Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9192728293031 LastLast
  1. #281 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Yamaha YBR250 + Benelli BJ600GS

2. #282 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 

3. #283 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    IMO from a aesthetic point of view, the QJ600 is better looking compared to the CF650NK. It just seems more compact and sleeker, it would look even better with a small belly pan.

49_44229_e728f39d76d31f7.jpgT2dghfXcRN.jpgT2qfFhXiVN.jpg

4. #284 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    I agree, the Benelli is much sexier looking. But what I'm really interested in is how sexy they both look and ride with 30,000 Kms of hard riding n the clock, and how much was spent keeping them on the road.

5. #285 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I agree, the Benelli is much sexier looking.
    How I agree, how well designed these are.
    Benelli BJ600GS (10).JPG Benelli BJ600GS (17).JPG Benelli BJ600GS (23).JPG
    Benelli BJ600GS (33).JPG Benelli BJ600GS (35).jpg

6. #286 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Yeah well, the designed is better, but the Benelli is way too tiny /low: I'm 1m79 and I really look like I'm sitting on a toy when on it.

7. #287 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    Yeah well, the designed is better, but the Benelli is way too tiny /low: I'm 1m79 and I really look like I'm sitting on a toy when on it.
    How opinions can differ ... I had a 150km ride on my friend's bike yesterday, and did not feel for one second the bike is small (I am 1.78).
    I even had a bit of a problem to back out the bike from sidewalk parking, really had to stretch my feet to push it upwards the slightly inclined road.
    Yeah, you sit 'on' the bike and not 'in' it, but I guess that is what sportbikes are

Nothing but good so far (and oh yah, I changed the front brake pads for some real ones I had laying around to put on my Ducati.
    Now the brakes do what they are supposed to do, wow!

Agree with Eric, I am same size as you guys and the bike fit perfectly. Probably the motorbike position you tried was set on low position. I saw some guys putting it very low so they can touch the ground...hehe

9. #289 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Often dirt and dual sport, and touring bike riders get on pure road bikes or sports bikes and complain they are too small, really it's just another type of bike. Personally I'm 1m83 and I really like bikes as small, light and low as I can get away with, as long as I'm not too cramped, but I do long day rides in the mountains on tight very twisty roads, city riding and cart tracks so handling is way more important to me than comfort, but each different rider has their own style and priorities. I'm much more likely to upgrade the tires, suspension and brakes than to bolt on a GPS or panniers.

Off topic slightly, but it's the same in mountain biking, doing technical or knarly riding, always go smaller. Into pure pedalling/cardio, go for exact ergonomic fit.
    Like BMX vs Tour de France.

998S, what pads did you change to? Do you think a brake bleed to high quality 5.1 could improve the brakes further, as I have a theory that Chinese bike factories always use cheap DOT 3 or 4 fluid, would you ever degas the fluid?

10. #290 Re: Qjiang QJ600GS / Benelli BJ600GS - rumors thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    998S, what pads did you change to? Do you think a brake bleed to high quality 5.1 could improve the brakes further, as I have a theory that Chinese bike factories always use cheap DOT 3 or 4 fluid, would you ever degas the fluid?
    The only negative thing I experienced yesterday was an increasing chatter in the front while braking, till such extend that I did not feel safe braking while leaning.
    I know from Nicolas that several riders "upgraded" their front calipers to Frando, but I take the freedom to think that this is useless.
    In my experience brake power is more the friction building between rotors and pads, and the materials of both.

So I cleaned the rotors this morning (the whole bike seems to be covered in a kind of wax (probably rust protection), and it is/was also on the rotors.
    And I changed the pads to Ferodo sintered pads (forgot the type, might be CP211), the same I use on my track Ducati (and which perform great, even with Chinese made rotors on the Ducati which I tried as an experience).

The chatter is gone for now, and after a bit of braking-in, the rear comes up easily at anything below 20 km/h.
    Above that speed, I don't dare to do a stoppy :-)

The master cylinder, although simple, feels hard, and I don't think the lines need to be bled.

Upgrading the fluids to 5.1 is in my opinion only necessary if you do track days, or very spirited mountain riding.
    DOT4 is ok for any other use, it is simple less resistant to heat, which breaks down the oil.
    I myself had never a problem with DOT4 on the track, just replace it a bit more frequent.

Eric