Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    Interesting news:

Isle of Man TT debut for Chinese machine in 2013

A Chinese-made motorcycle will race at the Isle of Man TT for the first time in 2013.

WK Bikes has confirmed plans for the 2013 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy include entering a 650cc twin bike manufactured by Chinese company CF Moto in the Lightweight TT. It will race under UK brand name WK.

Hampshire-based WK Bikes has lined up Australian David Johnson to ride the bike on the final race day of the 2013 TT, June 8.

The Adelaide-based rider, who made his TT debut in 2010, returned to the TT last year having missed the 2011 meeting. He scored top 15 finishes in the Superbike and Superstock races and recorded a fastest lap of 17 minutes 59.45 seconds (125.831mph) around the Mountain course.

The colourful bike was first shown at Motorcycle Live in Birmingham and WK was the first importer to introduce a volume production Chinese motorcycle over 500cc to the UK market.

WK managing director Henry Maplethorpe said:

“We are very excited and proud to be working on the world's first Chinese motorcycle to enter the TT.”

“The race is synonymous not only with thrilling riding, but is also recognised worldwide as providing one of the best platforms to launch and develop motorcycles.”

“Hampshire Motorcycles will be building, developing and running the bike and they have our full support. They are now putting a lot of time and effort into ensuring that the bike will be ready for testing shortly.”

“The bikes are produced for WK Bikes in the UK by CF Moto in China who are also showing great interest in the project and its development.”

Hampshire Motorcycles managing director Dave Tyson added:

“I am so proud that we have been chosen by WK, whom we work closely with through our shop and our BSB supersport team, to be a part of TT history.”

“The bike will be built in-house and with our partners we are sure that we can have a competitive bike ready for the start of the TT. Being part of such an historic moment will be something we can tell people for years to come.”

“In signing Dave Johnson we have someone who I know well and enjoyed a year at BSB Superbike with and he also has good pedigree at the TT.”

Isle of Man Government TT and Motorsport Manager Paul Phillips said:

“The TT is back on the map worldwide and this campaign could well represent the start of a new era in motorcycle racing.”

“We originally introduced the Lightweight race to the TT schedule as it represents an affordable way to go racing and already in only its second year it has become an established part of the TT.”
    Source: http://www.iomtt.com/News/2013/01/10...e-in-2013.aspx
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #2 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    I was thinking about just posting this up, you had me beat Zorge but i'll add a picture and one from my trip to the NEC motorcycle show in November
    WK 650i Isle Of Man TT.jpg
    WK 650i Isle Of Man TT.gifSAM_0010.jpgWK 650i Isle Of Man TT.gif

3. #3 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    I suspect the final race bike will look abit different as everyone upgrades to race spec USD forks and possibly a swingarm swap for a Versys 650 aluminium twin spar one for better ridgidity I can't wait to see how well it will do.

Kennon

4. #4 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    If this is actually their bike with their actual engine, and not some re-badged Kawasaki or something, right that's it, I'm saving up for a CF! I'll be keen to support a company that puts its money where its mouth is and actually goes racing with its own product.

5. #5 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    I suppose that Kawasaki winning the race last year with that same engine in the Light Weight category is just another coincident?

TT Lightweight Lightweight TT Trophy Ryan Farquhar Kawasaki 650 cc 2012 114.155 mph (183.715 km/h)

6. #6 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    Even if it probably is a rebadged something else the fact that WK whoever they are, are willing to spend money on marketing Chinese made middle sized 650cc shows something. Either they are insane or CFMoto are quite good, not sure yet.

7. #7 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    looking at the frame and swingarm i'm happy to say i believe its CFmoto 650NK with just ER-6F/"ninja 650" race fairings put on

8. #8 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    In the US, CFMoto have a good rep, so it seems like they are ready to put their bikes to the test.

9. #9 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well, here's wishing they do well.

Gra.

10. #10 Re: CF Moto's debut on Isle of Man 
    At one point in motorcycleing history an unknown Japanese brand entered a couple of bikes into the Isle of Mann TT and now they are famous.... who was that again.... oh yeah Honda.

I smell another game changer, I am keeping my early production run TR. maybe 20-30 years from now it will be worth something like and early Honda.

probably not but who knows crazier stuff has happened
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast