Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: SKYTEAM

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Thats a Generic or a KSR Moto by Generic they changed the name, they likely did not want to drop Generic right away and suffer any loss of recognition. I suspect eventually it will be only KSR Moto?
    I spread misinformation, man, what a shame. Good that we have sharp eyes here!

I had no clue that a new brand named confusingly enough "Generic" has come xD And like that would not be enough, the bike's model name is (Generic) TR125ST, and mine bike is (Skyteam) ST250TR xD

I guess those Generic bikes are china bikes "designed" in Europe?

2. #102 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    I spread misinformation, man, what a shame. Good that we have sharp eyes here!

I had no clue that a new brand named confusingly enough "Generic" has come xD And like that would not be enough, the bike's model name is (Generic) TR125ST, and mine bike is (Skyteam) ST250TR xD

I guess those Generic bikes are china bikes "designed" in Europe?
    Yes Qianjiang/Benelli/Keeway and Generic, now KSR MOTO or at least they just announnced the name change.

3. #103 Re: SKYTEAM 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Thats a Generic or a KSR Moto by Generic they changed the name, they likely did not want to drop Generic right away and suffer any loss of recognition. I suspect eventually it will be only KSR Moto?
    Seems ironic indeed that by changing your brand name from "Generic" to something a little, er, less generic would result in loss of brand recognition. Then again, "vanilla" always tops polls of people's favorite icecream flavor, at least in America. Yet "vanilla" in other non-icecream contexts supposedly signifies something so featureless as to be, well, generic. Anyone who's ever touched -- and smelled -- an actual vanilla bean will understand why "vanilla" is anything but "generic".

But I digress...
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #104 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Interesting to see the full range of KSR-Moto bikes on one page.

That 600cc model of course is a rebadged inline 4 from Qianjiang/Benelli, as Motofan reported last October from Intermot.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

5. #105 Re: SKYTEAM 
    They added more offerings, but they are not offering the Uno C 250, but offer it as a 150 they call a GSR 150 and also the side mounted monoshock bike as a Dayton 150.

They are offering the V-twin 250 though.
    They are also offering some GN based as the Mercury and Rumbler 125 models right out of the Qianjiang lineup.

6. #106 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Seems a hell of a lot of bikes to try to stock. Presumably all of these need to be certified as Euro III emissions compliant. Is it really worthwhile? I guess so, if they can command such a price premium as Moilami reported from Finland.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai

7. #107 Re: SKYTEAM 
    I actually adore this

What's wrong with me!

8. #108 Re: SKYTEAM 
    I have no way of seeing the EU certificates but there is redundancy as many of the offerings are the same as that of Keeway and also Benelli and Qjanjiang models offered in China. KSR likely manages that and it is part of their total costs as a distributor.

I do not think the bikes will be expensive, some of the offerings are obviously acknowledging the diversity of needs of various consumers in diverse markets.

KSR lists its regional distributors on its site, they refer to them as importers/distributors. So anyone of them can choose/buy out of that inventory, not every market wants the same things.

Some may chose lesser models some may only choose the 600 to offer to the local dealers, some may only be interested in the ATV line. They cannot grow without offerings and the more the better, if they can manage supporting them for parts and warranty.

9. #109 Re: SKYTEAM 
    the TW 125 SM looks like a keeway designed bike especially if you look at the keeway x-ray 50, having seen the pictures of the Generic TR 125 x enduro model that looks quite interesting for sure.

Kennon

10. #110 Re: SKYTEAM 
    The Skyteam Ace never made it to the USA, the Skyteam USA website still has it advertised and as pending EPA approval, however it is not on the current EPA list of approved for 2013 model yeare. Jiangsu SACIN Motor Co., Ltd. the original equipment manufacturer only has one certificate for 2013 and that covers all of it 125cc verticals only.

Jiangsu SACIN USA, Inc. EPA certificate covers all of these models:
    ST125-1, ST125-11, ST125-15, ST125-18, ST125-19, ST125-6, ST125-6B, ST125-8, ST125-8A
    These are all it street minis, they are sold through multiple online vendors.

SSR

Pitster Pro

They did not or probably should not have even considered the ACE for the USA market, simply because their distribution partners are not likely that interested as it does not fit into their current offerings.

What would have been more of a success maybe…would have been a copy of an SL70 Honda as it could have then been more appealing to the Horizontal engine crowd?

T-Bolt caters to that group and also offer the Sacin Mini bikes.

They also sell under the Piranha brand name.
    Last edited by MJH; 06-14-2016 at 06:23 AM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast