have the new legal license in the mailbox.

2. How can a 'Chinese driving license with car and motorcycle entitlement' be issued in a city which has a ban on motorcycles?
    I answered that question already: We are talking about a renewal of an already existing license with Class C1 and E or D,they can not cancel your existing class E or D.

We also renew Licenses with Class C1 and E in GuangZhou,you will ask the same about this City,right?

That means your Shenzhen license may look real and pass basic scrutiny, but if there is an accident and the license is properly checked how can we know that it's going to be real?The license could be outright fake, could be issued by a real Gong An but not all the paperwork and computer entry has been done, or is real but if the Gong An Officer who has been cutting corners and providing 'back-door' licenses is caught then your license would become illegal.
    Like I said,I have done my homework 8 years ago.Because of me and my doubts about Driving Living Agencies we started about 7 years ago.

I am a Foreigner (German) in China,my family is here,our businesses are here and all our properties are here.

I can not afford to drive around with a license that is only good to show arround in a beer bar.For me everything has to be 100% and unassailable.

"Our" Licenses are in the Traffic Police database and can be checked in whole China,click here

We are doing that business for about 7 Years and we passed every additional check,such as done by the legal departments of our customer Audi,Porsche,Benz,Volkswagen Shanghai,Bosch,MTU,Huawei,and and.

You are not talking to a little agency whith a prepaid phonecard and a rented office on a vegatable market,just want to take your deposit and never seen again.

I will tell you a little story:

A Couple of days ago I saw in NanLang/ZhongShan a Motorcycle. BMW 100 RS,that was a big surprise for me,between all the 125 ccm red scooters.

Before I am going to buy that motorcycle I wanted to find some recommendations on a good mechanic to fix all.

I found that discussion board here and saw the "License renewal post".

I just dropped some lines for help and now the whole story is going to keep me busy for nothing.

C1E licenses are too rare,I am not hunting here.

To keep my promise: Here are,in ShenZhen and GuangZhou,renewed China Driving Licenses Class C1 and E

Take care! - Torsten -

6. #16 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Goodness, this has become one of the most tortured threads in memory!

I am pleased to see it established that Guangzhou will renew a valid C1D or C1E license despite the ban on motorcycles in that city, even though this "grandfathering" demonstrates the huge illogic and lack of thorough, systematic thinking on the part of the vehicle management authorities.

Torsten, can you answer another simple question:

Is it possible (with or without your company's services) to apply for and receive a new C1D or C1E license in Guangzhou or other cities that ban motorcycles? Or will they simply refuse on the grounds that motorcycles are not allowed? What if a Guangzhou resident wishes to ride a motorcycle legally in another part of China, or perhaps another country, where motorcycles are legal?

Thanks!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #17 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    You will probably have to transfer your file from Shanghai. The Che Guan Suo where you are now should be able to do that for you. You will need proof of residency locally from the Pai qu suo and then all the bits and pieces of paper and piccies required.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Happy New Year! All the very best in 2012 for the MCM members.

Nearly 5 years ago I got my chinese driver license (a real one, car and motorcycle) in Shanghai. It will expired in few months. I'm no longer in Shanghai but in GuangDong province.

Do you have experience about renewing your license?

Brice

8. #18 Re: How to renew my soon to be expired chinese driver license 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I think Jonsims is right, Brice. Now that you've moved to Guangdong from Shanghai, it will be very interesting to see whether indeed you can "transfer" your license to your new city. In the past this was not possible. I moved to Shanghai from Beijing in 2003, and was given only one course of action: Cancel my Beijing license and apply from scratch in Shanghai. There were no provisions for transfer, and I was told that Shanghai would refuse to accept my new application UNLESS my Beijing license had been canceled and purged from the national license registry.

I hope things have progressed from that primitive state of affairs.

Brice, is the city where you now reside "dry" or does it still permit motorcycles? If the latter, you may find it all goes smoothly. Otherwise, you may be better off seeing if you can get your Shanghai license renewed, even though you no longer reside there. Whether this works would depend on what kind of documentation they require for renewal.

Wishing you luck!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12