Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    You made your own plan,why do you worry about others' crosscurrents?I rode JH600,took 7hours from BJ to QingDao,of course on highway,so,I believe in your 13hours trip from SH to BJ,even though it's illegal riding on highway,but we do have methods to deal with it,you guys know how ,right buddies?

But,you SHOULD listen to the good suggestions,like Chinabiker's,it's so reasonable......

BTW,BJ is one of the city which allows motorcycle to ride on highway...

Take care,focus on your trip.

Cheers!
    Lion.
    VFR1200F

2. #32 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    [QUOTE=TB-Racing;39595
    Last edited by fallwew; 03-22-2017 at 07:48 AM.

3. #33 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The discussion seems to heat up

4. #34 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    Fallew.

Oh sorry where I'm from a 'Highway' is a road that could be one and two lanes each way. Here in China it is a road which is a G road and has between 2 and four lanes each each direction. And yes they have red lights, farmers drunk car drivers etc. Even if you know the road and you are on the fastest bike in the world it would be hard to average over 100kmh, with stops it'll take about 20 hours, and that would be pushing it.

However a Freeeway, Gaosu, Autopista, Autobahn, Motorway, Autoroute is something else. And I can see from the 'thank you for your come' sign in the picture that this is where you rode, and you were very lucky to get your illegal bike or any bike on the Gaosu on so we have a breakdown in communication and 13 hours is totally possible. But your tirade of abuse is really pathetic.

I don't dare to ride for hours done a freeway? Oh, wow have I've been missing out with my silly country and mountain roads and picturesque scenery, I really must realize that roads that all look the same that serve food at twice the normal price and gives you diarrhea is where it's really at!

I'm not angry, it just seems that with your arrogant attitude where you seem to know it all and are invincible you could really get yourself badly hurt or in serious trouble, just because you rolled sixes so far doesn't mean this is the way of the world.

5. #35 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    [QUOTE=ZMC888;39601

6. #36 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    At least

7. #37 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Guru
    So your trip is going to take more than 25 days, since you are going to stop for a few days at 2 different locations? However you present the whole plan as 12k km in 25 days! Oh and I did 17k km last year in 9 months, mainly NOT on highway, freeway, expressway or whatsoever. So I could just say I did 17.000 km in X hours :P

You still didn't answer the question on how you are going to pass the borders with an illegal bike, I'd like to know how?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

8. #38 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwew
    I wanna do it because it's never been done
    It has been done, many times. But maybe you'll probably be the first to ride to France on that particular bike, but that just because it would be most peoples last choice of a bike to choose. Many people have been from Shanghai to Europe even on a Yamaha YBR125.

But to me all this getting from one place to another as quickly as possible, it's not what riding is about, hammering down some unfamiliar, busy industrial road and hunting for a hotel or cheap dirty guesthouse at sunset and then worrying about the bike at night. In most countries you never see anything nice by the side of freeways or main roads. For me it's about riding on the best (twisty) roads with the best scenery, culture and meeting the genuine locals.

Thank you for updating us on the law?
    You can get a bike on a freeway here. Usually you just beg then sometimes yes sometimes no. But under Chinese law bikes are allowed on freeways, but that doesn't stop anyone who owns or operates a freeway from having a bylaw that bans motorcycles, mostly they are just being nice and letting you on the freeway because you are a foreigner.

9. #39 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So your trip is going to take more than 25 days, since you are going to stop for a few days at 2 different locations? However you present the whole plan as 12k km in 25 days! Oh and I did 17k km last year in 9 months, mainly NOT on highway, freeway, expressway or whatsoever. So I could just say I did 17.000 km in X hours :P

You still didn't answer the question on how you are going to pass the borders with an illegal bike, I'd like to know how?
    My plan already include 2 days in Almaty... so i'll probably spend a few more days on the road and so what? I mean, what i wrote 25 days, it's the most optimistic plan, but if I've to waste 1 or 2 more weeks then i'll just waste 1 or 2 more weeks...

As for the border crossing, don't worry for that, plus the same way bikes can drive on highways (expressways, freeways, "whateverways"), they can actually be legal...

17k in 9month, so you drove a lot, as i did, congrats for that.

Once i'll be back in Shanghai, i plan to buy another bike (ER-6F or GS650), i'll surely be spending a lot of time on the smaller roads.

10. #40 Re: Shanghai to Paris on a GSX-R - ROUFFIAC MICKAEL 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    It has been done, many times. But maybe you'll probably be the first to ride to France on that particular bike, but that just because it would be most peoples last choice of a bike to choose. Many people have been from Shanghai to Europe even on a Yamaha YBR125.

But to me all this getting from one place to another as quickly as possible, it's not what riding is about, hammering down some unfamiliar, busy industrial road and hunting for a hotel or cheap dirty guesthouse at sunset and then worrying about the bike at night. In most countries you never see anything nice by the side of freeways or main roads. For me it's about riding on the best (twisty) roads with the best scenery, culture and meeting the genuine locals.
    It has been done, many times. But maybe you'll probably be the first to ride to France on that particular bike

So, it's like i said, it has never been done... I'm well aware of all the other people who drove ybr or ural...

Don't get me wrong, i love riding in nice lands but again, this, this is not about the surrounding...

Plus everyone have the right to have different feelings, to like different things, so to me, "what riding is about" doesn't mean much... I can like to drive the way you do, but i can also like to drive fast, do stunts.

It's funny you know, it's on this website that i heard about this guy who traveled with a R1, i'm pretty sure that many people told him that he was crazy, especially when he talked about the Sahara, he surely heard and read the same kind of thing as i read here.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast