Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: SKYTEAM

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
  1. #111 Re: SKYTEAM 
    I would not bother with Skyteam Ace; even though it have very good looks it would be too much of a toy for me.

But that SL70, huh, those I would want 10 to my garage :D

2. #112 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Sacin could make the Honda SL70 easily and there are quite a few engines that could fit in that frame. It could be offered as a base model with a 125cc.

It fits in, makes more sense then the ACE.

The other is a Suzuki RV 90, they make copy of those already.

Sacin's version of the RV 90
    Last edited by MJH; 03-25-2013 at 02:36 AM.

3. #113 Re: SKYTEAM 
    C-Moto Senior
    I just got an email back from Skyteam USA that the Ace won't be available here for another 8 months. Too bad. I am interested in the Pitster Pro Classic, and Sherpa, the Skyteam Ace 125 and TRex or ST125-T. I wish someone would make a model that looks like the old Honda SL series dual sport, as I think those were some of the best looking bikes period. There was an SL90 (I gad a Trail 90 and later, a CL90/Scrambler), I think an SL100 and SL125, an SL175 twin, and the fine SL350 twin.

4. #114 Re: SKYTEAM 
    C-Moto Senior
    Just got another email from Skyteam USA (We're going through a question and answer period). In the US they don't have any TRex or ST125-T's available, and are dropping the CT-70 clone model (which used the 125 cc engine). The only bikes they have available are the PBR 125 bike that resembles a Ducati mini-Monster. That bike does look like a riot on wheels to me. I replied and asked them when the TRex might be back in stock again. I wonder what all this means for the Pitster Pro Classic 125 models. These Chinese built motorcycles get complicated as to what company makes what bikes, engines, etc.

5. #115 Re: SKYTEAM 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last reply from Skyteam USA. They have no idea when the TRex may be back in stock. Skyteam USA doesn't seem like a power in the field of importing Chinese bikes. I could buy a PBR 125, have it shipped to San Diego to Pasha. Have Pasha ship it to Hilo, Hawaii, where I could pick it up. $1199 for the PBR. Last time I checked with Pashsa, it would run about $400 to ship to Hilo. So my price would be about $1599 total.

6. #116 Re: SKYTEAM 
    I thought you did not like the PBR, SSR sells the Skyteam ST125-6
    These people are selling them and claim free shipping, good luck with logistics.
    http://www.motobuys.com/monkey-ib-championdax-l.html they also have the RV clone.
    http://www.motobuys.com/st125-trv90.html

these people are advertising the RV also
    http://www.killermotorsports.com/Rok...-mc-38-125.htm

It is not a Roketa its a SSR I bet they are all made by Skyteam, they have the EPA certificate for all these, no matter what they are called.

7. #117 Re: SKYTEAM 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for the information, MJH. I like the PBR, but lean towards one of the bikes you mention above for the offroad ability. I'll check itnyo these. I can just about guarantee that I won't get free shipping to Hilo Hawaii, but, if these folks have a warehouse in our near San Diego, the shipping would be around $350-$400 or so.

8. #118 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Typically when they state free shipping then they usually disclose only in the continental US, I do not see that.. Pick one and then ask about shipping to Hawaii, its better to let them arrange the shipping or they will not take responsibility beyond a certain point. You could get that 350-400 shipping reduced to just 200.00? They can hire Pasha that might pick it up at their warehouse. Because if they have free shipping then they already have part of the shipping cost worked into the price.

Does Pasha pickup or do they require you to drop it off at their facility? That is what matters what does the Pasha price include? If you hire them and they do pickup services then you should or could get the included free shipping taken off the sale price, as you do not need it. If Pasha will send a truck to the warehouse where the vehicle is stored.

Any of these for $1500.00 delivered seems fair going over that not so much. It cheaper to ship on water then on a truck cross country.

9. #119 Re: SKYTEAM 
    C-Moto Senior
    With Pasha, it would have to be delivered to their dock in San Diego. I think there are a lot of people living in Hawaii that buy bikes from San Diego dealers. I've talked to several dealers there and they are all very familiar with Pasha and it's no problem getting them to deliver a bike to them. I also checked into a new TMEC 200cc dual sport. The seller could sell me one of those and have it delivered to a Hilo warehouse for $2050. I'm trying to check out what's available to me at what prices. Big 4 Japanese bike dealers in Hawaii hit you more for shipping fees too. I think a new TW200 Yamaha would be about $5000 at the dealer in Kona (125 miles away).

10. #120 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Consider the SSR 250 or 200 they are about the best Chinese made offering. If you get one with the dirt tires you would be all set for trail ridding and you also would be taken more seriously on the roadways.

But the thing is there is no warranty without a dealer. You could get burned if you get one with a defect.

Is there any dealer on the big island that are willing to sell Chinese made? All you need is one that can become a dealer these are decent for the price bikes and if there are no dealers they could literally own the market segment in Hawaii.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...duro-index.htm

I am fairly certain a dealer in Hawaii can get the 250 for well under 2,000.00 delivered, that would be my best guess at their cost. You should be able to get one for under 3k from that dealer ready to ride with a warranty.

I would be careful buying an unsupported bike in Hawaii, you have no legal recourse without a licensed dealer.

These distributors that do not offer up readily their business addresses concern me. But these bikes are considered fairly decent they have Suzuki licensed engines.

I have a 2008 200cc and its ok, it came with a 2 year warranty through Qlink and through a local dealer. I never had a claim, never had any issues with the bike.

You could just go around asking dealers if they would accept one to sample for you as a dealer.
    http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...duro-index.htm

Maybe you can get a commission and act as a regional sales manager in Hawaii? Keep in mind these people are all hungry for sales, you are in what may be an untapped market.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast