Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Greetings from sin city 
    C-Moto Noob
    On Thursday 12, 2012 I took delivery of my brand new Scooter, A Dongfang DF250STC (250cc).
    This is my question, it was made in September 2011, and I’m looking for a parts book.
    The engine was made by QINGQI 169mm #110400019. I have searched for 4 days now and
    have found no information about the engine or parts. If anyone has some insight please enlighten
    me.
    Thanks

IMG_0422.jpgIMG_0423.jpgIMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425.jpg

2. #2 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear BBrooks,

Welcome to the forum, and, man, that's a nice looking scoot. Not sure I've ever seen a Dongfang like that here in China, ever.

Thanks for posting pix, and don't hesitate to send more. We'll be looking forward to a performance review once you put down a couple hundred miles.

I do think (and hope) someone here will be able to help find the user and/or shop manual. Why can't your dealer provide that for you?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Greetings from sin city 

4. #4 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    Well their you go, its is a YP250P Yamaha Majesty clone, even the gauges are copied.
    Yamaha never offered the Majesty 250 in the USA only the 400cc version.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-16-2012 at 05:00 PM.

5. #5 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    C-Moto Noob
    This is cool. I have been looking for days and you guys knew rightaway what it was. Many Thanks. I will report back with a performance review after I break it in.
    Thanks once again
    Bob

6. #6 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    C-Moto Noob
    On my first 100 miles I was riding in wind gusts of up to 55/mph. Not a good time. But I did notice one of
    the rear tail light bulb was burned out. I didn’t think too much into this but after the battery was DOA
    a few times in the driveway I broke down and bought a battery charger. Upon closer inspection the bulb
    that came with the bike was a two element type. This made me think it was wired wrong. But much to my dismay, the socket was wired for a single element bulb. So the search is on for some solder less connectors to correct this. To better illustrate this, when the brake is applied all four rear lights should burn bright. But as it is now the two inner are only on when the brake is on. And the two outer do nothing. No big deal, after this I should be better acquainted with its little quirks. And one more note,
    the air-cleaner hose that connects the carb to the air-cleaner seems to be way too ridged and too long.
    The carb inlet compared to the air-cleaner is too far forward , so I trimmed it back and had to trim the inner diameter to fit snug. I may just end up replacing it later after I find some suitable hose.

Las Vegas-20120122-00326.jpg

7. #7 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    C-Moto Senior
    Where did you buy? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks1963 View Post
    On my first 100 miles I was riding in wind gusts of up to 55/mph. Not a good time. But I did notice one of
    the rear tail light bulb was burned out. I didn’t think too much into this but after the battery was DOA
    a few times in the driveway I broke down and bought a battery charger. Upon closer inspection the bulb
    that came with the bike was a two element type. This made me think it was wired wrong. But much to my dismay, the socket was wired for a single element bulb. So the search is on for some solder less connectors to correct this. To better illustrate this, when the brake is applied all four rear lights should burn bright. But as it is now the two inner are only on when the brake is on. And the two outer do nothing. No big deal, after this I should be better acquainted with its little quirks. And one more note,
    the air-cleaner hose that connects the carb to the air-cleaner seems to be way too ridged and too long.
    The carb inlet compared to the air-cleaner is too far forward , so I trimmed it back and had to trim the inner diameter to fit snug. I may just end up replacing it later after I find some suitable hose.

Las Vegas-20120122-00326.jpg
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

8. #8 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    C-Moto Noob
    I will also be getting a "Pre-Owned" DF250STC I will be on the lookout for manuals and parts. Will post my findings

9. #9 What Ive found so far 
    C-Moto Noob
    So far, I have found the same photo, of this same 250cc scooter, with different model numbers. The Model numbers I have found so far that seem to be the same scooter are: MC_D250D, DF250STC, and MC_D250STD. The MC_D250D, seems to be called a "Regal", and the MC_D250STD, which is supposed to be the 25cc model number, also states that the model number for that model number is MC_300STD (300cc Model!! Dont understand that one!!) and the MC_D250STC, is the one said to be found in this thread. I am currently trying to sort all of this out, and should have more info soon but so far, this is what I have found.

10. #10 Re: Greetings from sin city 
    C-Moto Senior
    Dude, make sure you get a title with that Pre-owned unit. Because it's used, I would be very suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by jfalbino View Post
    I will also be getting a "Pre-Owned" DF250STC I will be on the lookout for manuals and parts. Will post my findings
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast