Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: SKYTEAM

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: SKYTEAM 
    There is nothing wrong with drop shipping unless it is illegal, if it is illegal in some states and it is, then those states get an approach that allows consumers legal access. Logic would say those state get what ever is needed and then those state can distribute to adjacent states. Logistics are not that difficult, if you look at it holistically.

2. #12 skyteam ace 125 cafe racer 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob MOTO-SCOOT BILL's Avatar
    the skyteam ace 125 cafe racer / vintage motorcycle replica of the honda dream is documented a little bit on our website....http://moto-scoot.net/skyteam_ace.php

right now the bike has just passed the EPA emmision testing for sale to the U.S. market. it will be imported by skyteam usa. pitsterpro is ONLY a retailer of motorcycles made by skyteam / sacin just as we are at moto-scoot. i have been in close comunication with skyteam usa on developments regarding the ace 125 and have been told last week that the usa version is in production with the new epa requirements installed, and should be on the market here by march 2012. the msrp will be around $2200.00 for the usa and i anticipate allot of units sold at that price. moto-scoot has had a huge amount of success building performance mods for the sachs madass, and we can't wait to get ahold of the ace for some performance parts options that we will offer.
    i anticipate the suspension front and rear will need to get reworked, and if the rider position is not suited for some riders, we could also offer a standard ergonomics setup as well. the push-rod motor with what will probably be a weak stator ect. will obviously benefit from some reworking too. we build pipes, and intake upgrades, and stage kits for the madass, and we'll do as much that can be done to the ace's old school mill as possible. once we get the ace 125, we will have it at our fab shop on the dyno and we'll document the read-outs for the performance gains each stage offers, just like we did for the madass motor.....http://www.moto-scoot.net/performance_madass1.html
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MOTO-SCOOT BILL; 01-25-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling error

3. #13 Re: skyteam ace 125 cafe racer 
    Pitster is more then a retailer, however they do sell online so their website represents a virtual retail store they added online parts diagrams that link to part lists that can be purchased online, if the parts are actually stocked is another matter. However Pitster operates also as a distributor as they sell to brick and mortar retail stores. They look more like a multinational company if not a distributor globally they are managing or franchising globally their brand name.

I would or could only assume that Jiangsu Sacins operations in the USA(Jiangsu Sacin USA) have staff and operate an actual warehouse in the Delaware were they are licensed? That or you are getting these units and spare parts directly shipped to you from the factory? Because up till now it looks as if all the current sales they have to date are coming to the market through Pitster and likely through a warehouse managed by the later.

How would people get access to Skyteam units sold in the USA? They have only one dealer as of today and that be Moto-Scoot and is only offering one model they manufacture or do you also sell their 125cc line?

Skyteam may be attempting to build its own dealer network? But that is redundant with consideration to Pitster existing and in that only in realty adds costs and in that reduces profits or raises prices.

The egos and lack of understanding basic business principals screw it up, the factory is best served by one single distributor that offers the products exclusively under the OEM brand. Factory to distributor to retail dealer/customers, not factory to distributor to multiple distributors that are selling to different dealers and also to the customer directly.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-29-2012 at 09:14 PM.

4. #14 Re: skyteam ace 125 cafe racer 
    I hoped that the Skyteam enduro/motard would have come back to the US after United Motors left the US--maybe Moto-Scoot could offer it??? I think that Shuopu Science was never a manufacturer in the EPA database, MJH, hence they would not show up on any lists--I am guessing that Pitster, or even Puzey, was listed as the manufacturer of record for the Shuopu-built XTR 250 with the water-cooled Loncin engines. It was a shame that no one continued with the bikes, as they, too, like the Skyteam enduros, had some good quality to them, and showed potential.

5. #15 Re: skyteam ace 125 cafe racer 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I hoped that the Skyteam enduro/motard would have come back to the US after United Motors left the US--maybe Moto-Scoot could offer it??? I think that Shuopu Science was never a manufacturer in the EPA database, MJH, hence they would not show up on any lists--I am guessing that Pitster, or even Puzey, was listed as the manufacturer of record for the Shuopu-built XTR 250 with the water-cooled Loncin engines. It was a shame that no one continued with the bikes, as they, too, like the Skyteam enduros, had some good quality to them, and showed potential.
    No they have no entries either, nothing street legal other then the Skyteam minis. The database has a field for OEM, OEM engine and also a field for manufacturer. The manufacturer is who is submitting the application and who is accountable for it.

The 2012 database should be available any day now. I only download what is highway legal off highway is a separate database. http://www.epa.gov/otaq/crttst.htm

6. #16 Re: skyteam ace 125 cafe racer 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob MOTO-SCOOT BILL's Avatar
    hi guys, the pitsterpro operation dropships bikes and parts. they might buy the skyteam bikes directly from sacin, and lable them as pitsterpro, but skyteam usa imports too, and they distribute them to retailers like us here at moto-scoot to be sold as skyteam bikes. we get the t-rex, the pbr, the gorilla and the dax from them all labled as skyteam, and they are all street legal 125s. here is the skyteam usa website, and they have a large operation all based in california........http://www.skyteamusa.com/Home_Page.php there are other guys importing the sacin bikes like the guys at t-bolt, and theirs are labled as pirahana. skyteam usa is the company we get our actual skyteam branded bikes from. they are a great company to work with, and they are the ones doing the epa for the ace125 cafe racer and they will be holding the paperwork for that particular model. i believe the sacin factory holds the epa paperwork for the minis in their name, and thus they can sell them to as many distributors as they chooose to. skyteam usa will keep the ace125 exclusive to themselves.

7. #17 Re: skyteam ace 125 cafe racer 
    MJH, I don't think the Shuopu XTR 250s were ever labled as street legal--only in the states that would license them--so would probably be listed as off-road (might be part of the reason they disappeared?)

Moto-Scoot Bill, I am glad to see that skyteam are making their way here. The 629, 909, and a few other area codes around the greater metropolitan region of Los Angeles seem to hot-spots for Chinese bikes' manufacturers and distributors. I had given up hope for Skyteam when they left the US after having been exclusively distributed by UM and UM left here a couple years ago--at least as far as their enduro was. At the time, while expensive, they were considered pretty much top of the heap for Chinese bikes due to their warranty (UM's 2 year warranty), and the fact that people assumed they were Hyosung OEM bikes due to UM's street bike lineup. This top-quality image lasted until the Qingqi enduro bikes were introduced by Qlink.

With the niche market pursued by Skyteam USA (those wanting a scooter but not the sissy image, or those people bringing them along on their RV's to putt around campgrounds), I hope they will consider their full-size enduro bikes (of course, they are bringing in their full-size street bike 125 ACE first) for those of us who need a reliable rural commuter versus an urban commuter and who missed out on the United Motors offerings.

8. #18 Re: SKYTEAM 
    It is kind of a shame they did not develop a version of the ACE with the 223cc OHC, then they could have brought it over on the same EPA certificate with the V-Raptor and they could have also then included a Dual Sport/Motard version as well.

We know that they are offering the 223cc OHC in Europe, so it is pretty safe to assume that if it is passing there it would pass here.

Lots of us like a big wheel.

9. #19 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    It is kind of a shame they did not develop a version of the ACE with the 223cc OHC, then they could have brought it over on the same EPA certificate with the V-Raptor and they could have also then included a Dual Sport/Motard version as well.

We know that they are offering the 223cc OHC in Europe, so it is pretty safe to assume that if it is passing there it would pass here.

Lots of us like a big wheel.
    That is the bike!!

10. #20 Re: SKYTEAM 
    Here is a custom version of a V-Raptor (actually it is the Suzuki original RV200 aka VAN VAN 200cc)

here is the standard.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast