Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello guys and girls, new member here.
    Im currently in the process of deciding whether to order a brand new pulse adrenaline or a lexmoto lsm 125.
    Now i know this is going to be my first motorbike so ive been doing alot of homework into research of both these bikes but i can only seem to find good reviews about the pulse adrenaline compared to the lexmoto lsm 125.

When i went into my local dealer to ask about the pulse and have a look and sit on one he was saying that he could do me a deal on the latest lexmoto lsm 125 for the exact same price as the pulse. The salesman told me that the lsm 125 is exactly the same bike running gear except for that it now comes with L.E.D lights and disc brakes all round compared to the pulse's drum brake on the rear and no L.E.D lights.

The guy seems like a genuine and decent guy but he hasnt got the lsm 125 in his shop at the moment. But said he will call me sometime during the week once hes gone to his other shop in dundee to pick it up so i can have a look and sit on it, probably will have had a chance to look at it on this saurday.

After doing all my research im still swayed heavily to the pulse because of all the very good reviews its gotten from many people on this forum and elsewhere, but i think im being a bit of a plonker if i just put my money down for the pulse without having a look at the lsm 125 first, to the other point though ive seen one poster on here say his lsm 125 was already on its second engine within a month of it being purchased from brand new, plus over four oil leaks too.

So do any of you guys here have a pulse adrenaline or a lexmoto lsm 125? Or have got or have had both. Id greatly apreciate it if you could give me some pukka gen on them so i can make a good decision when i go down to the dealer next to put my order in.

Many thanks guys, sorry for the babbling on.
    Essexlad

2. #2 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    there not the same bikes the pulse uses a suzuki based engine and the Lexmoto a yamaha ybr based engine and made by two different manufacturers in china, iv heard a few bad things about teh pulse especially build quality not so much the engine but bodywork your better off getting the Sinnis apache looks very similiar to the pulse but it has more supply of parts and is better built, i know someone who did over 6K miles just in the summer on one no problems at all just a new set of tyres needed

Kennon

3. #3 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    I too have been researching this for months now. I've decided for 2012 I want to get a bike license, and I'm swaying between the Pulse Adrenaline, Sinnis Apache (same bike - different body panels), and the Sinnis Trackstar. I have read page after page of good feedback on the Pulse, but the Lexmoto is nowhere near as popular in the UK, so finding information is more difficult. Anywhere here is what I can tell you:-

Pulse Adrenaline & Sinnis Apache all use a licensed Suzuki 125cc engine built in the same factory as the Suzuki 125cc DR models (I think).
    Pulse Adrenaline has weaker plastics than Sinnis Apache, Pulse plastics are painted and lack flexibility of Sinnis Apache's dyed plastics, which therefore crack the paint under flex.
    Sinnis Apache has a polished alloy swingarm, whereas Pulse Adrenaline is painted black to match frame.
    Pulse & Sinnis are both UK distributors of the Chinese firm Qingqi (aka QLink), and is seen as one of the highest standards of Chinese built bikes, with very high quality control and reliability of Suzuki branded 125cc engines.
    Chinese motorcycle tyres tend to be quite poor in rain and are one of their negative points. Many replace these immediately if they want to use the bike in damp or rain.
    Wiring can often be to a lower standard so make sure to check this. Qingqi bikes also arrive well lubricated and with valves setup correctly, which is often skipped by other inexpensive manufacturers.

The Sinnis website has numerous links to one of the distributor staff's 10000km ride on a Sinnis Apache (EXACT same engine as Pulse Adrenaline - just with different engine and gearbox casing).
    Pulse Adrenaline is based on Suzuki DR125 which is a design Suzuki have been using for two decades. Anyway, thats all I can tell you. Will hopefully be buying one myself this year!

P.S. check out the ADVRider forum for a few inspirational topics for kitting out your bike. Also look for Carl on this forum he seems to be a ChinaMoto Guru.

4. #4 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    welcome chris,
    im going to have to correct you there the pulse is made by a different manufacturer they once used to be qingqi built bikes until a dispute in which they now go to another manufacturer to build there bikes for iv asked around before the fit and finish is not near the quality of the sinnis

5. #5 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi there

I have a 61 reg Lexmoto Lsm 125 and on the owners manual it states that Lexmoto is owned by Pulse.

A friend of mine owns the Adrenaline and it lacks things like rear disk brake, led lights and most annoyingly for him the exhaust isnt stainless steel like the Lexmotos and has rusted badly.
    The plastics on the Lexmoto are also better, they are flexible and not like the hard brittle ones on the Adrenaline that break easily.

The lexmoto Lsm is very nice to ride and starts easily even on frosty mornings.

Ive had no problems with it and it now has 1000km on the clock.

It is a weekend bike for having fun on for me and I look after it well, regularly oil/lubricate everything. I use a silicone spray on everything after riding in the rain or being washed to keep nuts n bolts from rusting and also regularly go round the bike checking nuts and bolts for coming loose ... the odd one has.

I have ridden it on the motorway ... im 15 stone and it sits between 65 and 70mph on the motorway and has hit a maximum of 80mph downhill.

I have a couple of videos on youtube if anybody wants to see it on the road and motorway.

Im 37 years old and I have a full bike licence ... ive had quite a few bikes over the years and my personal opinion would be to buy the Lexmoto over the Adrenaline.

6. #6 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    Pulse and lexmoto neither are manufacturers they simply buy chinese made bikes and rebrand them so it may not be a coincidence that pulse owns the lexmoto brand.

Kennon

7. #7 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    Keep in mind that Sinnis or Pulse might be manufactured by Pioneer. Pioneer is somehow related to Qingqi, but are different as far as distributorships are concerned. It does seem like Sinnis is the better-made bike based solely on threads I have read here on Mychinamoto, since none of these brands is sold in the US, and our Qlink is a 200cc, with no 125 available (Qlink is Qingqi made). I would take Kennon's .advice .with extra weight as he has been a member here for quite awhile.

8. #8 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    thank you Culcune, from conversations with dealerships local to me i've been told pulse once were built by Qingqi but had a dispute when sinnis the UK name for Qingqi arrived as they were the same bike but competiting for the same market so Qingqi stopped supplying Pulse with bikes in turn they had designs to go to another manufacturer in china which the quality lacks that of Qingqi made products.

Kennon

9. #9 Re: Pulse adrenaline vs lexmoto lsm 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The lsm is definately the better bike, but it definately goes down to your preferances and your general tboughts on the bike :)

Ride safe :)