Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. #261 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Ahem, guys, why are we back talking about this bike in the rumors thread? I, for one, would propose putting this once-useful thread to bed now that we have actual members out riding the actual bike on actual roads in actual China...

cheers!

Right you are!

2. #262 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolast View Post
    Hi,

I inspect all levels and srews. Since they are all marked it's relatively easy. I haven't get time to make the 2000km check but will do it this week and update you on the situation. I haven't tighten the cylinder head screws but seems fine so far.
    Nicolas, that was absolutely GREAT of you to let me ride your bike yesterday!

Although I am still not convinced that I will buy one (really considering which one I will sell for that...), it made me confirm that the Benlli is the way to go if ....

It rides great for a 400 ...., is perfectly built in details, and simply looks stunning in white!

Thanks again, see you soon.

Eric

3. #263 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Oh yeah, and this one on the tank brings you back to earth, reminding you where this bike was built.

005816c62w0yzr323356p5.jpg

4. #264 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    C-Moto Guru
    "Must put on safety cap and showy protected clothes"
    "Don't drive after drink and drug"

It is disappointing to think that they don't even have the time to ask an English speaking foreigner to check over that text.

5. #265 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    "Must put on safety cap and showy protected clothes""Don't drive after drink and drug"

^^^That text is what I worry about. That text is exactly what has been written on Qjiang badged bikes for the last five years. It seems there is more Qjiang than Benelli in this bike as a real Benelli would surely be a triple? I'd love to know what an Italian Benelli engineer thinks of this bike. Are Qjiang just using the badge as an advertising strategy, is this bike no more than a Qjiang of old? Will it fall apart at 25,000 kms? Makes me prefer the CFmoto. I'll put up with a little less power for a little more competence and less arrogance any day.

6. #266 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Makes me prefer the CFmoto. I'll put up with a little less power for a little more competence and less arrogance any day.

Not talking about the brand, the design, not even about 2 or 4 cylinder - this is all just personal preference.

But from a purely technical point of view, the way it is made, the way things fit, the finish of things, the materials used ... I have seen both bikes several times, and it is my strong believe that the Qjiang / Benelli is far far far better constructed then the CF Moto.
    I even read on the Benelli forum that the engine was designed by Benelli, but shelved when they got into financial troubles, and kind of revived and finished for this bike. If true, that should explain some.

I have not seen the inside of their engines, but my wrenching experience tells me that the outside tells the inside story - open up a Honda VTR1000 SP-2 and a Ducati 998S - same year, same league, even same price range, but a world difference in parts and components.

Should really like to learn why some people prefer the CF Moto on a technical base, there might be things I missed.

E.
    Last edited by 998S; 10-09-2012 at 01:10 AM.

7. #267 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    But from a purely technical point of view, the way it is made, the way things fit, the finish of things, the materials used ... I have seen both bikes several times, and it is my strong believe that the Qjiang / Benelli is far far far better constructed then the CF Moto.
    Interesting, although many other people seem to think that the reverse is true. I haven't seen or ridden a Benelli yet so I cannot comment.

Should really like to learn why some people prefer the CF Moto on a technical base, there might be things I missed.
    This is because some people know Qjiang bikes pretty well, including myself. As a typical Chinese manufacturer that got rich from reverse engineering Honda with poor R&D and appalling customer service. They rate as being fairly good amongst their comparatively appalling Chinese stablemates, certainly no better than Qingqi or Jialing,probably worse. Their Qjiang branded oil was horrid and black when it was new and some of their parts were garbage. So it is up to the individual to shelve this bias from the company we knew before, a company tHt could barely manage to manufacture a reverse engineered CB250 engine from the late 90s but 3-4 years ago, and reports from owners being 5 star or 1 star and no real objective reviews, we are left worrying about this bike, how much is it Qjiang how much Benelli? maybe the parts look good and are made of the right materials, but is there a problem with the design? Are Qjiang cutting costs using their traditional designs under the skin which are not appropriate on a bike like this? Or really is this just a made in China Benelli?

Then we have CFMoto that spend more money on R&D and have usually much better customer service. With a much simpler design twin and a better export reputation.

This is a rumours thread, but if someone can add some actual evidence for or against these biases it would really help those of us who are still trying to decide between these bikes.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 10-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.

8. #268 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    Nicolas, that was absolutely GREAT of you to let me ride your bike yesterday!

Although I am still not convinced that I will buy one (really considering which one I will sell for that...), it made me confirm that the Benlli is the way to go if ....

It rides great for a 400 ...., is perfectly built in details, and simply looks stunning in white!

Thanks again, see you soon.

Eric
    Hi Eric,

It was my pleasure!

After 7500km within 2 months, I have to say nothing bad happened. I have change the exhaust system and gain more power. Also changed the brakes system into Frando one from Taiwan. Bikes is behaving very well. Time will say the rest...

Cheers,
    N
    Yamaha YBR250 + Benelli BJ600GS

9. #269 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Interesting, although many other people seem to think that the reverse is true. I haven't seen or ridden a Benelli yet so I cannot comment.

This is because some people know Qjiang bikes pretty well, including myself. As a typical Chinese manufacturer that got rich from reverse engineering Honda with poor R&D and appalling customer service. They rate as being fairly good amongst their comparatively appalling Chinese stablemates, certainly no better than Qingqi or Jialing,probably worse. Their Qjiang branded oil was horrid and black when it was new and some of their parts were garbage. So it is up to the individual to shelve this bias from the company we knew before, a company tHt could barely manage to manufacture a reverse engineered CB250 engine from the late 90s but 3-4 years ago, and reports from owners being 5 star or 1 star and no real objective reviews, we are left worrying about this bike, how much is it Qjiang how much Benelli? maybe the parts look good and are made of the right materials, but is there a problem with the design? Are Qjiang cutting costs using their traditional designs under the skin which are not appropriate on a bike like this? Or really is this just a made in China Benelli?

Then we have CFMoto that spend more money on R&D and have usually much better customer service. With a much simpler design twin and a better export reputation.

This is a rumours thread, but if someone can add some actual evidence for or against these biases it would really help those of us who are still trying to decide between these bikes.

Hi Guys,

I would say, just go to the Deping Road in Pudong. Near the ring there is a big shop that offer plenty of Benelli and you can also see some CFMoto....
    If you want to see the inside belly of these Benelli just go there to check since they usually have some mechanics working on it.
    Anyway, we shall not try to compare these bikes with imported bikes since we are not in the same category...Both bikes have 1000 things to improve or remodel and we know that there is still a long way to go. I have done 7500km with my Benelli and everything works well so far. Saying that, I often visit my shop and make them inspect and try my motorbike. Brakes, Screws (also motor under the tank) is inspected, oils levels, chock system, tires are all inspected and tested by professional mechanics. They also gave me a ID card for my motorbike which they fill up every time they do some operation on the bike (oils, brakes, or else...). Then they told you when you should come back on further points to inspects. You might always find more professional for sure but let say things are on the right. If I feel my life was in danger I would never continue ride this bike....

Roma was not built in on day!

Cheers,
    N
    Yamaha YBR250 + Benelli BJ600GS

10. #270 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    Not talking about the brand, the design, not even about 2 or 4 cylinder - this is all just personal preference.

I even read on the Benelli forum that the engine was designed by Benelli, but shelved when they got into financial troubles, and kind of revived and finished for this bike. If true, that should explain some.

I have not seen the inside of their engines, but my wrenching experience tells me that the outside tells the inside story - open up a Honda VTR1000 SP-2 and a Ducati 998S - same year, same league, even same price range, but a world difference in parts and components.

E.
    I'm one of those who chose CFMoto over QJiang-Benelli and there're several reasons for it.
    One: CFMoto has been designed in-house from ground up by the people who I can actually talk to and get the info needed.
    Two: Benelli seems not to have manufactured reliable bikes (beautiful/sexy/awesome - yes; reliable - no). Neither has QJiang. Do the math.
    Three: Quality control. CFMoto's quality control is linear, straightforward and is carried out at the same manufacturing facility continuously throughout the bike assembly process. I tried to get through to QJiang QC - to no avail. Asked at the shops - no info. I know nothing about their QC. They themselves seem to know nothing about their QC. Why should I trust them?
    Four: QJiang is supported by government. That is, they don't have to fight for the market or revenue. They'll always have steady money flow, which allows them kick back and relax. CFMoto, on the contrary, is a private company with is far more dependent on the end-user experience.
    Five: I do city riding, no track. I need torque down there low, 3K RPM or so. CFMoto delivers here. You have to rev QJiang-Benelli much higher. I don't feel like it.

That said, I'm not bragging about my bike, it's Chinese still no matter how much it resembles ER6N. I still like Benelli's design over CFMoto's (they actually designed something, not reverse-engineered it). I'm waiting/hoping for Benelli supermoto to hit the shops sometime.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7172526272829 ... LastLast