Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Brit in Cebu, Philippines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi there, I am a 53 year old 'Brit', married to a Filipina and living in Cebu, Philippines, for last 7 years.

I may be new to Chinese Motorcycles, but I started riding Motorcycles in 1971.

My first Motorcycle was a Honda C92 'Benly' 125cc twin, that I bought as non-runner for £20.

I stepped up to Norton Commando 'Roadster' 750cc twin, having briefly owned an Norton 'Julilee' 250cc twin, built from a box of bits.

Having sold this 'classic', I switched to a BMW R60/7 - with full touring fairing and 'Krauser' panniers. Sensible and very reliable, if a little boring?

Not needing a Motorcyle, as a means of transport any longer (company car for that), I sought a 'Classic' again, and found a 'Triumph Trident' T160, 750cc Triple, with just 1,600 miles on the Clock. I traded in my BMW R60/7 + £1,000.

I bought a 'Honda XR200R' Enduro, in Bahrain for fun riding in the desert. I also used it to get to work sometimes, as half the journey back then (1982-5) could be made across country!

Whilst working in Hong Kong, I did not ride a Motorbike (it has such an excellent transportation network, no real need for one)?

I only got to ride my T160 Trident on short visits to UK.

After I become redundant due to Telecom Recession in 2000, and after my divorpay for his University education (as I was out of work with no salary by that time, 2002).

We moved to Cebu in May 2001.

I did want to buy another bike, but did not get around to it for some time. It was when an American friend went back to USA, to spend time with his elderly parents, whilst there was still time. He wanted to sell his Loncin T200 'Terminator' as he was unlikely to be using it for several years.

This was not the style of bike I really wanted. As you can see, I never owbe or had eidden a 'Cruiser' style motorcycle before and I did not really get on with it.

It was heavy, and relatively underpowered, because of that. It was the lack of low speed manoeverability that I did not get on with. This was due the the 'Trail' angle of such 'Cruiser' style, that gives 'heavy' turning I expect.

I sold the Terminator, and was wanting a 'Dual Sport' bike as it's replacement, so I could use it for 'Green Laning, where cars could not go.

Whilst I looked at the Honda XR200 available here in the Philippines, the seat height was slightly to tall for my comfort (I like to plant both feet down firmly in off-road conditions).

I also looked at a few Chinese Dual Sport motobikes such as :-

In the end the decision was made by my wife he bought me a brand new Yamaha XT225 'Serow' that does have a nice low seat height.

This is a very good motorcycle, and perfect for my needs (apart from not having a rear carrier - so will have to fit a suitable one). It carries a price tag however - Php160,000 (US$3,550 approx). This is about Php49,000 more than the Honda XR200!

I am getting interested in ZONGSHEN Motorcycles (since I invested some funds as an 'Angel Investor' into a company 'V8 Motorcycle & Parts Dealer' towards funding of their Business Expansion Plans, to offer a Nationwide Network of Appliance and Zongshen 'Motorcycle & Spare Parts' Showrooms.

Had this happened 10 months ago I probably would not have gone with the XT225? It was the lack of good Dealers and Spare Parts for these Chinese Dual Sports motorcycles that put my off.

Only 'Skygo' (Lifan) being the exception.

However, the 'build quality' was not as good as the Yamaha XT225, but granted, neither was the price tag!

They did not however seem to stock the LF125GY-6

That picture seems to show it having 'Inverted front Forks' - something neither the Honda XR200, nor the Yamaha XT225 have.

But this Zongshen ZS200GY-2 has 'Inverted Front Forks' is 200cc, and has a 'rear carrier' as standard fitment.

In a different class of their own, seems to be these new Zongshen 'Cyclone' Products.

These off-road 'Zongshen 'FLY' models look very durable and seem to ooze quality and solid engineering (from the brochure at least)

Cyclone Plan
    Zongshen will launch new products to the global market in a way of large-scale, entire-variety, high-frequency in order to meet the customized demand. This project takes the domestic and abroad market requirements, regulation, standards and motorcycle future development tendency as the instruction. Utilizes Zongshen Engine’s full production line and full flow of product development from design to final inspection; combines the core technology from US Harley-Davidson, Piaggio, Moto Cuzzi, Derbi and TaiWan NOVA designing technology. Meanwhile, the speciality of “ZONGSHEN” product also have been strengthened deeply. Zongshen will be the Industrial Icon by break away from the low-price competition which occurs in the chinese motorcycle industry.

125cc versions:-

and
    150cc versions:-

Product introduction

I am asking 'V8 Motorcycle & Parts Dealer' what the price of the ZS150GY1-10A might be, and if the price is under Php100,000 and thery willing to import one in their next consignment of Php35M from Zongshen, I may well be interested

Interested to hear views in the Message Threads on these and other Zongshen Motorcycles?

PS: Whilst I have been given a 'Dealership Certificate' of
    'V8 Motorcycle & Parts Dealer' it is in 'name only', as they do all the work, and give us Angel Investors a very good financial 'reward'* for funding these shipment consignments of theirs.

* Php2M is minimum investment and pays 60%pa over 12 Months, 75%pa over 2 Years. Go to Php6M and it increases to 100%pa over 12 Months I went in with Php1M as a group of 6, to make up to Php6M so we all leverage off the higher Rate and get a l;ower 'buy-in'.

It really was too good an investment to turn down as the payments came with a 'Bank Guarantee Agreement'.

Naturally this got me interested in Zongshen and these Motorcycles they produce.

So I may well get to buy a Zongshen Motorcyle?

Interested to hear what the Members here can tell me, about Zongshen and their products - especially these newer 'Cyclone' Models like ZS125-50 'Pursuit' also?

Happy to share more information on this Investment if you would like to buy-in perhaps, but it will close at the end of this Month, as they anticipate have met the funding for their Expansion Plans by then.

Cheers

Britster

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sorry!

I am new to this Forum and did not realise i) images dor not stay 'scaled down' as in the edit window, and ii) no 'edit' facility once posted.

Looks like you are left with very 'wide' page, because of that last Brochure page image - so sorry about that.

Britster

Britster,

Welcome to the community and glad to see you've got some real potential products from ZongShen there!

Many people's first impression of the ZongShen200GY weren't so hot, both in North America and in China although some people have managed (all with some difficulty) great adventures with them.

The bike models you are showing may not even yet be available in China or anywhere else. The people you're investing with may be trying to put together enough money to order a container or two of these new models and see how well they sell. As a result, since the models are so new, I'm not sure who will be able to share direct experiences with you.

You might be the first one! Have you heard any other news of these model bikes being available elsewhere?

Also, the forum software does not automatically resize images unless they are "uploaded" with the post. "Linked" images remain the same size.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Here are some Slideshows I put together on Zongshen 'CYCLONE' Range, and then converted to video.

5. #5 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    'V8 Motorcycles & Parts Dealer', turned out to be a 'Scam'!

Basically, Catherine L. Soronio 'conned' us into thinking she was buying bulk OEM order, direct from Zongshen, and indeed some 900 x OEM Zonshen Motorcycles were imported to the Philippines in 'Kit' form, and assembled in a warehouse in Cebu. 4 months later still no sign of all these Motorcycles in the various 'Showrooms' around Cebu. Soronio apparent had not paid Zongshen Php10M, so Zongshen shipped with some essential parts needed. missing from the shipment, until they received the funds, which never got paid.

Still waiting for the Court Case against Soronio to actually get to Court. After 1 year she managed to get it downgraded from 'Syndicated Estafa' (for which there is no Bail). to just Estafa (of which there was Bail of just Php6,000 I heard), so she skipped Bail!

So we filed a Court Case in Cebu for 'Syndicated Estafe', since the Banks directors/Shareholders, never made sure that a condition behind the 'Bank Guarantee' that enticed us to part with funds, was upheld. Namely that ALL funds received from the 'Investor/Dealers' should be used exclusively for the expansion of the Motorcycle Business. Allegedly some Php350M was taken in, and whilst some may have been spent paying out to Investors as in a 'Ponzi Scheme', not even Php10M was paid to Zongshen, which ruined the Business Plan. Clearly they diverted the funds elsewhere and stole it from the Investor/Dealers.

What is more, Catherine L. Soronio, tried getting 5 of us 'Deported' that had been among those who filed 'Syndicated Estafa' charges against her, by filing a bogus complaint saying we were working as Motorcycle Dealers, not having a valid Permit or Investment Visa. Well that back fired on her, as I am a 'Permanent Resident' in the Philippines having obtained a 13A Visa, following marriage to my Filipina Fiance once my Divorse from my British wife was finalised. As a 'Permanent Resident', I am 'exempt' the need to obtain an 'Alien Employment Permit', so the charge levied against me, was null and void and should never have been issued had Bureau of Immigration checked my Immigration Status.

6. #6 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Holy sheeet, what a nightmare!

Hope you can nail this women's "estafa" to the wall, and make her pay for her scam. Wonder where all the bikes are stashed -- the ones missing essential parts to make them go.

Sheesh, motorcycling is supposed to be fun.

best of luck to you....
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #7 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 
    New update on the ZS150GY-10 Dual sport........
    The problem with the clutch lever got worse and i had to replace it with another lever/resavoir from a completely different bike (45 including delivery rmb) an original would cost 95 rmb plus 15 for delivery ,well there was no contest as i would not trust another design like it, the solinoid inside had seized up, managed to free it up again with trusted WD40 went out for a spin and gently pressed the brakes on and what do you know, IT SEIZED UP AGAIN, ok took it off put the new one on and great never looked back, so far i have done 6000klms only adjusted the chain 3 times still ok but now is stalling at the lights(traffic lights) seems to be getting too hot, checked the coolant, its ok , BUT there is a small ringing noise from the waterpump, not checked it out as yet, will do that this weekend plus lost the ignition dust cover, that just fell off, also added blue led`s to the front for DAYLIGHT running.
    So there i am at the lights , PUFF nothing tried to start nothing kicked start it nothing, gave it some choke (now this engine is hot) tried the electric start pressed for about 4 / 5 seconds VROOM, starts then cuts out, do the same again this time leave the choke on a little longer and extra revs Vroom starts (left the choke on 10 seconds) turn choke off still ok ,untill i come to the next lights >>>bah,,, same ole same ole, start all over again, now it only does this when the engine is hot, the temp light does not come on (have to check bulb) the coolent is sufficient, so i will check out the fuel filter and spark plug, already checked the wiring seems ok, sanded down contacts for a clean signal, anyhoo its all a learning curve.been out on the hills pulls up ok fell off at 3klms speed went in a rut front wheel slipped down i went , mu knee hit a two pronged stone and left a (2)dents lol, have armour on had proper MB boots on helmet on arm chest and back protection on ( BUT I FELL ON MY KNEE) damn have to get knee pads.
    The bike is fairing well, fitted oversized top box and a HID and flashing brake light, a hloud horn along with the original so i have dual sound and hand/lever protectors.
    will see if i can insert pics.......EDIT.forgot to say had to replace indicators as the glass fell out on the road, 2 were screwed in and 2 were very lightly glued in, so i lost one and it looked unsightly so i replaced it with LED ones and put on ABS on th wheels (doesnt seen to work on only one wheel ) as i tried to use only one for the front and it was of no use, so put on both wheels and seems to work a treat, an extra mud guard on the front, does a good job too even though i had to use wire and cable ties to hold it on.ok now i hope to get some pics on........DSC00044.jpgDSC00046.jpgDSC00047.jpgDSC00048.jpgDSC00045.jpg
    Last edited by Robeta; 06-01-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Adding some moreinf and pics

8. #8 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 

9. #9 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 

10. #10 Re: Brit in Cebu, Philippines 
    2 MORE AND THATS IT FOR NOWDSC00060.jpgDSC00061.jpg

SORRY GUYS I SEEM TO HAVE OR NOT HAVE PUT THIS IN THE RIGHT PLACE
    SHOULD HAVE GONE IN DUAL SPORT
    Last edited by Robeta; 06-01-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: MISS DIRECTED AS I HAD TO LOG IN 3 TIMES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast