Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: The new ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The new ride 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well, I went and bought a bike. I have to say I didn't really do a lot of research on the model (EN150J), though I think it is a nice bike. I guess I just got "full pocket fever".
    CIMG1594small.jpg
    I'm sure most of you will understand the significance of my "250" license plate, I just thought it was funny.

I've got some decent leggings but I still need to get some grip covers, because it's COLD out there!

I chose this one because I like Suzuki and it had the basic features I wanted, disk breaks, fuel injection, bags, crash bars, good instruments, etc. The bars around the bags seemed sturdy and would protect the bags and a riders legs in a fall.

CIMG1593small.jpgCIMG1607small.jpg
    The second picture is it in the "Bat cave" underground parking I arranged. I have a nice bar lock and a chain lock so I can also lock it to nearby fixtures, such as trees.

I still need to find some decent tank bags and helmet, but otherwise I just need a little more riding gear and some decent weather and I'll be ready for a ride!

I'll be searching around here for tank bags and a reasonable full face flip-up helmet, but any suggestions are quite welcome!

Oh by the way, I'm living in downtown Dalian now, any of you guys in the area?

-Maux

2. #2 Re: The new ride 
    that is one nice bike, im getting a sort of police motorbike look from it must be nice having storage on a motorbike

kennon

3. #3 Re: The new ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    that is one nice bike, im getting a sort of police motorbike look from it must be nice having storage on a motorbike

kennon
    kennen,
    That was what I was about to say when you beat me to it (Police Bike).
    Maux,
    Looks great.
    Is your nice bike new and did it come with the hard bags, top case, and engine guards from Suzuki?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #4 Re: The new ride 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Congrats on the new bike, Maux!

Also very keen to hear your feedback on the Suzuki EFI. If it works well, this puts Suzuki way ahead of the game as Beijing puts the China3 and soon China4 emissions squeeze on all motorcycle manufacturers.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: The new ride 
    C-Moto Senior
    This is the model that they sell to police officers (or police departments? I know if FLA a mounted officer can opt to buy his own bike). They did spoil some of my fun by taking off some reflective stripes and off course the sirens and light poll.

However the cop model has got some extra switches on the right handset and I would like to check into getting the spare lamp switch hooked up to some extra lights which I intend to "hang" under or sort of "inside" the crash bars. I also have a siren switch that I'm not sure about. I would also really like to get some additional flashing break lights. Does anyone have a lead on any nice "drop in" replacement bulbs? I would just like it if the signals and break light were brighter.

Euphonius, I know it's fuel injected, but I'm not sure how I would test the EFI. I would be happy to get it checked if I knew how.

Yeah, the bike came with the crash bars and bags. The guys were also nice enough to throw in a beefy (strong) bar lock and security system. To be honest the saddle bags aren't a high grade of plastic and I doubt they would stand a hard impact so I hope the bars around them serve their purpose. The "trunk" or "top case" is pretty decent though, the mount seems very sturdy and it even has a little padding inside.

Also, I've got the numbers for both the Liaoning and Dalian QQ groups who are really awesome guys but are a little sparse on English (almost none). I'm sure they would be awesome to shoot th' poo with if you spoke a bit of Chinese. These are the guys who pointed me to the shop where I got this bike. I think I got a good deal but in my fevered state you could have sold me a '85 Big Wheels with a radio repeating a motor sound and I would have been gliblubbering about how it idled so nice.

6. #6 Re: The new ride 
    C-Moto Senior
    Dup. post
    Last edited by Maux; 01-12-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: duplicate

7. #7 Re: The new ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by Maux View Post
    ...Euphonius, I know it's fuel injected, but I'm not sure how I would test the EFI. I would be happy to get it checked if I knew how.

Dear Maux,

Didn't mean to send you on any special quest for EFI testing. We riders of the Jialing JH600 are having a few wee problems with our EFI, like engine stalls at the most inopportune moments. So what I meant is, does the engine run well with this EFI? Do you get smooth, excellent acceleration through the power bands? Any sputtering or coughing or, god forbid, stalling? Quick response when you hit the throttle? Nice engine braking when you roll off? If you've ridden a carbureted bike and this feels a lot different, please try to describe it. But basically, if it's responsive and delivers what you want when you want it, you are ahead of the game! Still not too many EFI bikes made in China, so the manufacturers are still learning the ropes, and we're feeling like test rats.

Ride safely!
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #8 Re: The new ride 
    Good purchase Sgt. Maux! A white helmet and high-viz jacket and no one will dare mess with you in traffic!

Speaking of helmets, the HJC IS-max has been tested and recommended by a few forum members, including this one.

9. #9 Re: The new ride 
    Nice looking bike and the amount of storage is insane. I'm lucky to fit 2 fork bags to the frame LoL. Good luck with it and be safe

The thing is I saw the bike and an old US teevee program came to mind from the 70's
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #10 Re: The new ride 
    Fantastic clip, Gardo! Thanks for sharing! There is sooo much good riding there in California....
    jkp
    Shanghai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast