Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4142223242526 ... LastLast
  1. #231 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Great, please tell us about your overall impression as soon as you ride it. Euphonius seemed to have a bit of a hard time passing gears when he tested it.

Cheers!

2. #232 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    C-Moto Guru
    Nice work Nicolast. All the best!

3. #233 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolast View Post
    Got the update finally about my bike!!! It was supposed to arrive last Friday...Wait all day without news and then week end comes...Mr Yang from Yuyao lu called me yesterday and we are going this morning finally to pick up the bike at the Pudong stock...
    Congrats! Guess you will be happy to see that they split the brake line below the steering head and not any more above the front fender. Means, the fender will not get scratched anymore when the wheel rebounds. :)
    FrontBrakes.jpg

4. #234 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    We need a new thread: 'Nicolast's new Qjiang QJ600GS/Benelli BJ600GS'!
    I and many others will be very interested in this bike . I'm much more interested in condition the bike will be in after 10,000 kms, and how easy any warranty claims will be than any initial impressions, although all information is welcome.

5. #235 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear ZMC888,

I second the motion!

I checked in earlier this week with Yang Jie, the dealer who procured the Benelli for Nicolast, and was told that the newly plated bike would be in the shop yesterday afternoon for tweaking before Nicolast was to set out on his Zhejiang/Fujian adventure. I didn't arrive in time to see it, and it wasn't there when I swung by this morning. So I'm assuming Nicolast is somewhere out there racking up the kms and gathering stories and pictures for his new thread!

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #236 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear ZMC888,

I second the motion!

I checked in earlier this week with Yang Jie, the dealer who procured the Benelli for Nicolast, and was told that the newly plated bike would be in the shop yesterday afternoon for tweaking before Nicolast was to set out on his Zhejiang/Fujian adventure. I didn't arrive in time to see it, and it wasn't there when I swung by this morning. So I'm assuming Nicolast is somewhere out there racking up the kms and gathering stories and pictures for his new thread!

Cheers!
    Dear MCM members,

I am now back to Shanghai with plenty of feedback about the bike.

I will need some time to go more in details and will make a post on it.

As Euphonius mentionned, Yang Jie get the bike for me on Monday morning, get it platted last Tuesday morning and get me back the bike in the end of afternoon.

Since Tuesday 14th, I managed to go over 2000km with it... and I have to say that so far I have been fully satisfied with the bike. I also notice some improvement in the bike (gear box is working very well, braking system is good (especially after the braking line have been up to steering head), the license plate holder which seems reinforced...)...

On the other hand, I do notice some little problem...which I will details and show with some pictures...

If you have any questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer them all.....

I had my gopro camera in my bag but forgot to empty the memory stick before the trip so I was unable to make any film...

Cheers,

Nicolas
    Yamaha YBR250 + Benelli BJ600GS

7. #237 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    OK, questions:
    1. Is it worth its price tag?
    2. Any ideas on how it compares to CFMoto 650 NK?
    3. Heard rumors about metal dust in oil, have you noticed anything of that sort when changing oil?
    4. How does ECU behave? Any electrical problems overall?
    5. Is it comfortable for, say, 1-hour-plus rides? How does the pillion feel?
    6. Have you added anything aftermarket on it? If yes, why?
    7. How's power delivery at low RPM? I mean, is it OK for stop&go city traffic?
    8. Does it feel well planted on the road?
    9. What kind of support do you get from the dealer?
    10. How's the headlight at night? Does it shine where it's supposed to? Is it bright enough?
    11. Are the stock tires good for wet tarmac?
    12. Is there any hesitation in throttle response?
    13. How's it better that your YBR 250?
    14. Are the gauges readable? Are the readings correct?
    15. Does it overheat?

Those are some I'd want to ask.
    Thanks.
    Steve

8. #238 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    OK, questions:
    3. Heard rumors about metal dust in oil, have you noticed anything of that sort when changing oil?
    10. How's the headlight at night? Does it shine where it's supposed to? Is it bright enough?
    15. Does it overheat?

Those are some I'd want to ask.
    Thanks.
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

Here are my answers:

After 5 days riding, already over 2100KM I should say yes it worth its price tag of 39000RMB. So far I haven't get any problem or dispointment. To be honest I have bought the bike without riding it before but just my feeling was positive about this bike...

I never tried the CFMoto 650NK so it's difficult to answer this question. Just feel the CF is not aging well at all...time will say for the Benelli...

I sort the oil after 800KM, the oil was very dirty but I didn't notice that much of metal waste inside. I got the Castrol 15W50.

ECU seems to behave well. No electrical problem at all, Everything is working very well so far. Last Wednesday I went to Moganshan/Anji and have to ge back to Shanghai under strong rains. The motorbike didn't fail at any moment even under 1 hour ride under the rain. The motorbike was indeed very stable.

Wednesday I ride for about 600km+ in the day. Shanghai, Daxi, Moganshan, Wuxi, Shanghai and I was very surprise by the comfort of the bike. To be honest, I was stopping not because of uncomfort of the seat but because the gas tank was to small...I feel like spending my day at the gas station...(it should be around 150km to 200km for the tank capacity. Since i don't want to go to low for the level I stop quite often then...).
    The motor is relatively nervous and the shocks absorbers not as soft as the YBR...
    Regarding the pillion I solely drive with on a long ride...but i would strongly not recommend for long distance...Exhaust pipe are just under the ass...lol plus the seat is relatively small.

Second ride, went to Qiandaohu, around 1000KM in total. Intensive night road and the bike was easy to ride. The lighting system is quite performant so far. I firstly wanted to change it to HID but finally cancel this change as they went great.

I changed the tires to Bridgestone Battlax 023R. 180/55ZR17M/C (73W) for the rear and don't remeber the front but also the same with smaller size...haha.
    Original Metzeller from Germany were showing great at first. But since I am putting great importance at tires I ordered them before the bike. Then I realize the original Metzeller were from good quality too . I might use them when my Battlax will be done. Have to do 3 emergency braking with the bike over 100Km per hour and the bike behave greatly.

I also buy a tank bag to store some lights belongings...LEM bought from spidy.

As a 4 cylinders bike, the engine is showing greater performance around 6000 to 8000RPM. Start is delivering great power too. I rode yesterday with 2 KTM 990 (One Super Duke and one 990 Adventure) and I can follow them withut problem.
    Forget about city driving. It's nice for showing off at week end but not as a main transportation in city. It's go hot very quickly and this bike need to go over 80km/h to be happy. lol

Yes very well planted. Easy to go and moove around despite the 220KG...

No special support from dealer, except I have been trusting Yang Jie for the past 3 years, I bought 3 bikes from him now. YBR 125, YBR 250 and BJ600 last week. To be honest, I know Yangjie doesn't know much about this bike, but he is my friend and I wanted to buy from him. Since it's a local bike it's fine. He has excellent contact with the other dealers around so it make no doubt he will always find a solution to help me. I guess thats the way its working in China anyway.

As mentionned previously, the headlight is great and I will finally not change for the HID.

Haven't tried the Metzeller on wet tarmac. But my Battlax behave perfectly so far.

No hesitation at all. Power is always there and with fast response.

They are too different bikes. I got around 20.000km in 1 year on the YBR250. The YBR is perfect for city and week end escape. Fine for a pillion and I also can put my top case to carry my stuffs around or go shopping. It's amazing what you can store on it...(from my ikea shelves to my bike, the beer cases, and so on...
    The Benelli is perect for a solo week end ride with other bikes. A lot of fun and sensation.

Gauges are perfect during day and night. Easy to read. You can also swith from Miles to KM. The button are not very to push....

15. Does it overheat?

Yes a lot during these days. I also call QJ motor to speak with a technician to share my concerns. In city I sometime reach over 100c. The technician told me 109c is fine but if you go to 110c you have to stop immediately. It's very easy to reach over 100 in city at that period so you better let the beast riding at a faster pace (over 60 to 80km) if yu want to get the engine around 88 to 93c.

Another poitn is about the poor quality of some parts; They looked already oxydize or sometimes rusty or damage despite the bike is new...I will follow closely about this issue....

I will post pictures

Cheers

9. #239 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 

10. #240 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4142223242526 ... LastLast