Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Worst bike trip ever! Guangdong 

As I write this, I'm sitting indoors at a lovely warm coffee shop sipping a great big coffee and looking outside at the miserable weather, a slippery sheen of icy water covers my bike and I'm in no mood to ride home just yet...

It all started with the idea that Tom (Capt'n Pikey) Myself and beer girl were to ride to YangJiang (somewhere near Hainan).. The idea was that we'd be arriving somewhere with sunny beaches or at the very least nice enough weather to chill out for a few days and enjoy the Lunar new year since the (almost) Southern most part of China should be the warmest place to be in China.. the weather was looking good, just a week before the trip we were having warm sunny days in Shenzhen, I'd spent a few weeks fixing up the CB and getting prepped for the trip.

Prepping the CB:

I'll have the vids on youku this evening, but here's a picture of the finished product:

New front wheel, new forks (well new tubes and innards), new front calipers/brake pads, new plastics (Rear cowling, front mud guard), new regulator, new crash bars etc.

It was promising to be a good trip, the CB had never been in better shape.. and with the new front wheel she was smooth as silk and handled wonderfully...

[Next up] - A bad omen
    Last edited by Serpentza; 01-25-2012 at 01:01 PM.