...is no fun...

The current weather doesn't help for sure, but the biggest problem is all the morons on the road...

It gets to the point (at least for me) where I think I will use the bike only for WE trips, not anymore for commuting.
Every day sees its share of dangerous moves, blind drivers, total non-respect of the driving rules (what rules ??), and mostly incredibly stupid and suicidal ebikes riders... but this is something that I can work with, because after some time you know exactly what to expect and how to be very careful to avoid most of the close calls.

What gets me is the fact that drivers in China still consider motorbikes as a transportation method for poor mingong, who should yield to their bigger car and never, never be in their way...
Firstly, this is so wrong, but hey, TIC...
Motorcycles as a leisure, or culture, is only beginning in China big cities, and very few cars drivers understand motorcycles as a proper vehicle with its own rights to occupy a lane.

In China, the ever-changing country where flexibility is a must, there is one thing that never ever changes : when a bike is in front of a car, the car driver will honk, flash his lights and do anything, absolutely anything to go by, even with extremely dangerous and close maneuvers...
And this, my friends, get old...
Everyday I meet at least one moron like this. Yesterday morning it was a taxi, honking his way and zooming past me, missing me by 20cm maximum. Yesterday evening, it was a private car, honking, flashing his lights, then passing me and positioning himself just in front of me before braking heavily even though there was nothing in front of him, then speeding away... Just to "give me a lesson" I suppose ?...

Problem is, depending on my mood at the time, and even though I know that a bike will never win, my reaction can be ...strong. I know, not good, but I'm human, and honest.

Sometimes, when they realize that my bike is not a small 125, and they see my face through the clear shield, they back off immediately, some have no clue...

I guess we all feel the same sometimes, maybe in 1 month I will say something very different again, but right now, it's getting pretty old...

Where are the other daily commuters in Chinese big cities ? How do you cope with this (if possible at all...) ?