Hello everybody!

Me and my boyfriend decided to pack it all in and start travelling around the world with our 20 years old Honda Transalp.
We are currently in Turkey and I'm trying to plan ahead the road we will ride this spring. We are planning to go trough the middle east, up to Mongolia and then enter China.
Yes, I'm probably trying to plan too far ahead, but I'm just being optimistic and pretending that there will be no problems at all in the Middle East and that we'll arrive as fresh as a daisy at the Chinese border ready to deal with the lumbering Chinese bureaucracy.

Have any one of you ever tried to enter China with his own vehicle? Beside trying, did any one of you actually managed to enter?
Do you maybe know any skilled travel agency that could help us with this?
I remember that when I was living in Kunming (which unfortunately was 3 years ago...) I met a guy that was riding his motorbike coming from Dali (I guess Shangrila and further north) and going down south. If he managed to enter, I want to do it too!

Can you give us any advice on the topic?

I read the thread on the driving licence and it says that sometimes it is possible to obtain a temporary one and then if we decide to stay longer we could think about getting a real one (maybe obtaining a residence permit trough a school or so..). What do you think?

Thank you in advance!!

Agata and Thomas
http://www.300kg.eu