Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 

2. #122 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    FYI, copy of warranty details from the original Benelli booklet that comes with the bike (left side <250cc, right side >250cc).
    Benelli_Warranty.jpg
    Brief translation for >250cc:
    2 years or 30,000km (whatever first) on engine main parts and bike body
    1 year or 10,000km on e.g. shock absorbers, electric parts
    1/2 year or 5,000km on e.g. horn, turn lights, battery, paint, clutch, plastic parts, and tire (?)
    Excluded from warranty is:
    e.g. damage during transport, force majeur, wrong usage, damage by non-original spare parts, repair by unauthorized people, 2nd hand bikes, normal wear
    Last edited by tomtom; 05-08-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Correction

3. #123 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post

A few other minor observations: The seat was comfortable, with a good balance of firmness and softness. It did not fit too cleanly on the bike, showing a non-uniform gap between the seat and the plastics beneath it.
    Imho, incorrect fixture of the seat was the reason. The driver's seat is fixed by two plastic clips at front, a plastic clip in the middle, and a metal post at the back. These clips have to find their place in four metal clamps. The important clip is the middle one--it is necessary to move the seat from back to front (horizontally) in order to arrest the clip in its clamp. One would expect that the two front clips would easily snap into their clamps at the tank when moving the seat as described, but the opposite is true. Indeed, it is difficult to arrest the front clips correctly and a gap between the front wings of the seat and the tank is the result, if failed.
    (For the sake of completeness, the back metal post snaps into a secured metal clamp that can be unlocked only by removing the passenger seat. Arresting this post is easy, in either case.)

4. #124 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Tomtom, do you work for Benelli / Qjiang? Thanks for posting the tech specs and warranty details on this bike. I'm hoping some other members can chime in with their opinions on the latter.

Also wondering if people could post their opinions on this bike in comparison to the CFMOTO 650NK

5. #125 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Hi Tomtom, do you work for Benelli / Qjiang? Thanks for posting the tech specs and warranty details on this bike. I'm hoping some other members can chime in with their opinions on the latter.

Also wondering if people could post their opinions on this bike in comparison to the CFMOTO 650NK
    I've found 2 lengthy Chinese threads on the comparison:

http://www.moto8.cn/thread-234684-1-1.html

http://motorcycle.sh.cn/t_17308510.htm

They seem to be cross linked. My Chinese's quite poor, but from I understood, they didn't do any in-depth VS rides, just the looks and price. Not too much, really. My preference is Benelli, still.

6. #126 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post

Hi Nuhaus,
    No, I do not work for Benelli :-), but I found the bike at a dealer recently and had a chat with him. To me the bike is quite attractive--high build quality, exceeds Chinese standard (by far), as far as this can be judged by viewing only. Maybe I will test ride the bike soon--will keep you posted.

7. #127 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    I've found 2 lengthy Chinese threads on the comparison:

http://www.moto8.cn/thread-234684-1-1.html

http://motorcycle.sh.cn/t_17308510.htm

They seem to be cross linked. My Chinese's quite poor, but from I understood, they didn't do any in-depth VS rides, just the looks and price. Not too much, really. My preference is Benelli, still.
    This:

"See over this post after my heart a long time can not be calm, Why is there such a good post! I vertical and horizontal networks for many years, thinking that no longer have any posts can move me, I did not expect to see such a post so exquisite. I, I deeply understand the people beyond the day this sentence. Thank you! After reading this post, I did not immediately reply, because I fear me the vulgar replies would defile the rare post this online. But I replied, because I think if you can not leave behind such a wonderful post your own screen name, I die too! Left behind in such a wonderful post your own screen name is proud of one thing! Landlord, please forgive my selfishness! I know that no matter how gorgeous words to describe the wonderful extent of the lord you are not enough, are hypocritical, so I just want to say: your post is great! I am willing to lifetime sees the bottom! The novel idea of ​​this post, the theme of originality, clear paragraphs, the circumstances are strange ups and downs, the main line is clear, compelling, flat display the extraordinary literary skills, can be described is witty, a classic, is a model of my generation should learn from. Novel artistic point of view, this post may not be too successful, but its experimental significance is far greater than success itself. As the saying goes: horses galloping, shooting the birds lead the bow, the world is all in my heart! "I truly was no PCT sector a new generation of mountain strange! I had already disappointed in this community, feel that this community has no future, and my heart full of sadness. But I read your post, let me hope to the community. You make my heart to re-ignite the fire of hope, you let the resurgence of my heart, you have saved I have a dial to cold call cold heart! Originally, I decided that will not back to any posts in the community, but read your post, I told myself this post is back! This is the rare Haotie ah! Heaven has eyes ah, let me be the year of eugenic concept so fantastic the post! Landlord, then, as the "Great Music to sweep the shadow, as if the clouds are cleared to see the sky", so I see hope, see the future! Bolt from the blue, splash of cold water may not be sufficient to describe the Masters article in case; the Wushan line clouds, the Yangtze River water is more difficult to match the master of literary talent! Huangzhongtailv, enlightening! Candles world Ming, see Miles; rain common people, bring benefit to Articles! Through your profound words, I seem to see you eagle, wolf, as consultants, Dragon Tiger step stalwart heroic; seem to see a holding such as rafters a lot, write the demeanor of the wisdom of the world article; as if see you Anjian to look around. country countless valiant spirit! Landlord, you say how wonderful! I roll in the community for so many years, the so-called reading countless people got used to, but saw the landlord of momentum, I think the little bastard landlord with the irrigation of the gang in the community is essentially the difference, melancholy tone, that familiar with the signature, the paragraph is clear. Useless, the landlord, even if how do you change the vest are of no use, hundreds of millions of your supporters already recognized, you must be the legendary strongest id. Since the community revision, I have been disheartened, the community did not hold any hope, have become totally disillusioned legend, the myth has ended, to stay in the community What is the point. I did not expect, did not think, can see the style of the landlord, I was so excited could not resist in front of the screen shed tears. Yeah, as long as the landlord under the leadership of. My heart once again boiling, and the blood in my chest once again burning. I then summarize briefly, a way to explain the fundamental we want to suffer for many years but could not answer several major issues. I like the light of the community, I like the direction of the community, I like the community pillars of. The landlord in the community will better tomorrow! I your noble sentiments too people moving. In such a materialistic money society, she was to see such a landlord's mild-mannered fellow, is undoubtedly the most fortunate of my life. I deeply feel the greatness of humanity. The landlord posts, like the thorn crack in the dark night sky lightning, looking! Sun, a moment let me drink nectar, so I understand the eternal truths in this world is real. I only have a broad mind and a complete knowledge system such as the only truth Introduction. Looked at the landlord post, let me into a serious thinking, I think, if not the top of the posts of the landlord go, betrayal is a kind of truth, is the fallacy of the great compromise. Therefore, I decided to threw the top! I, met you before, I on earth the true saint is suspected; now, I have come to believe! I have been immersed in the songs of the Han court, I have been surprised at the Li and Du's poem was, I had to linger in the Song of the lyrics; but now I know how shallow! The landlord posts it is written so well. Writing is smooth, rhetoric decent, won the Wei and Jin Zhu DPRK legacy, more to the Tang and Song of bone carry forward was penetrating in his lifetime to see the landlord of the posts. It is lucky son. To see over this, I actually sense a non-name of a sense of grief - ah, such a good post in the future if I never see, then how can I do? Then how can I do? Until I have no hesitation the landlord of the collection, my heart kind of excitement gradually calm down. I immediately thought of such a good post, if people do not see it not a waste of the efforts of the landlord? After a bitter ideological struggle, I finally determined I want this post has been up top, top up to everyone to see so far! I now finally understand what I lack is the landlord that the pursuit of truth and the landlord that the ideal of hard practice arising from the heavy sense. The face of the posts of the landlord, I was shocked, almost unable to move, I kind of split the paper wish to the generous hast brought me can not help but turn the landlord posts, each to see a feeling of appreciation shock a few long points, I always think whether God is flexible in its scenery looks, as well as to make one in March I do not know meat, people have lingering wear beams, on the 3rd never feel. Landlord, you write really good! The only thing I can do. I, I support you."

Thanks for the links Steve Halt. Yeh, those threads don't yield much useful information after Chrome has a go at them with the translator. I went through the above and I just... wow. What the hell did I read?

8. #128 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Oh god my brain hurts!

9. #129 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    IMO there is no such thing as a 'motorcycle review' until at least 10,000 kms have been done on it. These are rambling nonsense 'first impressions'.

10. #130 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    IMO there is no such thing as a 'motorcycle review' until at least 10,000 kms have been done on it. These are rambling nonsense 'first impressions'.
    agreed. being translated reads like James Joyce + Hunter Thompson.
    Poetry.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast